OT, I am a Dog!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kgangel, Jan 27, 2006.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

If you have ever read a Chinese Calendar then you know if you are a Dog or Ox or whatever you may be. I was born a very long time ago and I am a Dog on the calendar and I found this on line to share with the rest of you Dogs, LOl!!

Hope you like it

The Year Of The Dog
    Guidance For Chinese New Year

According to the Chinese calendar and zodiac, January 29, 2006 brings us the Year of the Dog. This means that we have the helpful energy of this loyal companion to accomplish much good in the world and in our lives this year. When we think about dogs, we think of their steadfast love, loyalty, friendly companionship, and forgiving nature. Dogs are playful, but work hard and rest well. They create balance in their lives. We no longer need to be envious of a dog's life, because we can incorporate these qualities to our lives this year.

Dog energy emphasizes the defense of our deepest loyalties with honesty and integrity. Dogs thrive in the security of a healthy, happy home. They value personal happiness and comfort more than material wealth. We may want to envision the world's leaders being guided by the values inherent in dog energy. We can also choose this year as a time to focus on what's important in our lives and apply a dog's steady efforts to lovingly protect it.

To the Chinese, dogs symbolize justice and equality. We too can utilize this spirit to bark at injustice, right any wrongs, and restore order. Since dogs also enjoy helping people, this can be a good year for humanitarian efforts and the group consciousness energy needed for rallies and protests. Canine qualities like warmth, empathy, and genuine interest in others is beneficial in most situations. The Chinese calendar includes a five-year cycle of elements, and fire is the element for 2006. This means that this year's dog energy is lit by the fire to get things accomplished. The Year of the Dog takes places every twelve years. With a dog's forthright honesty and true moral integrity to guide this burning enthusiasm, we can look forward to a truly great year ahead.

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2006]
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Isn't anyone else a dog like me???
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

but I'm a rabbit... they say dogs and rabbits are compatible, LOL!

Can't figure that one out since dogs chase rabbits around here, don't Chinese dogs chase Chinese rabbits?

LOL,
    Victoria
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Victoria, Hopefully this means your husband the dog, lol will help you both to have a very good year, I hope so.

I am hoping this will be a good year for my husband and I too, we are both dogs, so it should be great, lol!!!

Kgangel
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hey, I have to tell you though I was listning to BBC Radio today about the Year of the Dog and had to switch off as the visited a dog farm yes a dog farm! where dogs are bred to EAT............different strokes I guess. Yipes!
    Love very doggie like Anne
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Yuck Cromwell.

I know I can't believe they do that, it is horrible, especially since I have a dog.

I just thought that since that may be someone elses sign in the Chinesee calendar they may get a kick out of it and may even feel some hope for the future since chinesee are so known for future and readings, sort of like our horoscope I guess.

It is all in fun though!! I thought I would pass it on and make other fellow dogs feel better about the upcoming year

Hugs,

Kgangel

saoirse3 thank you for your note, love that you and hubby have been happy 25 years, what a blessing

7. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

i'm a boar. or a pig. emotional....eaters? lol
  8. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I'm a dog and so is my fiance'...... he's 12 years older than me, and that's the cycle of the Chinese calendar! He was born in '58, then I was born in '70, which was the next time the Year of the Dog was in effect! lol

Well, we thought it was interesting, anyway..... lol

This was interesting info., kgangel! Thanks for sharing it!

Hugs!
    Starr