OT Is Anyone A "Picky Eater" As Bad As Me???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jun 12, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I just wondered if anyone is as "picky" about their food as I am? I was fixing a bowl of cereal just now, for lunch, and was cutting up a banana in it. I ALWAYS pull ALL of those little strings that run down the banana off! I can't stand them, yulk!!! I even get the little tiny ones off.

Another thing: I don't cook very much but when I buy "boneless, skinless" chicken breasts, excuse me but they are NOT skinless!!! I will cut every piece of "white stuff" off of the pieces and also EVERY breast piece has a little white grissle in it. Yulk!!! I will cut the 1 piece of breast into JUST to get that out.

Oh, there are many more and no, I am NOT skinny, lol! I was just curious because I watch some of the cooking shows and hey, they don't even wash the chicken, duh??? (Maybe the people in the back wash it, lol!

OK, just wanted to have a little fun,

BlueSky555
  2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I'm definately a picky eater. I drive anyone who has to cook something for me CRAZY!

A few examples.. i don't like any type of skin or fat on chicken either. Must be cut off, and it even grosses me out just to have to do that. I don't like any foods with cheese, no noodles except regular spagettti ones, no deli meats since they often are kind of slimy, bacon has to be cooked completely, almost to the point of burning it because if i see any fat on it.. i can't eat it.. yeah i'll stop there because i probably sound really crazy! haha really i'm just particular about what i like and don't like.
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I can't stand fat on anything I eat!!! My husband will stick this huge piece of fat off a grilled steak in his mouth and I gag every time. He says that is where all the flavor is, but that just grosses me completely out!!!

I like my bacon cooked all the way through, or I'll pinch off the ends that didn't get done.

I pick the stuff out of and off of the chicken too.

I can pick a banana perfectly clean.

I can't handle the texture of cottage cheese. I can't put it in my mouth, it's just not right. Food should not be lumpy like that.

AND If I had even seen the chicken feet in the soup, they would not have had to worry about feeding me ever again, I think I would have died right there.
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

OH MY GOSH!!!! fibropanda, chicken feet??? Gee, I don't think I should ask where they might be from; ok, just kidding; my cousin eats pigs feet; YULK!!! I would have cracked up about the chicken feet; good one!!!

Also, butterfly, you don't eat cheese? I do, as long as I don't see any fat OR green stuff, lol! I'm like you on the deli meats; too many white strips of fat! Gee, no noodles either? I think you have me beat, lol!

Gee, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one; wow, chicken feet and chicken fat, NO WAY!!!

One more thing; I NEVER made my son eat anything he didn't like. I know I wouldn't want to.

mrsjethro, I think we were posting at the same time. I don't blame you about the cottage cheese; I don't eat that either nor the ricotta. Just plain cheddar. LOL about the chicken feet!!!

Thank you for responding,
    BlueSky555
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  5. mimilove

mimilove New Member

Blue.....

At least you can look at a piece of chicken and take it apart!!

Been like that my entire life!! I have phases, when I was little I remember a phase where I would eat nothing but boiled rice. Then I would let my Mom put any oil in any food, I would stand there and control the cooking at 6 yrs old.

Up to today, I am still gagging. My husband has had it with the gagging, regurgitation. It's bad. I wouldn't call myself a "picky eater" though, because there are lots of foods that I really love. I just all of a sudden get those uncontrollable gag attacks like I am eating the most vile thing on earth. Beyond me what it is. Every couple weeks, I notice I like something, then all of a sudden can't bare to look at it, run straight to the bathroom.

Pretty ridiculous I know.

I am just so thankful and grateful that I have nothing to do with cooking at this point, koz nobody would be eating anything.

Have a great day.

Mimi
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Good one, mimi, however, I feel for you because I know that's not fun. I'm glad that you have your husband to help you.

I'm not sure why you have that problems but again, bless your heart. You must have a wonderful husband.

Thank you for responding,

BlueSky555

[ advertisement ]