OT I posted a pic of the real me ...really no joke

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Oct 27, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI everyone- I have posted a pic of my new smile.

For newbies, I had 21 teeth pulled 6 weeks ago and had some problems so I had to go without any teeth all this time.

I still feel like all teeth now, it will take awhile to get use to them.

Still can't eat well, it is like learning to eat all over again.

So here is the real me- I still see the crazy cat in my profile, let me if that is what you see- Thanks Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Altho you must admit, you ARE grinning like a Cheshire Cat!

Well, I would be too if I'd gone thru all you have - your teeth look great and you have a wonderful smile!

All the best,
    Victoria

3. Callum

Callum New Member

I'm sure you will get used to chewing in no time.

In the meantime, I recommend lots of soft foods - like cheesecake, ice cream & donuts...

:)
    Callum
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

... and just as I envisioned you! Amazing. Red hair, the whole thing. Maybe you told us you had red hair. Yup, that must be it.

Great teeth! I like your shower curtain too. ;>)

Marta
  5. darude

darude New Member

Luv ya teeth gurl. I have to have my top one pulled shortly and a denture put in. Is that the immediate denture? Looks great. I have three teeth missing up top and mercury fillings and root canals so can't wait to have done now. Thanks for posting. Just posted my before pic and will post after pic when I have this done.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is gone. Just crazy you. Haha!

I hope they work as good as they look.
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

They look great! I know it's just a matter of time for me.. I have a lot of bone loss. I've already lost a few in the back (lower) need to get a partial but already spent my years allowance of insurance on crown for the uppers..

Was it horrible?? You truly look great.

I went to your site - your work is beautiful. I love the idea with the plates and have a few family heirloom plates I think might be better displayed that way then on the little plate holders.

Hugs!
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It's fun to see what people look like.

Thanks for posting!
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

Victoria- thank you so much- what I was thinking about was the look on your faces yesterday when you all saw the crazy cat picture.

Hanginthere- I would tell anyone to keep your real teeth as long as you can. I had a great dentist that patched me up for years. I lost him when I moved back to Ky 5 years ago.

Chemo got my teeth and they just started chipping then breaking one by one. I am sorry that your husband's teeth don't fit. Why can't you take them back. They made me 3 lowers at no charge to get mine right.

I ate a Hot Pocket tonight and had to really concentrate on chewing and not chew my tongue or cheek. Hang in there- Girl

Callum- thank you and I have been eating more ice cream than I have in years, I love it for breakfast sometimes- - cheesecake was one of the first things I ate after having my teeth pulled.

Marta - you are so kind. You must have a little psychic in you. I have never mentioned my hair color.

Darude- thanks- I feel for you-I put this off for a year and half. Yes, these are the immediate dentures. I will wear these for 6-9 months and then they will make me a final pair. The ones that the PA office made were too big for the bone but the tooth style and size was smaller and tapered. These are more squared and wider. My teeth were much smaller than the dentures. Love your pooch in your pic.

Rockor- yes it is crazy me-BTW my nickname is Crazy Carla

Dononagin- like I said keep your teeth as long as you can. It has been difficult and had a meltdown once twice but it is water under the bridge now. Now I will have to learn to eat and I can tell already it won't be easy.

Ken- thank you, but I perfer the pictures you post

Thank you for your generous compliments. You don't realize what a difference it makes when you lose your smile until it is gone. Carla

[This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

11. sisland

sisland New Member

Your a Beautiful person! just like your art work!
  12. spacee

spacee Member

That is how you look and how you are inside and out. You have been through so much through this. You deserve to look wonderful!

Spacee
  13. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Crazy cat..what crazy cat???? I never got to comment on that kitty, but that was one scary cat I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Well, good thing I don't hang out in dark alleys anymore. This pic is much, much prettier. Carla, you have lovely eyes and I can tell by the pic that you are a fun gal.

Lolalee
  14. ckball

ckball New Member

Yes it has been a long journey and I'm an happy with the end results. I still do double takes in the mirror, I have lips again,lol Funny how they disappear with no teeth.

To anyone considering having it done, be prepared for several months of adjustments. I am just glad my Drs were able to work everything out.

Hope everyone is have a great Sat- Carla
  15. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Carla,

You'd never guess that you had 21 teeth taken out. Bless your heart! However, you now have the picture-perfect smile!

Do you like fruit smoothies? I'd be whipping up a bunch of those with ice cream instead of milk- yum. I wish your chompers a quick recovery!

Warm hugs, Erika