OT I posted picutres of my before and after remodel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone- I finally got around to adding my remodel pictures to my website. If you want to see them google Carla's Stained Glass, then look down to the links that say Click her for Before and after pictures. It just above the paint brush.

Thanks for looking, it took me 3 years to get this far. I still have to finish the room with the slider but all in time. Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Not one comment :(

I bought my bank repo house 3 years ago. I have done all of the cleaning, painting and fixing up myself. I did hire someone to get the electrical to code and a plumber to do under the house work.

I bought the cabinets unfinished and stained them all myself. Then hired someone to help install them.

My house is just a comfortable cozy home for me and my critter family. I just wanted people to see just because we are disabled does not mean we are unable.

It was hard work and sometimes I thought I would die before I got this far. But it is a good feeling to sit back and enjoy and "I did this"

Carla

3. srollins

srollins New Member

how wonderful, i remember hearing about your house. i didn't see this before or i would have already replied.

i can so relate because we bought our house at a sheriff's auction and it has been an up hill process since. lucky for me i had a go getter hubby, i don't think i would have been able to get it pulled together as you have on your own.

i commend you my dear and i love the cozy colors you have happening there. just exactly what are the cabinets done in?
    colorwise i mean.i can't tell.

i look forward to seeing that deck someday.

shirley
  4. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Carla, I was afraid I couldn't find it but I kept on until I did...LOL.

You have done some amazing work on your home and it looks so nice and cozy.

I love looking at stained glass...it's so beautiful and relaxing. Sit back and enjoy it.

Love & Hugs

carolin
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Stomyskye-I agree it's the best and the worst. But it is possible and very rewarding.

Hi Shirley- long time no hear- I have thought about you often. My computer died about a year ago taking everything with it. I didn't find my way back here until a few months ago. I was so busy with the house I didn't spend much time on the computer.

The cabinets are unfinished oak. I did a blue gel stain first. then I made a custom glaze out of 2 different colors of blue and gave 2 coats. then 2 coats of a clear satin laquer.

What you don't see is a picture of the 4 two foot pantries lined up on one wall. That is the storage for my stained glass. I have not touched them yet. I keep saying one day.

How have you and your hubby been doing? You still making dolls? Write me and get me caught up

Carolin- Thank you for taking the time to find me. I love the glass to. The sun sets in the living room window every day and the colors flash all over the room. I do enjoy sitting back and watching.

Thanks for looking -Carla
    Dreams DO Come True
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

You did a fantastic job! The house comes across already as a comfortable home. You should be very proud of the results of your hard work. Love the stained glass!

Pepper
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Your new remodel looks an awful lot like your fuzzy kids! You must have changed the pic again!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Carla .. the before and after aren't working for me .. but I have seen the stained glass pictures and they are beautiful ! .. I love the sea horses and lantern with windchime especially !
    Your furry critters are gorgeous too .. Smitten looks like there is Main Coon in the blood line !
    Joy : )
  9. sues1

sues1 New Member

A lot to be proud of.....one thing missing though.....was you in one of the pictures.......Susan
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I wrote a comment on your beautiful glass creations. Seems like a lot of my posts just vanish into the ether.
  11. ckball

ckball New Member

Pepper- thanks, I have always loved these warm colors

Greenbean try go here http://home.earthlink.net/~ckball/carla_s_remodel/
    You have to go to my website to see the before and after. I did change my profile to one of the afters

Fudge - did you go to my site then look down on the right and there is text that says Click here to see before and after.

Rock- which peice did you comment on on?

I thought that about Smitten too. She is smaller than most of the main coons. she was a stray that fit into one hand when she sat screaming at my back door.

Thanks for checking my pic outs-Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

Greenbea, read my last post to tell you how to get there I'm off to dream land-nitynite Carla
  13. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I looked at your phots and admire your work; both the remodel and stained glass pieces.
    I emailed yuo and hope to hear from you!
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
    Many blessings!
    Stacey
  14. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I have remodeled a couple of houses myself. It is a lot of hard work, but is so rewarding.

I enjoyed looking at your stained glass creations. I envy you for being able to do something you love so much.

Linda
  15. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

alot of hard work
  16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Saw different pics this trip. Is that depression plate the same as carnival glass? Is carnival glass always orange? Your work looks very professional.

This time I saw the remodeling. Very nice.
  17. srollins

srollins New Member

carla, the pic you posted in your profile really shows off the cabinets. i love the color.
    are the counter tops granite?

shirley
  18. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

your kitchen is lovely, we did the same 6 years ago, bought an old, derelict, house and did it all up. That way you get to put exactly what you want in it.

Your stainglass work is amazing, good for you. I havent looked at your other sites yet but I will.

love
    Rosie
  19. ckball

ckball New Member

Spr30- thank you for your wonderful email- I love your furbie he is a doll baby. I love mine but sometimes I would love to have a small lapdog. My kitty is not really a lap kitty :(

Eeyoreblue02- whay does your name mean? Yes remodeling is hard work but at least you get it done the way you want. Don't envy me, it has taken many years, illness, ect to know I was able to to this stuff. I didn't learn the glass until I was about 44.

Just find something you think you may like then try it, if you don't like it try something else. All that matters is you TRY. Carla

blessed-thank you-very hard work indeed

Rockgor- I'm glad you took a second look. Yes those are depression plates. But not Carnival glass- no it is not all orange. Carnival was made during the depression era but all Carnival has that mutlicolor look from red, blue,purple in one peice.

Shirley- yes those are granite. My big splurge! I bought 12 x 12's and did it myself. I alread had a wet saw so I did them. I did price out a one peice granite and installation, it was more than I spent on the cabinets!

rosiebud- thank you- a fellow remodeler- the thing is - you have to have a vision when looking at old houses. Some of my freinds told me to tear it down and I knew what it COULD be. I'm glad you got to do it YOUR way.

Thanks everyone again for looking. I don't get to share it often. I live alone and have only a couple of good friends. I love showing people what can be done if you set your mind to it. Carla
  20. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Congratulations on a job well done! The kitchen looks great.
    How is that hand today? be careful with that one. Love Denamay