OT I posted the news that the miners were alive but OMG

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeljoe, Jan 3, 2006.

1. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I just got up and turned on the news. All but one of those miners were dead that they found. All the media was saying they were found alive. I posted it lastnight and this morning they're reporting they are dead except for one. I'm so sorry for posting that topic. I was going on what the news stations said... Oh my God I feel so horrible. Please forgive me for posting news that the media gave that was totally WRONG.
    I couldn't even imagine how those families must feel with the false hope they were given by the media. I am so sorry they were given this hope and it must have be yanked away to pure sorrow. Please lets all join in prayer and whisper a prayer for the families of this loss.
    Again, I am SO sorry for posting the wrong news. I was cheering for joy and I was proud to post they were alive. I will never believe the media until everything is CONFIRMED! I saw this news on FOX, CNN, AND HEADLINE NEWS.
    I can't believe they would announce this wrong informations nationally! How can they retract this? Please forgive me for giving such false information based on national news.
    I'm so sorry,
    Angela
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

dont beat your self up hon.
    it happens and no one will blame you. you hopes were raised and you expressed that.
    i would delete your initial post and be glad at least one of those poor men made it out.

nothing was your fault,dont be sorry :)
  3. KelB

KelB New Member

We've been following the story in the UK as well. What a horrific mix-up for the families to have to bear.

There's no blame on you for being glad at the false good news Angela. I also feel sorry for the mining company employees in the rescue control centre, who "heard" and passed on what they so dearly wanted to hear, instead of the real, dreadful news. They will be carrying the heavy burden of what they did for the rest of their lives.

At least one miner is back with his family. Let's put our good thoughts towards his recovery and the families of those who were lost. Also the rescuers who worked so hard and risked their own lives underground.
  4. JimB

JimB New Member

DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP over sharing some good news.
    (you and a millions of other people)...
    It was News that was reported on TV news.

Nothing wrong with that!

The MEDIA reported it.
    and THEY HAD IT WRONG!

THEY Messed up. NOT YOU! It's OK. :)

Yes, let's pray for famiy and friends of the victims.
    Jim
  5. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I just felt horrible about being so excited and finding out the truth. I will go back and delete the original post. Thanks for suggesting it. (fibro fog seriously) I do agree we need to pray for the families and friends of those miners. I couldn't wait to post the good news when I heard it. I even woke my hubby up and told him the wrong news. I just wanted to say sorry to you guys. I do understand it wasn't my fault but I just felt awful.
    Thanks everyone!!!
    Angela