OT: How tall are you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jul 2, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Okay I am posting for my first OT on here I think.

Anyway how tall are you?

For me I am 6'1"!!! LOL it used to bug me so much to be this tall, and everyone asking me how tall I am etc.

I used to scare adults shorter than me and that was always fun. When I used to work, and people would start to get mean and say bad words to me and I stood up and they looked up, and I hear the words I am sorry out of their mouths or oh my. The look on their faces is priceless LOL.

I am an equal opportunity dater meaning I have been out with guys waaaay shorter than me like 5'7 or so, and men as tall as 6'5" LOL.

My next date will be with a guy that is 5'7",that will be interesting, but he is soooo cute, teeheeheee. He knows if he tries anything unnecessary on me he is in trouble.

I had someone in our nice new Walmart Supercenter ask me how tall I was, but he asked from afar as he probably thought I might give him a beat down or something LOL, and I told him my height with a smile and then later on I got excited about finding the famous Soynuts everyone talked about on here.

I am so tall yet so nice and courteous mostly as much as I can.
  2. spmary

spmary New Member

I feel we have much in common. Although I am very short.Exactly 5 ft. So I get questions too,excet mine run more like "Are you standing in a hole?" I have ahard time finding pants to fit. Have to cut off half the leg. But I realise that's easier than adding to the legs or skirts.LOL I always have to be on the front row in a class and for pictures. But there could be worse things.
    Guess we have to be happy with what we got! spmary
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Like the old song goes, "five foot two, eyes of blue".

Michelle
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi fibrohugs and everyone...wow, most of us replying are tall (not to leave you out, spmary)! My husband is 6'4" and our children (in college) are 6'2 (daughter) and 6'8". As you said, we all get a lot of looks/questions!

I wouldn't trade being tall for anything, though...by the way, dncnfngrs and all...have you tried Long Elegant Legs for pants? They are great and even come in 38" inseams! They have a website.

Thanks for the fun thread, fibrohugs...we also have the same birthday month! I just celebrated mine...got it out of the way early :).

Blessings, Ann
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

last year I was 5'1 this year I am 5'2 don't ask me how I manage to grow that'2 lol

Ann
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I used to be 5'4" but now I am 5'3". Hubby is 6'2". Stole him away from all you tall gals (hehe).

I can just fit underneath his chin w/out slouching. Hoping that my girls get the tall genes (at least a little bit).

I have two girlfriends who are over 6ft and they both married guys at least 6 in. shorter than they are and nobody has any problem whatsoever.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

7. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

Just a little over 5.6
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

Wow, I used to think I was tall, I'm 5'7. Compared to all the women I know I'm a giant! But compared to some of you guys I'm a shrimp! I guess I'm just in the middle.
  9. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I started at 5'7", then went to 5'8" after some chiro work. Now I'm back to 5'7". Go figure. However, for you gals who like tall men, hubby is 6'4". Eat your heart out! LOL

God Bless.
  10. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Guess I am just a little girl.....I was the shortest one in line my high school graduation. My family suspects (I believe it too) that I have a type of undiagnosed dwarfism, my hands,feet,arms,hips are not proportioned right even for my short body.

Ready
    scroll down

I am

still here,

yoo-hoo....

It's me, Stacey

at

a
    whopping

4 ft 9 inches!!!!!!
  11. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

5'8 1/4 inches. My husband is 5'11", my daughter is just under 5'7", my 14 yr old son is presently 5'9" and calls me shorty! I told him even tho he is taller he still has to listen to me!
  12. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I'm 5'2. Always have to get a stool to get things off of top shelves.
  13. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm 5'-9 1/4" and have been since I was 13.

But I feel like a midget at my husband's house. He's 6'-4", and everyone there is taller than me, including my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

My son is only 10 (just turned 2 weeks ago) and is already 5'-3". His feet are already bigger than mine, and I'm already passing him old clothes. He's in men's sizes already! We're guessing he'll be about 6'-6", give or take, when he's full height!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2007]
  14. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

5'2'. I've always been a shorty.
  15. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

I am 5'4 1/2" tall.....we are such a wide range of beautiful people here......short, tall and in between.I guess these DD's will pick on anybody......
    doesn't matter what shape or size.....we are all unique...and blessed to have a group like ours that care so much for each other!
    Cindy
  16. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

maybe 5"1 i doubt it
  17. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Yes you guessed right I an a short person 5 feet 1 inches.
    I remeber that song while in school and when all my freinds were taller than I and still are told me I was a great elbow rest for them lol.
    Michelle
  18. JLH

JLH New Member

5'3-1/2" or 5'4"

I also remember that song that went something like "short people have no reason for living!"

My DH is 6'2" and my son is almost 6'4".[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  19. mrpain

mrpain New Member

6 ft. and 190 lbs.... I know, how boring..
    and about to turn 54.....
  20. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Thanks dncnfngrs; I needed that... I just figured it was so average that it was boring....I just wish my pain, fatigue, and brainfog was average.. Have a good 4th!