OT/I'm in 'Us' Magazine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondieangel, Sep 27, 2002.

1. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

In spite of it all I still model and act part-time. Usually, should say always, pay with exhaustion/pain but it's my passion. This weeks issue of 'Us' magazine w/ Reese Witherspoon on the cover I'm on page 76 for a brand new product called Biniki. The ad runs indefinately.

I'm the official 'Biniki Girl', a new product invented by a woman psychologist. Karin took off work the last 4 years to produce her invention and holds worldwide patents. I think she will become a millionaire!

She was looking for models who had recently lost weight through pregnancy or otherwise. Of course I'm otherwise!

She chose me because although I'm thin, I'm unable to exercise. I lost 30 lbs from the nausea due to my pain level. I still have back/neck injury from being rearended on the freeway and never exercise.

I want to ad, her product is great! It enhances your rear-end (sounds funny - she refers to it as the butt bra!)It really works and looks great under clothes - this is no girdle.

Most of us are too sick to care what we look like, and I hardly wear underclothes because they cause more pain - but a little help when dressing up on a special occasion never hurts!

2. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

In spite of it all I still model and act part-time. Usually, should say always, pay with exhaustion/pain but it's my passion. This weeks issue of 'Us' magazine w/ Reese Witherspoon on the cover I'm on page 76 for a brand new product called Biniki. The ad runs indefinately.

I'm the official 'Biniki Girl', a new product invented by a woman psychologist. Karin took off work the last 4 years to produce her invention and holds worldwide patents. I think she will become a millionaire!

She was looking for models who had recently lost weight through pregnancy or otherwise. Of course I'm otherwise!

She chose me because although I'm thin, I'm unable to exercise. I lost 30 lbs from the nausea due to my pain level. I still have back/neck injury from being rearended on the freeway and never exercise.

I want to ad, her product is great! It enhances your rear-end (sounds funny - she refers to it as the butt bra!)It really works and looks great under clothes - this is no girdle.

Most of us are too sick to care what we look like, and I hardly wear underclothes because they cause more pain - but a little help when dressing up on a special occasion never hurts!

3. G

G New Member

I'm so happy that you are able to do what you love even though you pay for it later. Congrads and keep doing what you can and rest when you can't. I know it's hard for you and will be thinking of you, wishing and praying you the best.

G
  4. dojomo

dojomo New Member

When you become rich and famous...will you be our spokesperson? ....Congratulations....DJ
  5. achy

achy New Member

Oh To be young and thin again. I used to model when I was in H.S. Hated it...couldn't stand all the touching and tugging. It's hard work healthy, can't imagine it with this DD!!
    I am so happy for ya and will look for the ad.
    BUT, I can't stand to wear a bra, causes chest pain...certainly won't wear one on my butt!! ROFL
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

on working, can't wait to pick up a copy. have you found anything that helps with your nausea/pain so you can eat more.

you don't want to loose too much weight (sounding like your mom now) i lost 10 in the last month or so from the same thing and it is frustrating because all your clothes don't fit.

warm regards, fibolady
  7. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

In Response,

My main goal of returning to modeling/acting while I'm disabled was to be able to be a spokesperson for all of us w/ FM/CF/CMP

I've already contacted Lynn at www.FMaware.org in case they'd like to use me in the new magazine -

I am so sick/injured it's really hard to motivate myself, and I don't want to be turned down for jobs, so I have to be very careful about who I talk to and associate myself with.

I have felt compelled since childhood to enter 'the business' and my parents wouldn't let me, never backed me or supported me. Maybe my purpose is life is now - and if this is so, I hope that my spiritual guide and my angels will steer me down the right path so I CAN make a difference at this time in my life. Take what is essentially, a negative in my life, and turn it into a positive! The weight loss is ideal for modeling, and I'm so much more confident now at the age of 40 then when I modeled at 12 and in my early twenties for several years.

Like I always say, I'm 40 years old, look about 28-35, and feel about 80!

So, I am hoping (and praying!) I meet just the right person in my modeling/acting quest, and can support myself w/o SSD one day AND put a face on FM/CMP/CFIDS!
  8. contessa

contessa New Member

Wonderful way to keep going. I'll look for the ad. I've decided that after not riding horses for 27 years I wanted to start again. Since last year I've gotten sicker but I have kept up with the riding. If I have to teach my horse to kneel so I can get in the saddle I'll do it. Only change is I can't write English style. Have to stick strickly with a western saddle. But hey, the horse does most of the work and I get to see the countryside. I like knowing there is something in our lives we'll do in spite of pain. You go girl!!
  9. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Not quite sure what to make of the 'you sound like a trip' comment - is this a good thing? Can't wait till you see the ad - no retouching, except they put those BIG silly red painted panties over the beige ones I was wearing!Also, I was in a black bra. It's all me. I did my own make-up, the way I wear it (or should say USED to wear it - now I'm too exhausted to care). Let me know here when you see the ad, and what you think, OK???!!!

Contessa - Please be very careful with this horseback riding thing! I don't know your backround or how your FM came about, but a common trigger is back/neck injury and trauma. It's very possible you could injure or exacerbate problems with spinal compression. Horseback riding (which I LOVE! but would never do)is very jarring to the back. Please use caution - I don't want you, (or any of us) to make our symptoms worse!Let me know what you think!
  10. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Just re-read your post. Did I read correctly that you started riding again ONE YEAR AGO and IN THE PAST YEAR have gotten sicker????? uh-oh, might be cause and effect here! How did you get FM? Now I'm worried about you.
  11. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Thanks for the compliment! Sad huh, I usually spend all my time home alone. Thank goodness for this message board!

When ever I say 'what a trip'it usually means weird, unusual, or out of the norm -

I am definately unusual and out of the norm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)
  12. blast

blast New Member

Am a bit confused though. You said about the make-up thing you wore it when you cared, or something of the sort, so when did you actually do the ad for the magazine? Was it awhile ago, or is it just recently that you have gotten worse?
    I may have missed something as I am a bit of an airhead from the fibrofog.
    By the way my name is Sherri and I am so happy to meet someone who can actually work and a great type of work at that. Am excited to see what a 40 yr old looks like that really looks like a 25 yr old. I am 40 also, and a lot of my daughter's friends parents think I am in my early 20's.
    I have a great facial complection, but have put one weight from not exercising since my fibro got real bad. Four years ago I lost over 70 lbs., and then was real happy where I was at, then found out I was pregnant. Talk about feeling bad after all that hard work. But I have to say, my baby, now three, is the pride and joy of my life and my 11 yr old is what keeps me going. If it weren't for the two of them, I would find a way to Dr. Jack!! (LOL)
    I am trying to walk a bit and hope to lead to a bit more cardio. Was doing water exercise, but got real burned out on it.
    Sorry to be babbling, haven't been on the boards in awhile due to a hysterectomy surgery and my hubby being so ill.
    Great to meet you blondieangel!!
  13. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Regarding the make-up thing - what I meant was I PUT make-up on that day before the shoot, as I used to every day, before a neck/back injury/FM/CMP left me disabled after being rear-ended, and unable to hold down a regular job.

The photos were taken Aug. 13, 2002. My neck is still so stiff from posing, I can't turn my head to look behind me. I also had to wear high heels which flared up my back injury. My pain level/exhaustion always increases, sometimes to the point of being bedridden for a week, when I work on a movie or model, which is why I only do it a few times a year. It's nice to get out, and "work with the living" for a day in the profession I LOVE. It's a nice distraction, a fantasy. And I meet really fun, creative people.

Nice to meet you, and glad you're feeling better. I hope your husband feels better soon too!xo
  14. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Dear Blondieangel, I was so touched to hear your story. I have yet to get the magazine, but I surley will. What an inspiration you are to all of us with a cronic illness. And at 40. I have suffered with numerous physical disabilities since a car accident in 1974, now fibromyalgia. My hat goes off to you. Everyday I push myself to exertion just to live a normal life, and I think I have. The best of luck to you, and hopfully many more jobs. Kick butt for all of us too tired too! Queenbee69
  15. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

What nice comments!!! Thank you so much!

I have to go to bed now, so will say hello and bye for now!

Pick up the mag by tomorrow/Thursday - the Biniki inventor tells me the mag has a problem w/ the ad and it may be changed! :(

However, I am on the cover of the brochure and there are 3 more photos of me inside. It's the brochure that comes with your lovely 'Biniki' gift box w/ the product when you order one. I haven't seen it yet, though. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have some brochures - can't wait to see how I look!

Thanks again!