OT- How many have acrylic nails??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Jan 19, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I had them for about 7 years, and when I got sick I had them taken off. I have had them off for about 4 years. My nails are so horrible that I am going to go have a new set put back on today. My nails are so weak, thin and brittle they actually are so short they hurt.

Just wondering if anyone else has had them since they have been sick?
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I had "solar" nails for about a year ( have had acrylic too). After I had the last set taken off, I really noticed the damage that had been done. It's been a about a year, and a couple of my nails are evidentally permanently damaged.

I know people that have worn artificial nails for years without any trouble, but I wasn't one of them.

Sure miss having my hands look decent. In my type of work my hands are right out in front people all day ( I work at a title and abstract company, and I have people to sign papers). I'm embarrased about how my nails look now, but there's nothing that can be done.

I don't think the damage was any result of having FM. My nails have never been strong, and all those chemicals just did the trick.

Kinsie