OT I'm Watching Poisidon Adventure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Jun 12, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

on SciFi. Holy cow, my heart is beating!! Is cheesy, but tell that to my heart. I have this love/hate relationship with DISASTER MOVIES. Probably why I don't fly, don't float, and can barely do bridges, too damn many disaster movies.

What are some of your favorites/most suspenseful?

1. Abyss- thought I might literally have heart attack firt time I saw it.

2. Movies in the mountains with Sylvester Stallone. Another heart attack waiting to happen.

3. Towering Inferno - years ago, scared the hell out of me.

4. All the Jaws movies - it's a wonder I can go in the ocean,

5. Earthquake - action, but not that bad

Must be more but can't think of them right now.
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

DANTE'S PEAK comes to mind (pretty terrible, but I liked it anyway).

I enjoyed 10.5, on TV recently, even though that was dreadful, too.

There's a new version of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE out. I wonder how it is.

Kholmes
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

It is 4 hours long from 7 PM to 11 PM, so I just recorded it on our cable DVR.
    We'll watch it one day on the weekend if I can manage to stay awake long enough. lol

We watched a movie on Encore tonight "Virus" and I had never seen it, so what did I do? Fell asleep during most of the movie. Hubby said he had seen it about 4 times before. Well I haven't. Why? I guess I was sleeping.

I like the disaster movies too and the horror movies. Since we got our cable HD digital box with DVR, we have mostly watched the Sci Fi or one of the Encore channels mostly every night. lol

I was doing pretty good until last night when I started that sleeping again. lol

Hugs,
    Faye

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

The one I was trying to think of with Sylvester Stallone was Cliffhanger, holy cow, talk about Adrenalin!
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

"The silence of the Lamb" with jodie foster??

Made me creep our really bad!! I will not even watch horror movies, just can't handle it. I despise the end of those movies, where the creepy thing is killed over and over again and never dies.

The silence of the lambs had a real believeable mystery plot, and i like jodie foster.

But some how i ended up watching it at night when i was home alone! Duh!!
  6. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

"The Hitcher"....'nuff said... :)

- julie (is free!)
  7. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Love this OT
    Love them disaster movies, love suspense, sci fi, and of course the infamous Stephen King stuff. Just off the top of my head..
    Polterguiest
    The New King Kong
    The New Posiedon Adventure
    The Day After Tomorrow
    Cape Fear
    Blair Witch scared the **** out of me the first time
    Silence of the Lambs
    And do you remember how you felt the first time you saw Jurrassic Park?? My BP must have gone sky high! CRAP!! LOL I'm sitting here in the dark thinking about this stuff and my cat just rubbed up against my legs. Didn't want to wear these jammies to bed anyway!
    Sandy