OT I posted a picture of one on my paintings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 18, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

The problem is I still see my dirty doggie, but know from past posting that you all see the new pictures.

If it is a painting, it is a place I use to go fishing. We had a small john boat and went to many places in Va. Sadly I miss the boat more than him,lol Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

It has been so long since I painted that but around 5-6 hours. It is a special technique like a 2 part process letting the first on dry.

I will share others every few days. They were on my old computer and it soesn't want me to have them. So I am photographing them again.

I'm glad you like it, it is one of my favorites,

Thanks so much, Carla
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Was your painting done with oils or done on glass.? .. was just thinking how beautiful it would be on glass in a window or illuminated from behind... did you ever learn to glass paint using the type of paint that has to be fired?

Either way, it is gorgeous!

So far I am halfway done with (very slowly) cleaning out my studio... became a junkroom when I crashed & burned :(

all the best,
    Victoria
  4. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

You're very talented. Thanks for sharing your painting with us.

Hugs,
    wordbyrd
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looks like an enchanted landscape.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wow feel I could walk right into that painting and find an ocean and white sand beach at the botom of the hill.

Love Anne Cromwell
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks you all, but I do have a secret I will share. The place looks just like a place my ex and I use to go fishing. Big bass like living in around the stumps of the Cypress trees.

I bought a big art instruction book written by Bob Ross. I didn't see this picture until after I brought the book home. It reminds me of Ed Allens lake in VA. It is almost like going back in time there.

So this really is a Bob Ross instructional painting done with oils and glazing. I agree I have some natural talent but I could never paint this from my head. The book tells you step by step from beginnning to end.

So there you have it. Anyone with ANY ability to follow instructions and be patient can do this. I never tried painting until after I got my disability. I went to the library and bought my paints at Micheals or Ben Franklin. Sometimes they run sales where you can get a 24 color tube set for 5 bucks. I did buy better brushes, it is worth it.

So I encourage everyone to spend 25-50 bucks on supplies and go for it. I didn't know I could do this. I do have lots of other stuff that I will never show,lol It's like kissing frogs to find your prince,lol.

Everyone have a good weekend- thanks for all you compliments. I will post other pictures in a few days- Carla
  8. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

And his teacher, William Alexander.

Do you sell your paintings? Stick a unicorn in that one and you might have a buyer! LOL

You are talented. Not everyone can paint like Bob or William.

God Bless.
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

No I haven't tried to sell my paintings. I just do it for myself. Maybe one day if I get to travel and do shows for my stained glass I will take them.

I belong to a art club, we meet once a month. We are suppose to bring a new painting in each month for a "judging" while we had refreshments.

I use to live 2 blocks from our meeting place at the college. Now I live 15 miles and always forget the last Thursday of the month. I need to get back to going.

I haven't painted anything in the last year.

Thanks for asking-Carla
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

I have tried painting on glass with transparents and opaques. You bake in your kitchen oven.

I do not have a kiln :( But that's ok I still have plenty to keep me occupied.

What do you do in your studio? I forgot to look at your bio and now I'm afraid I will lose my post.

Carla
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Carla!

Ken
  12. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is my hearts desire to learn to paint. You did a beautiful job on this.
    I admire your talent, thank you for sharing it...
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

I just wanted to give this another go around before I change it.

I have never taken a class, only watched Bob Ross, Jerry Yarnell and read books and practiced alot.

This painting is a very easy technique. I swear I can't draw decent stick people.

I appreciate everyone's kind words and compliments but I am not a natural talent, I have lerned to copy very well :)

So don't sit there and say "I can never do that". I was one of those people 10 years ago.

After surviving cancer I changed my views of life and myself.

Just trying is the important part. Take a class or check the library out.

I do understand that many are not able to get out to a class or shop for supplies, but there is a lot of free info on the internet. Everything can be delivered to your door.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy week. Carla
  14. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I've always wanted to learn to paint. I used to be able to draw fairly well when I was young but I lost the ability as I got older.
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Very Nice! I love Floral and forest scenes!! Your very Talented!!......................................S
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you for your compliments but it is NOT talent. That is my whole point here. This was taken step by step from a book. I feel like I was meant to show others that we really can do things that we think are beyond our reach.

Anything is possible if you believe, Carla
  17. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I like your painting Carla, I agree that most people could take up some kind of art work.

I think that school and society do not put as much value on art as they should.

Art and crafts of any kind do great things for mental health and building confidence.

I started out when I was in my 30s and was terrible {always save your first works to compare later on.}

It all takes practice.Instruction may or may not help. You will be surprised at what you can do.

Painting is my passion, but of late, the pain in my shoulders, arms and neck are restricting me, and I have not done much painting lately.

As far as natural talent goes, some have more than others, I had none when I began and you should see the stuff I throw in the garbage even after thirty years.

The fun is in the process and if the results are good so much the better.

We can all learn to do almost anything and all you can do is improve.

It is a craft that even a life time of practice will never perfect.

Artists are never satisified with their work but they just keep trying to do better next time. Much like life in general. Love Denamay
  18. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you - you said it all perfectly. Everyone can learn some kind of art, craft whatever brings you pleasure as a hobby,

It is very important to focus on other things than these DDs. I have good days and my bad days, yesterday was a bady day- I was on the couch all day.

I just do the best I can with the good ones-Carla
  19. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Don't sell yourself short. You have a gift even if you followed instructions. I believe that most of us couldn't have done as well. I guess I should just speak for myself.

I thank you for telling us what you did. I intend to go out and purchase all of the things you did and see what I can do. I have always wanted to paint and maybe now I can.

Thanks much, your picture is beautiful.

Blessings,

Arlene
  20. kriket

kriket New Member

THAT WAS TOO NEAT. YOU ARE REALLY TALENTED.

KRIKET