OT Is there a body firming or stretch mark crm that works?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Sep 9, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

After reading annxyz's thread about wrinkle creams that have helped people on here, I was wondering if any of you have found a body firming cream or a stretch mark cream that actually works.

I am 58 and have noticed lately that my skin is starting to hang! I remember my mom's skin on her arms and legs looking like this. Is there anything out there that can actually firm up the skin?

Secondly, my son has lost a LOT of weight in the past year. I am so proud of him. But he lost too much weight too quickly and has ended up with unsightly stretch marks all over his abdomen. Does anyone know what might help get rid of them?

Thank you for any ideas.
    Pepper
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I think stretch marks can only be removed with surgery
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

Thanks, carebelle. I was afraid of that. So all those creams that claim to remove stretch marks are useless? Sadness.

Pepper
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

A pure aloe vera gel, not the kind in drugstores, they are full of fragrance and barely have any real aloe, but the type you buy in a health store. I use mine for so many things.

Oh yeah, you are in Ottawa, so you can easily get Lily of the Valley, very good aloe products, and their cosmetic bottles/tubes of gel have added vits. A, C, E, which boost healing. It will somewhat restore the skin and stretch marks will fade more and the skin will bounce back a fair bit, esp. young skin.

Jeanne
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I will tell my son about both the Vitamin E and aloe. I will check out the Lily of the Valley - I think that I saw it in Rainbow (?). If it also contains Vit E, that would be a double benefit. His 22 yr old skin might bounce back so he could go swimming without a shirt again.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Pepper
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

is supposed to be VERY effective for wrinkles AND stretch marks . It can be purchased ( other readers have mentioned this ) at Costco and on Ebay at a discount price .
    It is an expensive cream usually .
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I had never heard of strivectin before reading your thread on the anti-wrinkle creams. I plan on checking it out at Costco. But I had no idea that it was supposed to help with stretch marks. I am definitely checking into this.

I wonder if Nuvectin is the same thing. I saw ads for that this weekend at different drug stores. Do you know?

Thanks.

Pepper
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is supposed to be the best last i knew..and i have heard there was laser surgery that can be done for it...

an okland raderette cheerleader was televised and she was talking about how she go hers all lasered off...

jodie
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

My son did some research and he discovered that laser treatment is available for stretch marks. For stretch marks as bad as his, he figures it would cost $10,000!!! Can people actually afford that kind of thing?

Thanks for the suggestion. After he has tried all the creams and the soft laser that I bought from the Shopping Channel, I think he will end up having to find the money for laser therapy for what is left. I think it is worthwhile trying the cheaper options first.

Pepper