OT: If The World Was Ending In One Week......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marta, Jul 2, 2006.

1. marta

marta New Member

....what would you do before then?

This isn't as negative as it first might sound. A friend and I were discussing it a couple of years ago and I said, I would fly [my son and his family here in Michigan] with me to visit [my other son and his family in California] for Thanksgiving.

I thought about it and decided to do it! It was expensive and it was ultimately hard on me because I got sick when I got home but I wouldn't trade those memories for ANYTHING.

How about you?

Yours for living our dreams,
    Marta
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

No pandamonium, just something that YOU know.

Come on, H. What would you do if you knew you only had a short time in which to do it?

M.

I'd buy a new dictionary.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2006]
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Spread the Word of God! If the world was ending, Jesus is coming back! Are you ready? I am!

Since I don't know if the world is ending in a week or not, I should still be telling others about the free gift He gives us. But I guess that's for the worship board.

Sorry to those I offended.

God Bless.
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I know where you are coming from. Don't ever apologize.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Friends, this is not a post to disparage Jesus or even to get into religion. This is just to help us think about what in our lives might be important that we're not considering as such so that we can pay closer attention to those things.

Marta

6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This may be hard for some to believe but I have already done the things I wanted to in life.

I lived in Germany for 3 years and traveled Europe. I went to Italy and went to the Vatican to see all the beautiful paintings.

I have lived all over this country at least in the places I'd wanted to and a few I did not.

The thing I have wanted the most was to move back home and Thank God ,we are going to in a couple of months. I guess we'd move it up.

I'd contact people I haven't seen in years just to say hi. I even started doing this a few weeks ago.

When I started to get my mental Health back This was a Question I ask myself. Only I ask what if I was really going to die. What would I want to Do? So I am still deciding as I mark one thing off the list, I add a new one.

I want to be sure to appreciate what healing I have experienced and to share that with people. Not shouting it out everywhere ,but maybe with one cup of tea at a time.

I would love to just lay in the sun and feel an ocean breeze across my face. Hear my grandchildren playing in the yard and their giggles .

Maybe a big out side picnic with my whole family. Like the kind we had when I was a Kid.
    Only I'd bring Mom's potato salad cause she no longer with us.

I'd set with the grandchildren and show them pictures of my grandparents and the family farm where I use to Play. Or pictures of my parents on their wedding day. I'd tell who their grandfather was and point out who might have his grin. I'd brush my nieces hair and put ribbons in it like my Aunt use to do mine.

I guess I'd want to make the memories for the next generation to share. To engrave deep within their Hearts how much I love Them.

These things are on my list to do, when I return home. You see I am at a time in my life that I want to embrace those I love and be thankful for what ever good days I have left to share. It could be 5 days or 50 more years but this DD as taught me to appreciate the little things in life a giggle or the breeze cause all the other stuff could be gone in a min.

7. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I would spend every spare moment with my family and friends. I would cherish every last minute I had left with them. I would also marry my boyfriend of 7 years. He has been the most caring supportive man I have ever met, and I would just want to have that peace of knowing that he will be with me as we pass over to the other side.

Stephanie
  8. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

because just the words "the world ending" aggrevates me.

It aggrevates me because of the religion I was "raised" in.

That religion screwed up my life and my 'would have been' future. (I think I wrote a similar reply to another post about doing things differently had I known I was going to be sick.)

Putting that aside, I would spend every moment possible with my husband & bird, kids & grandkids, and my mom & dad.

My Life has become what it is, for a reason I am probably not aware, and I accept that.

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I sure didn't mean to heat folks up over this title.

You see, in the actual situation, my friend and I are both unwell and the statement was actually "If we knew we had only a short time to live...". But I didn't think that would go over very well on a message board about illness so I changed it. I'm going to change it again to something.

Meanwhile, while I think, carebelle, how wonderful that you've lived your life so mindfully so as to have done almost all you want to do. Please do have that picnic when you get home.

Stephanie, marry the man! lol

Cockatoomom, I enjoy your posts so much. I'm sorry I made your bad memories flare up.

We all would spend more time with our loved ones. We need to go do that.

Marta

Would you believe I can't change it? I don't have an edit/delete place below my name on the beginning post. I wondered why I wasn't notified when I got messages because I always click on that. OK, I'm leaving it long enough for the last three of you to read my replies, then I'll delete the entire post. I really can't think of another good way to put it so that it's as exacting as this and requires us to really prioritize so specifically.

Oh, wait. Duuuuuuhhhhh. LOL If I can't edit it I also can't delete it so we're stuck with this post until someone takes pity on us and removes it. I can edit this section particular entry but not the original. Sorry. Still, I'm glad for those of you who wrote back. Thanks.

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  10. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

These memories have been coming up for a while now.

I've just never delt with them.

At least HERE, I know I can write how I feel and no one will put me down for it!

I ALWAYS enjoy your posts too!

Take care sweetie!
    Love and hugs,
    C-mom
  11. achy

achy New Member

I have been thinking about just that. If I had the strength I would book a flight to the Grand Canyon, then take a crusie to Alaska. Naturally with my entire family.....

May I have no regrets....
    achy
  12. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

I would just be sure my entire circle of family and friends know how much I love them....I do that anyways...nobody knows when.

Darlene
  13. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

I love Nags Head, NC. So I would gather up my dear husband, my wonderful sons and my son's wife, my sister and her family, nieces and nephews and their kids and my little dog and we'd get a HUGE house right on the beach and enjoying talking, eating, laughing, cooking and watching the kids play in the water; we'd build sand castles, bask in the sunshine and eat when we wanted and do what we wanted. I'd take my husband and we'd go for long romantic walks on the beach at night. I'd just enjoy everyone who is special and dear to me and forget all the cares, pains and worries in the world.
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I wouldn't know who would have won the Tour De France!

Seriously, I don't think I would do much differently, except to pray more, enjoy my last week with extra desert every night, and spend more time talking to family and friends, letting them know how much I love them.

Kholmes

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  15. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I had a cancer scare about three years ago, it changed what matters to me. I have learned to live every day to the fullest..even the tough ones...and to not "swet the small stuff".

If I knew I only had one week I would spend it making more memories with my kids...

I am at peace and good with the Lord (I think)HAHA!

Jenni
    P.S.
    Everything is "SMALL STUFF".
  16. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and compose some letters for them to read after I am gone. And I would want to talk to them about their relationship with God .
  17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I love the things you would do if you knew time was limited!

I can't begin to tell you how estatic I am that I made that trip with my family. We all have wonderful forever memories now because of that little thought, that decision.

We, those of us here who live with so much.... pain, frustration, fatigue, discouragement, EFFORT ... must try to find the other side of that as best we can every day.

Now go DO those things! Have those conversations, eat that dessert (we'll make it a month, kholmes), jump in that lake, compose those letters and most of all, as Angela said, live today as if it was the only day you have because, if it's not you'll wish it was by the time you use all that energy and eat all that sugar. NO!!! I just can't help being bad sometimes.... lol

Because, if you don't, you'll never know the sheer joy of what your life can be.

I wish you Godspeed toward the things your heart wants you to do.

Marta