OT: I CUT MY HAIR!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bettydroop, Feb 5, 2006.

1. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Well not by myself of course! LOL
    Been a ponderin' about this for months, and decided to jsut do it.. well I mean decided after forever to think about it.
    It was LONG, oh... about to my bra strap , the bottom part.
    It feels great, and I am glad I did it. I was hopeing it would be easier in the shower and stuff. Havent washed it yet, will tonight, I love the way the hairstylist does it. Of course!! I guess Ill see after I wash it LOL. It feels weird though having it this lenght, anyone else thinking about this? I hurt so bad when I take a shower and it always takes SO long.
  2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Change can be a good thing... especially if you've been stuck in a rut for a while! I love short hair... so much easier to keep up especially with the challenges that FM/CFS brings!

Like you, I hurt in the shower too! I used to take a shower one or two times daily...but it hurts so much to stand that I take one everyother day now... which I hate!

Someone suggested taking a plastic or pvc type patio chair into the shower... I think that is a good idea since my shower doesn't have a seat in it. And forget about baths!! Much too hard to get out of the tub!

You go girl!! Enjoy your new "do"!!

Blessings... Carol
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

we always feel better after a good hair cut.. how short is it now?

i've just coloured mine......BRIGHT PURPLE!! :D
  4. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

My hair has been really short for the last 20 years or so. It's longer now than it's ever been. The layers are growing out and the longest part is just below my shoulders. I love my hair long but I have the thickest hair of anybody I know and it takes forever to dry. That is the only reason I would consider cutting it. I am trying to hold out until it gets long enough for a pony tail.
  5. 1horse

1horse New Member

I think about it , but I only get it trimmed. It was past my butt and I cut it and donated it but only to my bra strap..I wear a braid down my back and that is easy for me..I am too old for long hair but what the hey, It has almost always been long..Someday [probably.. good luck to you..change is good..Hugs Peggy
  6. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

Its feel good doesnt it? i just went to a terrible dr appt with a new dr. she spend max 5 min with me. It was terrible. I decided even thou cant really afford it to cut and style my hair. i love it, right at shoulders with very light bangs. really fun. now to fix it myself for the first time! Im not sure its going to be easier cause before i wasnt doing much at all but it makes me feel a bit better. Hope you are enjoying yours and you feel better.
    deb
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I always keep my hair cut short -- I don't have the strength in my arms to hold them up long enough to wash long hair, or to curl it.
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

OFF REALTOR FROM WHEN WE BOUGHT HERE IN DECEMBER. TROUBLE IS SALON IS IN THE MALL AND I CANNOT GO IN MALLS AS THE SMELLS OF CHEMICALS, ESP. HAIR SPRAYS AND ARTIFICIAL NAILS GETS ME IN A STATE. MY HAIR RELALY NEEDS A CUT.

MY PROBLEM IS I AM TALL AND HAVE A LITTLE HEAD AND LOOK A REAL PIN HEAD WITH SHORT HAIR. DH HAS A BIG HEAD, AND WE JOKE WE ARE PIN HEAD AND BIG HEAD. ANY IDEAS ON SHORT HAIR CUTS THAT CAN GIVE BIG HAIR LOOK? (of course with no effort?) Love anne
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Now you'll have to change your picture! Your dog is too cute. Sometimes the little things like a simple haircut can make you feel good! Lynn

PS If anyone else is thinking of a haircut you can donate to Locks of Love. The make wigs for children with hair loss due to chemo. I think they need 3 or 4 inches at least:) L
  10. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

You should cut it, I bet you will be happy you did.
    I feel a bit lighter in the step- a bit more SASS. hee hee

GO FOR IT!! What I did was RESEARCH for a pic on the web- well I actually brought in 4 pics to tie what I wanted all in. She did EXACTLY what I wanted and I dont think I have ever had that before!
  11. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

PURPLE REALLY!!!??? I LOVE IT!! I would do that in a minute - PINK EVEN>> I am too darn old though, boo hoo.
    I bet thats a kick!
  12. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

YOU know I have the exact same problem I have a SMALL head, too. I always thought I should wear it longer but I guess I was wrong. Allthough I didnt cut it really short, to my shoulders so I wouldnt think that should be a problem for a small head. Just dont cut too short. TAke some pics in for the hairstylist- there are even some environmental salons that dont have those smells and stuff- they cater to peeps like us. LOOK in yellow pages maybe.
    OH and I think if you get layers in your hair it will fill out your head some- thats what I do. Its when its all long and all one length. Thats worse for small heads.

Good luck!
  13. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I'm another one that is too old for long hair and it is down to my waist now. I really AM going to get to the Locks of Love place and have it cut soon.

Not real short, because I can't afford to keep it trimmed. I'll just get it chopped off at shoulder length. I hope I am well enough to work and afford a proper hair cut before it is long enought to donate again.
  14. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

yes its bright purple :) its just past my shoulders and layered. its got lots of layers running through it so my hair goes all shaggy.

i dont look after my hair as i should but i do love to have fun with it. it was green once while i was still at school ~ the head master expelled me til it was 'normal'

your never too old,i am 27 but my mum at 40 had a number 8 all over and dyed it bubble gum pink :) have fun while you've got it :) my husbands is blue black right now but usually its post box red (hes a postie lol)
  15. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

PICTURES PPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!!I would love to see you rguys hair! I guess I am just under your mums age...
    I didnt get what you meant by she had figure 8's????
  16. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

not figure 8 number 8. its the 8th longest of the clipper guides thus creating a number 8 cut. mum had it clipped all over so its a number 8 all over :)

so a 'skinhead' would be number one all over ~ also called a crew cut.

ive just spoken to my husband about pics,he says no problem ~ its another excuse for him to get his new digital camera out.hes a right gadget freak!! :)
  17. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I keep my hair about the same length it is in my profile. Of course in that photo I had just had my hair colored and cut at the salon. Another woman is doing my hair now, and it looks awful.

She finally got the color right, a burgundy, but it just has no style to it at all. I've been trying to work with her for years. The other lady left due to lupus and FMS and sold the shop to the lady who does my hair now.

I am going to talk to her as I really don't want to have to curl the bottom of it, but it is going straight near the front and just looks like a bad cut.

I went into old hair stuff of mine and found a curling brush that is electric. I'm going to try that and see if that helps. I can't use a curling iron because I can't see the back and end up burning myself or having fish hooks. It is just so awkward.

I have my son's wedding on 4/2, and I'd like to look decent for that. I really don't think I look good with my hair short because I'm a big lady and it makes me look like a big body and smaller head. lol My hair doesn't lay down well for short cuts and it is poker straight.

Hugs,
    Faye
  18. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hey there.
    do you feel you have to be loyal to this woman? honey if you dont get what you asked for why not try another salon?