OT Is anyone making New Years resolutions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

It is so hard to make these from year to year and at the end of the year be diappointed that you never accomplished them. It seems like my illness controls me rather than me control it. It makes it so hard to make plans from day to day rather than year to year.
    My New Years resolution this year is simple though. Mine is to take each day in to the fullest to love my family and tell them I love them before the end of each day. I know I will not be disappointed at the end of this next year.
    What is your New Years resolution? Or are you making one?
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

And I mean it... I've been saying it for a few months now and haven't done it. I have seen too many bad things happen because of it and I don't want them to happen too me.. It may be a little late but at maybe it will help!

Happy Holidays!
  3. Christinawensell

hi, That is a very good one. It is never too late to do it. I applaud you for making the effort. I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you succeed in this resolution.

CHEERS TO YOU!!!!

blessings,
    Christina
  4. Gly

Gly New Member

I think New Year's resolutions are like starting a diet on Monday. Anything worth doing is worth doing now. Why wait?

Quitting smoking may be a different matter from what I've seen on TV. 'They' do recommend setting a target date for that. Whoever 'they' are ;-)

Christina, that's an excellent resolution, but may be quite hard. Why put pressure on yourself to take each day in to the fullest? You let your family know that you love them in so many ways. If you forget to say the actual words, please forgive yourself immediately and go on. Be gentle with yourself.
  5. Christinawensell

Thank you for your response.
    Thank you also for your comment. I thought this was more a realistic resolution though then my last ones. In 2004 I made a resolution to join a gym and start looking at exercising more. We'll we had some people come from a gym to our work I paid 250.00 each one package for me and one for my daughter. This was the beginning of November. I was so proud of myself and intended on going the following week. We'll I did not go that weekend and said okay the next. Low and behold my family and myself were in a car accident. We were hit from behind and it totalled my car. First of all I could not afford a deposit on another car and secondly I was put in the hospital for 4 days. I was hurt pretty bad. I called the gym to say I would not be able to use the membership right away and asked if they would still let me use the months I paid for later on once I felt better. They said no, and they also kept charging my account months after I cancelled the memberships. This led me to say heck with the gym.
    I can't really remember what my New Years resolution was for this year, I probably did not make one since I was focused on trying to recover from the car accident and all the other things I have going on, not to say the least this FM.
    I hope this one will be easier. :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Make it a great year.

Blessings,
    Christina
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Never made one either.

I just struggle along, one day at a time, doing the best I can.
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Christina,
    No. I'm not making any reslutions. That is stress I don't need. LOL!

Happy New Year,
    Terry
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm only making one this year.

To look more for the "big picture" of things rather than getting caught up in all the picky little details.

Too often we can get wrapped up in stuff that really doesn't matter, while life passes us by. I know I'm guilty of that. Yeah, details are important too, but we have to look at how they fit into the whole scheme of things.

That's my two cents' worth, anyway.

Happy New Year to all,
    Michelle
  9. Gly

Gly New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident (((Christina))). Did that trigger your FMS? That was so unreasonable of the gym not to allow you to defer your membership until after you healed from the accident. What is wrong with some people?!

Blessings to you, too, and I hope this Christmas will be much better for you and your family!
  10. darude

darude New Member

BAck to raw foods supplements water and QUIT smoking gain!! Also get aggresive about health more tests and new docs.
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I love making new year's resolutions. Even though I may not keep them it gives me something to work toward.

1) stop smoking (again)
    2) go mall-walking 1xweek
    3) stick with Weight Watcher's flex points system
    4) limit TV watching
    5) stop pushing myself to hurry
    6) love myself and tell myself kind & loving things
    7) be gentle with myself
    8) smile more
    9) practice gratitude

Merry Christmas to all!

Love,
    Anne Theresa
  12. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

My resolution this year is to just make it through the year 2006. Pure and simple... just to get through it.

Tigger
  13. lolee

lolee New Member

As I was typing I just that word for what it really is: re-solution. Try another solution . .

ANYWAY, what I do is pick something that I would like to change or add to my life and just work at the one thing until it becomes a habit. Several years ago I decided I wanted have the HABIT of praying over my food. Well now, I feel so akward if I don't, I'll freeze not chewing what's in mouth until I pray. I pray at home, when I'm with other people, when I'm alone and always in a resturant. Nothing fancy just a silent prayer thanking God for my food, to make it nourishing for my body and for Him to bless all those who have made it possible for me to have this meal.

The last two years have been the same: write quick simple thank you notes and thinking of you notes. The stationary all goes on sale half-price or better after Christmas, I have a nice big box with all different kinds so it is now a habit. And it makes me feel good.

This year I want to work on becoming more aware of goes IN to my mouth and what comes OUT of my mouth!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lolee
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will have to go along with Tigger57! Just make it through the year!!

MamaR
  15. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Lolee... where do you usually find the stationery that is on sale... at a Hallmark store, Walmart, Target? I know that might sound like a silly question, but There are many times when I'm waiting for a doctor or something that I could drop someone a quick "snail mail" note and hopefully brighten their day a little. I really like that idea.

MammaR... I don't know about you, but just making it through 2006 seems to be the toughest resolution lately that I've ever made.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  16. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Actually I quit in October 2003, so I'll actually keep this resolution!!!!

Happy New Year all
  17. lolee

lolee New Member

I usually find the best deals at the grocery stores and rite-aid and save-on and longs . . . . .

never find too many good after christmas deals at target or walmart so I don't bother with them anymore. they have huge warehouses to store the stuff until next year but the smaller drug stores don't . . . .
  18. Dernista

Dernista New Member

You are so right about feeling disappointed when the resolutions that you swear will happen-don't! It's even worse when it seems like noone understands this illness, and they all pretend like it isn't there! I guess we all need to take it one day at a time, and know that we're not alone(if nothing else, we have each other) Your family sounds blessed to have you, and I hope that the New year will be a fresh start--god bless ya....