OT I got Smitten the kitten back in

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 1, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I went to check the trap at 11 pm and she walked up to me, it was pouring the rain, so I guess she was ready.

Of course this did not happen without an incident. Twila was sleeping on the couch, Missy was outside on the porch.

About the time I walk threw the living room Missy came in the door. Of course she went after Smitten by then I'm in the bathroom.

Smitten freaked and bit me on the same hand as before. Thank goodness I got that tetanus shot.

I put her in the tub and got the dogs out of the bathroom.
    What a thing to have happen after you take your night pills and get in the whirlpool. Sorta ruined the mood.

But I am so glad to have my kitty back in the house.

Thank you all for you concern and support-Carla
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Yeah, for the Kitty, but i'm sorry you got bitten,

Make sure you clean it out good, so there is no infection!

I take it she don't like the dogs!
    How long have they been together? (dogs and cats)

take care of furryball!

and yourself,
    misty
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

carla .. I didn't know Smitten was missing .. I'm not on here much .. but I'm so glad for you and the little one, that she is safe at home again ! .. well .. almost safe with the dogs ? haha ..
    take care !
    Joy
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

She does not like the dogs, She was ok with Twila when I got her 2 years ago. But when Missy came along a year ago, well it's not been good.

How does everyone else get their furbies to get along. I have worked with Missy trying to keep her from chasing her, but still no luck.

I see so many other cat dog families do just fine.

Fudge-I wondered where you have been. I hope your feeling ok.

Thanks again-Carla
  5. Geechie

Geechie New Member

but I'm really concerned for her. Poor thing sounds like she lives in fear.

I go to a lot of different cat boards and there are people there who have both dogs and cats. There are things you can do to help them get along. If you can find a good dog board to go to, maybe you can get some suggestions that will work to improve things for all your critters! Good luck!

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you, Funny I am watching the Dog Whisperer right now,lol

Georgia your the lucky one. That is so cool they sleep together.

I took Twila to work with me today becaue of her foot, it has to stay dry. I took her out to do her thing and I found a cute kitty sitting by a car. Twila just nosed around and came over I was saying see good kitty and pet it. She was whatever I'm going walk over her now.

Now if that would have been Missy, that would be a whole other story. She is totally devoted to me and very jealous and protective. We need to work on that.

I was just curious how others handle multi animal homes.

Poor Smitten lives in fear, she hides all day. She does come out at night and I have a shelf she can set on and look out the window.

I have made her several areas for her to keep her safe. I make our time everyday and I still work with Missy by making her sit and be with her. She would be in her cabinet and I would be by the door and Missy on the other side.

I've tried relaxation, ceasars way, mad mommy, It seems to work for a while as soon as smitten hisses it's all over.

Sorry guys I know better than to post this late,lol

Thanks-Carla
  7. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

I'm glad you have your kitty back. I would cry if I lost one of mine. I've had Gizmo for 5 years now and she is definitely one of the great loves of my life. I just have to say that Smitten is one of the cutest cat names I've ever heard. What a great kitty name! Hope your hand gets better soon.
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi again Carla .. how is Smitten doing ? .. I have been trying to get my garden organized to "put to bed" for the winter .. yes, already thinking on those terms.

I have a bit of conflict with our new kitten and our Lucy who is 7 years .. I think it is just that high energy combined with 'everything is mine even, though I just got here" problem .. when Sophie becomes too much of a fireball my son started a 'time out" in the bathroom .. and it does seem to work .. I know that won't work for you though .. I hope something does .. it is so stressful having to keep an eye out all the time .. and poor Smitten on high alert as well.

I still have weepy days about losing my girl Molly. Grieveing is a long process. I did find Catster and have all my girls on the site along with a tribute to Molly. I wanted to tell other cat people how wonderful she was. It was hard to do but I feel like it helps.

I really hope things will settle down with the gang for you there .. keep the wonderful painting up !
    Take care !
    Joy : )
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

wanderingbluedragon- now that is an interesting name. I couldn't decide on a name for her and one day I was playing with her and I said your so cute, I'm just smitten with you. That was it, she was named Smitten the Kitten.

Fudge- I know I still miss my bubbus and I hate Smitten being on high alert, she has been coming out when the dogs are outside.

It is Missy not Twila who is the problem. I took Twila to work with me on Fri because of her injured foot. I took her out to potty and she WILL NOT potty on a leash. So I let her go.

She was just nosing around and we came upon a cat. I petted it and it was very freindly. Twila came over and did nothing. Then walked away. If that would have been Missy, the cat would have been treed.

I hope you get your new kitty and your older one setteled in. Thanks for the compliments on the painting- I wondered why I haven't seen much of you lately. carla