OT: I had to call off work today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Sep 20, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

because I am not feeling very well.

My head is killing me I've had a migraine since yesterday...argh

My body is killing me thank to the weather here it is a yucky day kind of gray and cold hasn't even got to 55 yet...burrrrhhhh

My back and neck are burning so much I just can't stand it.

I am very whiney...sorry

Allergies are acting up oh you've got to love fall in WV yes it is beautiful when the leaves start changing but it sure is heck on my sinuses...sigh

I guess it is just one of those days.

Well I am off to a hot shower to see if that will help my disposition some and maybe my body along with these sinuses a little too.

Wish me luck :)

Thanks for letting me whine,

Karen :)
  2. darude

darude New Member

These are all symptoms of a PT!!! Remember its close to the sinus cavity!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been told that if I get bad headache or eye pain to go to ER!!!!!!!!!!! Have you had an MRI lately?
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi darude--Well I hadn't even thought it might be connected to my PT. No physician ever told me to go to ER if I had a bad headache or eye pain...go figure!

I haven't had an MRI since January still waiting...argh and very tired of it.

If it continues to hurt I will think about going to ER but the local hospital is a joke and they do no know anything about PTs so it would do me no good to go there. Thanks :)

Hi Prickles--Thank you I am not stopped up I hardly ever get that--I just get post nasal drip real bad...yuck. Thanks for the well wishes :)

Hi Laura--Glad I am not the only whiner today...LOL I am sorry you do not feel well either and hope you feel better soon. Thank you for the good thoughts :)

The shower really didn't help much so I hope I get over this quickly.

Thanks again to everyone,

4. darude

darude New Member

If you go to ER just tell them you have a brain tumor!!!!! They then take it seriously. Pt's can move in to sinus cavity and create havoc. Also P is right next to optic nerves and can cause blindness so best to safe than sorry.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thanks for all of the information I really appreciate it.
    My headache is letting up a little but I do have some confusion going on--nothing real bad just little things and it is probably just from being tired and not feeling well.

I didn't sleep very well (worse than usual if possible)and the confusion is probably from that.

I will keep an eye on myself and go if I get worse and I will tell ER staff about tumor. I really appreciate you concern.

By the way how is you tumor doing any news with it? How have you been feeling?

Didn't your PT rupture one time what did that feel like?

I hope you are doing OK.

Thanks,

6. darude

darude New Member

Nope mine didn't rupture that I know of. I heard that you get a bad headache and eye pain and then it causes a stroke. It happened to someone on here but I can't remember who? Do you have trouble with your eyes and did your MRI say anthing about the optic chiasm. Mine said that it was "abutting the optic chiasm". Also it is in the central pituitary? Last MRI said it was a proteinacous cyst which I thought was better!! IT's not as they can grow also and create havoc. Having another MRI next month so will keep you updated.
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

oops guess I got mixed up...LOL

I haven't really been told much of anything. At first was told it was a non-functioning PT and now it seems to be playing around with my thyroid.

I was pretty sick a few weeks ago because my TSH dropped to 0.2 and I am on Levoxyl so we had to cut my dose back.

I was supposed to have an appoint today with my physician but she had a family medical emergency so my appoint was cancelled...just my luck.

I have a little trouble with my eyes not a lot though I see double when I am tired and sometimes have blurry vision.

Lately I am even more tired than usual if that is possible. I am just wiped out.

I stopped sweating a while back and both the physician and I think it is connected to the PT. I did begin to sweat again recently it is just really decreased from I normally have done.

Yesterday I started the breast discharge that hasn't happened since this all started in January. It was the breast discharge the led a PA to do an CT scan and that is when the PT show up and it was confirmed with an MRI.

Sorry so long it is kind of nice to talk with someone about it every now and then isn't it?

Thanks for reading "listening",

8. darude

darude New Member

I stopped sweating too!!!!!!!!!! WHen I was first sick I was always sweating and then just quit. REally strange. If I can I'm getting it out so they can do a biopsy so they can figure out what it REALLY IS. I fouond a nurosurgeon who specializes in PT's so am making an appointment. Will keep you updated.
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just wanted to say thanks for listening to me and to wish you the best of luck with your Pituitary Tumor.

I hope I can have mine taken out too it looks like it is just going to be nothing but trouble.

Please do keep me updated because I am really interested in what is going on with you and your PT.

Thanks,

[This Message was Edited on 09/21/2006]
  10. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have no clue what this is........Susan
  11. darude

darude New Member

Will keep in touch Annie the Londoner
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi sues1 -- A PT is a Pituitary Tumor several people here including me have them. I hope that helps a little :)

Hi prickles -- Thank you so much but I will have to pass on the ginger beer I can't stomach the stuff--sorry :) I do have some prescription syrup antihistamine--that I have started taking again. It is the only thing that works for me. This happens every fall...sigh :)

Hi Annie-- Thank you look forward to getting updates :)

Thanks again to everyone,

13. kjfms

kjfms Member

so sorry love it did not start out as one--I swear.

Well Wake I have to admit I am a little concerned about the lactation too.

Good grief Wake -- not to be morbid here -- but we need to get Dr. G when that time comes and I am hoping that is a long, long, long, did I say long time away.

Yes you do have me beat I will quit whining and actually I am feeling better today so that is good :)

I know what you mean about local hospitals the one closest to me I would not take my dog to and definitely not me in an emergency situation.

They can just Health Net me out of here to one of two better hospitals which I prefer...LOL

Actually I did miss work well...kind of :)

Thank you for the well wishes I really appreciate them.

What is up with the not sweating and the PT I wonder?

This darn PT sure is a odd thing isn't it?

Thanks,

Your PT partner in crime.
  14. kjfms

kjfms Member

maybe we could get Dr. G to do a live autopsy on us? She has done those before and she does travel -- maybe?

Well the more research I do the more confused I get.

I haven't seen darude (Annie the Londoner) tonight.

You take care too,