OT I posted a new stained glass peice in my profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

This is the first peice I have made with my new glass I bought on my trip last month.

I had many difficulties to over come with this peice. I was not able to hold the soldering iron in the right position and hold the solder in the left.

I laid a bad bead of solder then had to go back and use both hands to draw the bead right and still lost control at times with a little jerking, had to keep going back to correct and build.

Greenbean had a post awhile back about how things have changed for her in the last year. I use to have tremors a couple years ago but they went away when I had started taking klonopin and topral for my blood pressure.

I have always had upper-mid back issues since a teenager, but did not get the scolosis dx until a few months ago. It seems when the tremors are happening when I need to control my hands such as drawing, some times even holding a soda bottle after weed eating when the muscle is tired.

Oh well, just another gift. It did teach me peserverance. It may have taken me twice as long to finsh the panel, I chose a easy peice to start with until I got back in the groove. I didn't give up and there were times I got frustrated but then let it go and went back to work.

I just wanted to share, anything is possible, even if it is baby steps one at a time. I hope everone has a great and pain free day- Carla
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's beautiful...all of your hard work paid off!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. srollins

srollins New Member

i love it!
    did you make that for me?lololol

shirley
  4. KarenZee

KarenZee New Member

I love stained glass work, and your piece is so beautiful.

Karen
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I like it.

Just a question, how about a wire feed soldergun all in one? I'm pretty sure I've seen them.

Fine work

Dan
  6. jole

jole Member

It's beautiful!!! My mother loved stained glass, and I wish she were here to see it. She and I seem to like all the same things, and it makes me miss her more.

You have a talent, girl! Wish I did :(

Unbelievable that your hands and back let you do that. How much time a day are you able to spend on your work? I do some refinishing of old furniture, and can't work over 15 minutes at a time, an hour total a day or it sends me into a flare. Just wondering.

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us. I just love it!!
  7. elliespad

elliespad Member

That is TRUELY BEAUTIFUL. What talent you have. I wish I could visit the galery you show at, so I could buy a piece of your work. Thank you for sharing this with us.
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Your perseverance paid off. How tall is it? 18 inches, maybe?
  9. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

You're so lucky to be an artist! It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
    Mini
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It's quite beautiful. I love stained glass pieces. It must be nice to have a talent for doing this!

Thank you for sharing.
  11. darude

darude New Member

So how is my partner in false teeth!!!!! Hey I love stained glass and would love to buy a peice from you. Do you have a website? If not is there a way you could make something for me I would love to have something made for gifts for Christmas. Luv Annie the Londoner
  12. twerp

twerp New Member

Is that a calla lily?

Hugs,
    Twerp
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Carla:

Wonderful piece. Terrific work!

nyrofan
  14. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Carla,
    Your piece is beautiful. It must give you much joy to see it hanging and know that you made it.

Thanks for sharing,
    Terry
  15. BethM

BethM New Member

beautiful piece! I can't decide if the center is an autumn pear or an unfolding rose or leaf... I could look at it a long time and contemplate it.

Is there a website for the gallery that shows and sells your work?

How big is the piece in the photo?

I'm full of questions today...

Peace,
    Beth.
  16. carebelle

carebelle New Member

it's beautiful .All my favorite colors to.
    Looks like a candle or a beautiful Flower.Thank you for shareing your talent.
  17. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

i am so glad you didn't give up.you go girl.

do you ever do or go to the show in lexington kentucky? it's a once a year thing about this time of year.

be prepared for lots of exercise, it's a big place.

i am having to type with one hand,miss pooki has not felt well today and wants to sit on mommy.

keep up the good work.atiledsner
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

I love the colors also - really nice work. Did you paint the mottled-type glass or did it come that way? So glad you persevered to make something so beautiful.
  19. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all so much! I have been gone all day, it was visiting day, the gallery, my mom and and a freind.

I need to get going to walk the girls before it gets dark so I will try to answer most questions.

The piece measures 20 x 15, The center is a Calla Lily. The glass around it is a special art glass that I bought on my trip to Pa for my dental work a few weeks ago. I went to the factory, they have a small shop and sell large sheets of glass.

The border is a combo of 2in bevels and a purple reed glass. I had a smaller pattern and scaned it to my glass program to resize it.

It does not take talent. It does take research, reading and practice. I do admit I have a good eye for color but the lily pattern came from a book. I did add the border.

I have a website called Carla's Stained Glass Creations which answers other questions, I don't want to get smacked on the hand for trying to sell anything. Just google me and you will find it and email if your interested.

I just starting doing this in my mid 40's, sometimes I can work only an hour or 2 and sometimes I can go for 4-5. Once you get into it the time goes by and the pain, well it will hurt no matter what I do so why not make it a positive.

But I have to thank my Dr because she does give me the meds I need to do this. There are some days tho that I could not even cut the pattern out because of fatigue.

I do take breaks and try to pace and not push..too much.
    My dogs won't let me alone, they know it is walk time,lolo

Thank you again for all your wonderful comments, it made my day. Carla
  20. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Of course you have talent! Just because the flower is from a pattern doesn't mean you don't have talent! I've seen ugly stained glass designs before and your's certainly isn't ugly.

Keep up the great work,
    Shar