OT: I got a promotion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Sep 6, 2006.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Well, as you may know, I was having problems with my work pretaining to my doctor's appointments. I thought I was going to be in big trouble or possibly fired.

Well I got called upstairs by my manager and the VP of customer service...(boy did I think I was in trouble) and come to find out they are promoting me to a Customer Service Represantative Assistant! That means a good pay increase too!

Boy am I relieved! I thought I was getting the boot. No more reception desk for me!

Hugs,
    Stephanie

BTW, if you remember, a co-worker of mine stole pain meds from me...she just resigned! Im having a good day!
  2. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Congratulations Stephanie! I'm so glad that you were promoted to a new position and are getting a pay increase. You must be feeling really great about that! I know I also feel great when I get a raise, but that hasn't happened in a while...business is slow.

I'm glad that the co-worker who was stealing your meds has resigned. Has she left yet or is she still there? Hopefully she's gone already and you can begin to enjoy your work environment.

Take care and hugs,
    Liz
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

No...she is gone. I personally dont think that she resigned. I think that she didnt end up getting the help.
  4. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Well, I'm glad she's outta there. I had read your previous post about her and her stealing. I'm sure you're relieved!

Congratulations again and have a great day!!!

Hugs,
    Liz
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good for you, Kiddo!
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Congrats ! Its so Great to hear someone with good things happening concerning their work.

I think you must have some good Bosses because they took the time to look past your problems to your strenghts and are giving you a chance at a promotion.
    congrats again !
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Wow Stephie!

Since I have a daughter about the same age as you I will be a Mom (and part of your internet family) and tell you I am very proud of you!

I am so glad this has been a wonderful day for you. I didn't hear about your co worker that stole meds from you but I am glad she is gone! You don't need that kind of person in your life.

Good luck on your new job! Be careful not to overdo in all excitement of your new job!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  8. simplicity

simplicity New Member

Hooray!

Stephie, I'm so happy for you! Congrats on the promotion. What a relief. Yay!!! So glad that nasty coworker is gone too and you don't have to keep looking at her face!

I'm dancing for you (okay so it's more like wiggling around but the idea's the same right, lol!)

Hugs,
    Simplicity
  9. Callum

Callum New Member

That speaks highly of you that you can cope with this DD and still do a great enough job to be promoted.

Good for you, Stephanie!

Callum
  10. teacher

teacher New Member

Best wishes on your new position!
  11. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Stephanie:

Congrats on your promotion and raise. I am sure you deserve them both. I have one comment...I used to supervise customer service personnel as well as the receptionist in a small sporting goods company. You might have gotten the promotion and the raise in order to help you with your illness and being able to go to your doctors appointments.

I know that I had a tough time getting anyone to cover the receptionist duties in my company when the receptionist (we went through about 8 in the 2 years I was with this company) needed to be away from the office. Either way, you have obviously impressed your bosses and they know you are a valuable member of their team.

Congrats again.

Ingrid
  12. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I think that the doctor's appointments did play a role in the promotion.

I have asked for this promotion many times in the past but they felt that I wasnt ready or that I needed too much time for doctor's appointments....well I guess they changed their minds!

I also wanted to thank you Marion for being my fibro Mom. I am blessed to have found you...thank you, you are a wonderful woman. You are so wise, and I value your words.r And BTW, now that you are my fibro Mom...can I come up there and go in that hot tub!! LOL!!

Thank you everyone for your support and encouraging words! I love you all. I want everyone to know that even though we have this DD...and I have a pretty bad case of it, we can still live semi-normal lives sometimes.

Prickles, I am so proud of you getting a job also. Us young ones, have our whole lives ahead of us, and I work because I feel that I am too young to not. Keep up the good work!! We can do this!

Take care all!

Love and Hugs,
    Stephanie
  13. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I can't tell you how much I love reading posts like this! I also remember reading about your pilfering co-worker...she obviously made her choice, and it wasn't what management wanted.

Congratulations to you for getting what you deserve!! Enjoy your new role (and new pay!!!)

(((Big Hugs)))
    Pam
  14. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Pam,
    Im glad I could make your day a little better.

I am certainly having a good day. We are going to be discussing my pay today! WOOOOHOOOOO!