~OT~ HUMOUROUS FOG STORIES!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KJH_10, Jan 4, 2006.

1. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

So we have all talked about our Fibro fog, and I know how it can be frustrating when we are in a foggy state. I had a foggy "moment" I will call it today, that I just had to laugh about, and this inspired my post....Everyone has had one that they just laughed about so I will share mine... go ahead and laugh...if you have a funny fibro fog story share it too!

First let me say that I have had a terrible cold, and today was my first day back to work since Friday. So, I have been feeling a little under the weather and my brain is foggy. I went to the store on my lunch break to buy a magazine. When I went back to the car, I threw the magazine on the passenger seat. I then was looking through my purse for gum , and relized I could not find my keys. I just used them to unlock the door, so I looked in the door , they were not in there, so I looked in my purse. I spent about 5 minutes looking through my purse, on the floor etc...then it hit me, look on the passenger seat..under my magazine. Ya thats where they where, I just sat there and laughed at myself!!!

Now your turn......................
  2. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

I'm bumping......because we all need a good laugh!!
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Twice this week I've caught myself with good ones!
    Ok.. New Years eve I get off work right before Midnight.. I'm driving home and I'm stuck in a sobriety check point. So the officer says, Licence and Registration...

I'm digging through my purse.. can't find my licence anywhere.. My daughter says mom.. give me your purse. She dumps it and still can't find it.. Finally the officer says.. What's in your hand?? uhhhhh... duh... My licence!! I had pulled it out when I saw the first sign for the check point.

I'm suprised he didn't ask me to do a sobriety test! I was sober.. just a little foggy!

Ok.. so then, Sunday.. I cleaned out the cat's litter box.. She has one of those boxes that have a top on it..
    A little while goes by and my cat is pacing back and forth and meowing.. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her! Well, turns out, when I put the lid back on the box I put the opening facing the wall.. She couldn't get in!!

Another day in the life of the foggy!
  4. silly_wabbit

silly_wabbit New Member

Do I have one for you! Was at the drive-thru at a fast food restaurant my 2 girls were hungry and I thought I would treat them for some breakfast sandwiches. I pull up to the first window pay then pull up to the 2nd window. As usual they hand me the orange juices which I take and happily drive away. My daughter is just sitting there going "Uh... Mom. I think you forgot our food" I turned the car around and went back thru the drive thru, thank goodness there were no other cars. The lady at the window just gave me this look like are you nuts. I just sat there and laughed.

My daughter asked me if I was embarrased for having done that. I told her no that I am used to it by now. LOL
  5. march_hare

march_hare New Member

I went to McDonalds, pulled up to the microphone and placed my order and then said this is to go. I could hear them laughing in the background so when I got my food I said I am sorry that was a dumb statement wasn't it and the young boy working said"And you ain't even a blond"
  6. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I love the fog stories sssooooo much.

I have do so many and laugh at myself all the time.
    Today I had my phone and water in my hand . I sat the water down and tried to drink out of the phone.

I looked all over for the dry coco mix only to find out I put it in the frig. and milk was left out.

I toke the wrong cart at walmart one time. I was in an isle with another lady. When I got the things I needed I went on. Just a bit later I went to put something else in the cart. To my surprise I had toke that lady's cart. I was soooo glad it didn't have a purse in it. She and one of the workers were looking all over for it. She had already started refilling a new cart.

One time I walked off and left my purse in my cart. I was at the other side of the store when my hubby noticed I didn't have the cart or my purse. Someone had turned it into the office.
    M
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry I dont have any funny ones. Just mundane things like putting the milk in the cupboard and going next door to feed the neighbor's cats and leaving the kibble at home.
  8. paintinglady

paintinglady New Member

Mom & I were going on a week end trip and I was driving her car. We decided it needed to go through the car wash first. So we drove up and paid and just before going in I realized I had my window down. I couldn't find the right button to put it up and we were already going through the wash. Mom and I were laughing so hard and she got flustered and couldn't plush the right button either. We had the back windows going up and down with water spraying in all over us. We finally got it up before the hot wax started.

We didn't want to tell my husband or my dad how "smart" we were but didn't really have a choice. We had to go back home to change clothes and do our hair again and dry out the car before we could leave for our weekend trip.
    Carol
  9. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

Every story here is really hilarious........Thanks to all for sharing your stories...sometimes a good laugh is what we need when we are at our worst (even if it is at ourselves). Thanks all, and keep 'em coming!!
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am going to tell you....if laughter helps... I will be feeling SO much better after this.
    They are all So good!!

I read these and saw myself many times.
    I'm always doing the remote control thing....losing my car in parking lots. It is so embarrassing..but poor Msmoody. I can just imagine how you felt!

But, I think my worst problem is losing my keys. I even have this wrist band thingy that I put on... and I have been walking and looking forever for my keys and they are on my wrist!
    I also wear eye glasses... and the stories about this...oh well. I am always going to bed with them on...wearing them in the shower...even putting them down and can't find them! That is the worst...as I can't see well enough to find them!

We are a mess...but now that I have found you all I don't feel so alone!

11. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I paid at the cleaners, then walked out the front door without the clothes.

I go to a grocery store where you bag your own groceries.
    I put everything in a bag, looked for my keys in my purse before picking the bag up - took a minute to find the keys, then walked away without the bag. The checkout lady was running after me saying "ma'am you forgot your groceries". Embarrasing to say the least.

I pointed the corless phone at the TV.

There's more, but I can't think them up right now.

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/06/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/06/2006]
  12. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

I cant tell you how many times I have walked out of the store without my bag....like how do I do that? Thats what I went there for ya know? It can be really funny....my sister who is 19 , looks at me and cracks up......>>>>>>Another story is when me and my sister were going to visit my grandpa in the hospital last year, We were talking and I drove to the mall instead of the hospital...the completely wrong direction!!!! We all laughed about that one...still do!