OT - If You Have Children

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jan 4, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I found great website familywatchdog.us/ that allows you to enter your home address and will show all registered sex offenders in your area. I hope I have not violated a rule by sharing this information - I will delete this if so.

I don't have kids but I was shocked when I ran my own address. There was a convicted rapist living less than 1/2 mile from my house.

I do believe these people should not be harassed but if you had kids and discovered an "offender" lived two doors down, it would certainly be good to know.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I agree...
  3. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I went and looked at it. I have 6 offenders within 6 miles of my home. I know I have seen a couple of them at wal mart.

I am glad I live in the country dead end road too. I know if someone is coming to my house.
    M
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

You are not violating any rules of the board to post this website. (You are not allowed to post any websites of any sites competing with Pro Health)

Thanks for passing on this very important info.
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

that these sites are allowed??
    we need something like this in the uk but our government have seen the public backlash. there will always be someone waiting to throw a brick through a window and because of these ppl the offenders get more protection that the kids.

its a shame these screaming women cant see that.
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

I am notified when one moves within a certain radius of my home...........I am notifed of both sex offenders (adult victims) and also children ones. I also can look them up.

I am signed on to a mailing list for my county and for my city, that is why I get the email updates. Even shows their picture, which is helpful.

Go to a search engine.....one that I love is Vivisimo.try any you wish, love Google also. Enter you county, state, and Sex Offenders.

Acutally: Columbus Ohio Sex Offenders No comma's, no "ands".....you are just looking for key words...
    Or Franklin County Ohio Sex Offenders
    Or leave out the word County

(I do not live in Cols., just an example.) I love to surf and I have found sites that they list prisoners and offenses, all kinds of things. It takes a little time to find what you want, but it is worth it.

Once I found the listings I emailed all my neighbors, one was taking a walk by my home every day. He has moved now, glad I do not have to see him anymore.
    I know of three that are not listed and I wonder why. Two of them got found guilty of molesting their step daughters!

I used to be a civilian police dept. worker, so I knew of many things that others would not.

I think we should know of all of them. It takes no real time for them to walk to our parks and schools, or drive!
    They are different from others as they are addicted to do this. We have to treat them differently! I wish it could be different, but they have to be monitored and to be known. It is different then other offenses.
  7. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

Anything to keep our children safe is very important to me. I have two children. A girl 3, and boy 10. I really appreciate you posting this info.
    Angela
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

You also need to be aware that most states don't have any law in place regarding visiting offenders from different states.

My step-brother molested his step-daughter and went to prison for 8 years (not nearly long enough!!). He must be registered in Oregon and get permission whenever he leaves the state. However, he is not required to report to authorities where he visits when he leaves the state.

He comes to Washington state to visit my step-father on a regular basis. He reports to Oregon, but no one in Washington monitors his where abouts when he is here.

I spoke with our congressman, Jim Clements, about this and he is looking into ways to correct it.

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Bumping - This really is important!
  10. Cakeart

Cakeart New Member

As the mom of a 12 yr old dd, I appreciate the info. We live in a small rural town that everyone thought was the perfect place to raise kids, until an 11 yr old was abducted from school last spring, later returned but molested, and two other attempted abductions of 10-13 yr old girls in our area since then! Not even small towns are safe for kids now!