OT...I'm gonna be sick...taxes...edit: do you know?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DLsGroovyMoM, Jan 31, 2006.

1. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I won't go into all the details as it means showing how increadiably stupid I have been over the last year...I wanna blame it on the fog, but at this point even that seems like a lame excuse.

I just finished our taxes and for a very broke family we OWE...$300...puke I am gonna throw up right now. How could I have let this happen. How stupid can I be?
    ok pukin and IBS hitting me right now...................................

edit...
    My mom says I can count my medical bills as a dedution (insuracne premiums, copays, meds, eye glasses etc.) I used turbo tax and it didn't ask me anything like that but then I didn't itamize...anyone know?[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2006]
  2. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

3. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I will look into the irs site...didn't think of that.

I had no idea about hubby's boots and stuff...had to buy 3 pair steel toe this year so I will def look into it...thanks so much.

Was also told to try filing seperate and let hubby (which is where the problem is...didn't have enough fed taken out) claim our dependents and see if that makes a dif....

well see...

Thanks
    Amy
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

If you don't itemize, you can not count your medical bills, etc.

Are you sure you completed the correct form? Can you itemize?

Did you make sure you took your child care deduction?

Does your spouse work for himself... like in logging or anything? If so, he can count his work boots, mileage, etc. But you are completing an additional form.

Does your spouse do any farming that you have to file a separate farm tax? You are a private duty nurse? Do you work for a company, or do you do it on your own--which mean you would be self-employed.

If you work for yourself or farm, etc. you have to pay self-employment tax unless you make a profit of a certain number of dollars.

I have never used Turbo Tax, I've always done ours by hand.

Janet

5. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Im glad you brought this up. Ive always filed the 1040A and this yr they sent us the ez form. For the first time, Im going to go to someone to try to get some help. I dont know the first thing about itemizing. Maybe someone out there will know. I called the irs line and she said she couldnt help when I ask how do we file when Im on disability. Good luck .If you find something post it please