OT: Ignorance is UGLY...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

We have a house all the way at the end of our street. In the past on halloween I avoid the kids going to it, because the people are creepy. They are usually sitting outside drinking beer are the kids are going by.

This year they had their light off (which ofcourse means do not come up for treats). My husband noticed a few pumpkins they had decorated with scary faces and I kid you not - one of the pumpkins was carved with KKK. My heart dropped and I was soooo upset. These ignorant SOB"s actually took the time to carve this pumpkin and put a candle in it!!

I am so blown away and beside myself. How in the world can anyone be this hateful. I wish I could do something about it - THIS IS AWFUL. The hatred. Stupid, Ignorant PEOPLE.

Venting..... I just can't believe it!
    Sad Hugs :-(
    Kim
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

KKK carved on a lighted jack-o-lantern would certainly scare the bejesus out of me! That's disgusting!
    Mini
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I know... I am so sick about it and cannot get it off of my mind.
    :-(
  4. jjoys

jjoys New Member

So sorry you have to live by these jerks. Actually, I think they are to be pittied. People who are filled with hate are very miserable inside. How could they be otherwise? I think that's why Jesus teaches us to love our enemies (Matthew 6: something, I think), because He knows they're miserable. They can't know His peace, joy, and love, because their hearts are filled with hate. He wants to free them from their hate/ignorance prison. But He needs His people to be His hands and feet, and mouth, and speak/show love to the unlovely. Otherwise they won't see/experience it.

Difficult, actually impossible to do without the power of Gods love in our own hearts. I'm praying for God to give you His thoughts on these people, and thus His peace. The apostle Paul says in Phillipians 4 to let God know our concerns. He said, "Before you know it a sense of God's wholeness . . . will come and settle you down". I pray this for you.

Love and Hugs,
    Janita
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you for your prayers and inspiration. They are to be PITIED.... but I am feeling more anger than anything. I wish there was something I could do.

Thank you...
    HUgs
    Kim
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

yes - you are probably right.. they were probably peering out of the window to see everyones reaction. I'm glad alot of the kids decided to go to the busier neighborhood... I hope many others did not see what we did. Sickening.
    Hugs
    kim
  7. elliespad

elliespad Member

I think prejudice is a learned belief. I think it feeds and thrives on a group mentality. I'll bet there are others who share their belief nearby. We can only pray that God would open their hearts and minds.
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

That is what i am also worried about... the "others"!!!
    Something needs to be done..
    :-(
  9. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

These are the people who make me wish that I didn't believe

so strongly in the first amendment. Trouble is if we curtail

one persons speech then we're opening up the possibility

that someone else might lobby to curtail ours. There's

really don't you can do, Kim. I'm very sorry that you have

to live near them but the only real course of action is just

to avoid them like the plague. And keep your children away

too (if you have any don't wanna assume). That type of hate

is contagious and impressionable children are susceptible to

picking up at least the vocab. It's why, unfortunately, I

keep my own daughter away from a few long time family

friends. They have some unfortunate view points (not quite

as strong as KKK)that I don't want my child being exposed
    to.
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

That would scare the heck out of me, esp. for my kids. I hope they live far enough away that you do not have to see them on a daily basis.

I had a similar situation with my old neighborhood. A woman who lived there did not like people unless they were of her race. She sped down the street everyday, even aiming her car at our children, threatened to kill my neighbor, shoved a pregnant woman and another neighbor, hit a cop (she got probation) shouted racial slurs to everyone, and threatened to beat the #$%* out of me. She also threatened my husband and son. We finally got a restraining order. But, in the end it was worth it to me to move because she only lived 5 houses away and our houses are all pretty close together. Plus, the police would never arrest her because she always did these things to one person when no one else was around, so it was her word against theirs. The only reason we got a restraining order is because someone saw her shove me while threatening me. Luckily, we were growing out of that house anyways.

I was afraid for my kids. I hope your situation never gets so bad that you feel like you want to move. Hopefully, they will move soon. My heart goes out to you!
    Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  11. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

Maybe reporting their antics to the police would at least make the police aware of them, & that they're a bit wierd even if the police couldn't do anything about it this time. Too bad no one smashed that pumpkin huh? don't fret too much, you cannot change them, just ignore them. susi-di
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

Sounds like you have some lovely neighbors. We had some nice ones too till they finally went to jail. They were so awful, and it is scary to have neighbors like this. Makes you really wonder what they are thinking.

Kriket
  13. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I agree, perhaps the police should be notified? here in Canada there are some pretty strong anti-hate laws, so I hope people wouldn't get away with such a thing here.

Sadly the morons and bigots are everywhere, I lived in a place for 10 years where I was hated for being different (not of the same religion and husband is of a different ethnic background than me). Some neighbours were very overt and others were more subtle but we had the garbage in the letter box and the vandalism etc etc.

And a local racist org used to distribute leaflets to local schoolkids and teach them awful racist rhymes. I caught a neighbour kid yelling one of these at a Black guy one day and reamed him out. Don't think it did much good.

A member of that group took up with a neighbour woman who ran the local flop house. Everyone was up in arms about that. She tried to tell us they were going to do this vigilante thing to protect women from muggers, except they portrayed the muggers as Black and the women as White. I asked whether they would come to my defence if a White guy mugged me and she said yes they would. I Didn;t believe a word of it!!

One of the happiest days of my life was when I got out of that place for good. I wanted to shake the dust off my feet, Biblical style, but a friend was driving us to the airport and I couldn;t really ask him to stop as he was heading onto the highway LOL.

Steer well clear of the creepy house and people, and I hope they disappear or move on or get jailed or something soon, and I hope that you will get the opportunity to live somewhere better soon too!
  14. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Thats horrible!

Good thing you dont let your kids there...I hope no one else does.

Shame on them for sure! Everone on your block should paint African Amercan, Indian and Oriental and other nationality pumpkins in retaliation.....even leave them on the side walk right outside their property line in front of their house to force them to get the hint and get a freakin' grip! I know I would for sure just to send a hint back to them! I HATE and DESPISE people like that.
    That makes me so angry!
    Sorry to hear that the children were exposed to such nonsense!

15. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

and that your kids saw that on Halloween : (

When things like that happen around my kids, I try to use it as a teaching tool...Can explain more to the older one...

I also use it as a way for the older one to understand that this is not OUR family's values...We have also talked about praying for them.

Speaking of the KKK...when I just moved out to CA, I found a girl to babysit for us...to make a long story short, we were talking about how it is more progressive where I came from (where I live now, again) She piped up about how her UNCLE in MO was the GRAND DRAGON of the KKK!!!! (This came up in a discussion of how her family was so against mexicans...and I was talking about how intergrated it was back here in the city.) YIKES!!!!!

Suffice it to say, we decided to find another babysitter...

Suz
  16. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi friends - thank you for all of your replies and thank you for sharing your stories too.
    When I saw the pumpkins I turned my kids around and did not let them see it. My 7 year old would have asked a million questions and not understand (as we all don't).

He will have to face this, unfortunately, one of these days - but NOT NOW.

Thank you all again - sorry so long in getting back here. I am out of town.
    Take Care
    Hugs
    KIm