OT: Is there a stomach virus going around lately?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

It seems like a lot of people I know are sick with something this summer, colds and such. Does anyone know if there is a stomach flu going around? I've had a stomach ache for about four days now, and I was wondering if it could be some viral thing - and not something worse... I've decided not to worry in the least! :)

Any suggestions on how to feel better? Anyone else have these symptoms?
    ((hugs)) Shannon

P.S. Does anyone know if stomach aches and burping everything could be a side effect of Imovane? I just started using it regularly for sleep last week.
    Ty, xx[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2006]
  2. I was so sick and spent alot of time in the bathroom, stomach and umm the other too. Worse I ever felt. Knock wood, I hope its gone. hope you feel better. I took drank lots of gingerale, even went and bought some coke syrup which I haven't used in years and took a bit in the morning and it helped alot. good luck!
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Hubby has been in the Dakota's and now in Minn. and he called me and has a upset stomach. Feels yukky.

My Brother and his wife and others are having this problem.

People that I have not been around lately, so not passing it on.

I have had upset stomach and running to the bathroom off and on for a couple of weeks. Starts to get better and hits again.

Sounds silly with you in Canada and ones I have heard from all over the country. But a big yes.
  4. Shannonsparkles

I wonder if this is a bad summer for bugs wherever you are. So many people I know are "under the weather" lately, even though the weather is lovely. I guess with all the international travel, etc. a virus has free run of the globe.

Butterfly, so glad you are over it.
    (( )) Shannon
  5. darude

darude New Member

I got sick on my birthday (in May) and have been getting sicker daily. Loads of tests and a trip to ER and they don't know what is wrong (big surprise huh). Anyway I have abdominal pains throughout, nausea, occasional vomiting and can barely eat anything. So YES there is SOMETHING going around especially here in Alberta.
  6. PTRC

PTRC New Member

I started last week with the worst headache I think I ever had. I started vomiting with it and this last all day, Then I got the other end for a few days. The only good thing was I could not eat and lost a few pounds. Of course they are back now. Since my virsus I have had very bad pain in my right leg that keeps me awake all night. It is better when I am on it. My triger points are all messed up from this 48hr flu. To answer your question yes here in Ohio we have it.
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Just had a terrible bout with the stomach virus. Had to go to the emergency room I was throwing up so bad. Had to have two bags of fluid.

My brother had it also.
  8. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

What a co-inky-dink! I have been feeling lousy the last few days, more than usual. Aching, tired, stomach not quite right. I was attributing it to the methotrexate I take every Monday night. I usually don't feel good on Tues, Wed, but by Thurs I am feeling better. Not this time!! I still don't feel well today.

So, my hubby and I were talking about it last night and we started putting 2 and 2 together. He has had stomach probs which require frequent visits to the bathroom (being polite here) for about 3 days. When I woke up on Wed morning I had chills even though I was covered up and I actually went and laid down for a nap yesterday and felt lousy. My stomach hasn't been right either. We were wondering if there was a bug out there . . . It seems to start going around when the kids go back to school, but this time it is a bit early I guess.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Hugs,
    PolarBear
  9. Shannonsparkles

Did anyone have symptoms like this: stomach aching and burping constantly? I haven't been throwing up, but I don't usually throw up whatever I have.

Ugh, I guess this is day 5 for me. Do I have to wait it out, or are there any suppliments etc. that can help? Does this sound like a virus, or could it be something else?
    Ty, all (( )) Shannon
  10. darude

darude New Member

Yes some of my friends (TABS) have been coming down with it also. Mine starting with constant burping and gas and I feel nauseous all the time. ER was full of people with it and my wait was over 12 hours.
  11. Shannonsparkles

Yikes! Are you better now? What do they do for it?
    ((xx)) Shannon

P.S. Was there anything you could eat without feeling nauseus? I'm thinking of treating myself to a small peanutbutter and honey sandwich (occasionally I eat bread) but now I'm thinking twice![This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  12. darude

darude New Member

They gave me Morphine which made me vomit for hours and did not take the pain away. Then they did XRAYS and said the intestines were full of stool. I DON"t have constipation so thinking there is a blockage. Released me with Percocet. Went to my doc and got two meds but no relief yet. Going for ultrasound next week.