OT: ilovecats94: New pics of the babies for you & all to see

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyndra, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Hi Faye!

I'm FINALLY getting back to your post from back on the 13th asking about Qwanto. I actually took this picture all of 5 minutes after reading your post - but my attention span has been on backorder this past while and I kept forgetting I was supposed to do something with the pic.

So, here it is. An updated picture of Qwanto & Taijo.

As you can see, she's softening up to Taijo now and she actually cuddles up to him and preens him. She's JUST now getting to the point where she trusts him to preen her! She's still very cautious about it though, and because of this he still gets some uncalled for abuse from her - but he keeps going back for more! And more, and more, etc...

Taijo at the end of December just had his first birthday, but he is still stuck in the explorative baby bird mode. He's getting into place ALL OVER the house. He's actually gained quite a fascination for climbing into places. The last place we found him was inside the seam to the valence we have on our kitchen window! He's a pure trouble maker.

Qwanto as you can see has a *little* bit of feathers right now. She's still on the Amitriptyline and is doing great on it - she even likes the taste of the Tutti Frutti now. Unfortunately, she just finished a major molt and lost 80% of the feathers she just grew. She just can't grow feathers fast enough to keep up with her molts!

Everyone at the moment is happy and healthy. Taijo is getting the love he wanted from her, she has absolutely NO bald spots what so ever.

And Spike (my cockatiel) now that he sees the two little green ones playing and getting along, he is starting to lose his fear of them and is starting to join in on the playing at times.

I hope all is well for you and hope to see you around on here.

As always, Take care!

~Amanda
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

although late night probably isn't the best time.. oh well!
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Aw, look at both of them... :) So sweet you just want to give them a big kiss!

Well Qwanto looks so much better now. I can see that she has molted, but then she looks so much happier.

I have a friend who has a depressed dog and I told her you had Qwanto on Elavil and that she should ask her vet about that med.

I haven't been around here much. I'm sorry about that. I'm reading, just not posting enough. By the time I get on here it is almost time to go to bed.

I need much less sleep now that I'm on the CoQ10. It has really been a miracle for me. I used to sleep 12 to 14 hours a day, sometimes more, now I can make it on 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.

I'm happy you were able to find the turtles good homes. I know that was a big relief. :)

Good to hear from you. I hope you are feeling great!

Love,
    Faye
    Thanks for the photos :) I'm lucky I caught your post tonight.