OT I have been called to reshoot We are Marshall movie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Some of you may know I was involved as a extra in the movie called We Are Marshall.

It stars Matthew McConaughy, Matthew Fox (Lost), David Straithain ( Good Night Good Luck) and many other well know stars.

The pivotal scene in the movie is a Board room scene where one of the surviving football players bursts into the board room where the Marshall president was trying to decide if the football program was going to continue.

If you have not heard the story, it is a true story of the Marshall Thundering Herd football. They were flying home from a away game and the plane crashed on approach to the airport. All 75 players, coaches, supporters, ect were killed. One asst coach and 2 football players did not make the trip, that was all that was left of the team.

This happened in 1970 and the movie is about the year after and how a community and team rebuilt themselves.

It has already been shown to a focus group with wonderful reveiws.

They called me today to re-shoot my scene. It was so cool to be involoved with the movie process. So I am really excited because this means I will be in the scene, I have no lines but just standing in the background.

I hope when this movie comes out it does really well. I do know you will need a hankie or two while watching it.

I just wanted to share this and get the word out to go see this movie in Dec when it is released. Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

looks like the board got stuck for a while
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Was that movie based on the True story about the crash
    of the CAL-Poly football team?? That happened about that
    time but I think is was more like in the 60's??
    Was a horrible tragedy!!

MRDAD
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Two separte incidents. This was the Marshall University in Huntington WV.

You can google We Are Marshall and read more about it.

I wanted to be a footballer but I was too busy playing THE field.

I LOL at your painting prose- Carla
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

bump for more awareness about this important movie
  6. webintrig

webintrig New Member

As my husband is an ex pro and played in college everything is about football in my household. Our son now is playing but is in 7th grade. This movie sounds like a very inspirational movie and I can't wait for the release. Please let us know exactly what scene your in so we can look for you then! I am so excited for you go and have some fun!

Friends,
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Matthew McConaughy!

Yes i know i'm a married middle aged woman, but he's a doll. I don't notice many.
    Love the deep voice.
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

That is soooooooo exciting!!!!! Yeah for you!!!

I love wathcing movies being made, I don't know why

I watched the making of Mothman Prophecies (Richard Gere, Debra Messing) and 10th and Wolf (Giovanni Ribisi and James Marsden and Tommy Lee)

I actually was on the set during Mothman filming in a library with Gere and an actor who recently died (can't remember his name

I think it is so much fun.

They are filming another movie Mysteries of Pittsburgh here soon with Nick Nolte. I wish I could be an extra, but the long hours won't allow me with the CFS and FMS

Two good looking Matthews???? You are so lucky

Keep us Posted!!!
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks for your well wishes. This is the biggest thing to happen to me, besides having my daughter.

I actually got to see Matt McC twice, but we were not allowed to speak to the actors. He defintely earned his sexist man alive award. hhhmmmm.

The weekend they are filming, Sept 8th, there is game scheduled, the rumor is that the Director Mr. G, (Charlies Angels, The OC) is going to realease the film trailer to be shown during half time. Matthew McC is suppose to be there too.

So anyone in the Huntington area may want to go to that game on Sept 9th.

Warner Brothers really did a great job here and treated the towns people with great respect. This will be a very inspirtational movie. Matt McC plays the new incoming coach who rebuilds a winning team.

Thanks again, Carla
  10. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

I think it's awesome that you are getting to be a part of this movie. Let us know when it comes out and point yourself out to us so we'll know where to find you in the movie. Have fun and don't wear yourself out!
  11. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I knew two of the guys on the plane, and had dated one of them. My mother's best friend's son was on it and he had only been married two weeks at the time.

The fellow I had dated was never identified, and some were buried in a common grave. I wonder if today, and DNA, if they could identify them?

I graduated from the School of Nursing in 1971.

My niece is in the Nursing Program now and met Matthew M., as he was walking his dog. SHE SAYS HE IS SCRUMPTOUS.
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

I hated to hear that you knew so many that were lost. my heart go out to you.

I see you don't live around here, Did your daughter get a chance to be an extra? I can't wait to see the final product, everything has been very positive.

Word is Matt Mc will be at that game, tell you daughter and maybe she can go. I'm considering it. Carla
  13. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I am very excited for you!!!

Good luck
    Tami
  14. kjfms

kjfms Member

with you extra role.

On November 14, 1970, tragedy struck Huntington, WV most of the Marshall University football team, coaches, and staff, along with several local supporters (75 people in all) were killed in a plane crash near the Tri-State Airport after a football game with East Carolina University.

The private plane was returning on a rainy and foggy night, and the pilot misjudged the landing and flew the plane into the side of a mountain.

Every year on the anniversary of that awful crash, those who died are still mourned in a ceremony at Marshall University.

A number of the victims of the plane crash are buried in a grave site in the Spring Hill Cemetery in Huntington, and 20th Street, the road leads from the cemetery to Marshall University, renamed Marshall Memorial Boulevard to honor those killed in the plane crash.

I remember this and got the facts from a Huntington newspaper archives. I have a lot of friends who graduated from Marshall.

My neighbor graduated in 1970 he remembers all too well and lost a lot of friends--he is from Huntington, WV.

Thanks,

Karen--A West Virginian
  15. ckball

ckball New Member

Sadly I did not get to go. I found out on Thurs they weren't going to use me on Fri.

I was very disappointed but relieved too. I was so exhausted from over doing and I was so sick Fri that I was glad I didn't have to go. Hopefully, I will get a nano second of screen time in the Board Room scene.

They showed the movie trailer on the news and it is going to be a great movie. They said that it got the highest rating for a movie given by the focus groups...ever.

Please go see this movie, it will be released on Dec 22nd
    Carla
  16. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Make sure you remind us when it actually comes out-you know how forgetful we are.
  17. kholmes

kholmes New Member

What a fun experience for you. Too bad there's no film clapper board icon to attach to this message.

I'll have to wait for the DVD, but I'll definitely watch it when it comes out.
    David Straithairn is one of the finest film actors working right now.

Kholmes
  18. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'll be watching for you when I see the movie
  19. TerryS

TerryS Member

I'll buy stock in Kleenex beforehand.

By the way, Matthew McC!!!! OMG!!!

TerryS