OT It's been 2 months since my hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Oct 20, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

It has been 2 months since my hearing(seems like a year) before the ALJ. I called today and she said that my file is on his desk and if I haven't heard anything in a month to call her back and she would check on it again.

Geesh I am getting ansy. Come on already! I need money so bad. The holiday season is coming and I would like to be happier at this time of year. I hate having to scrimp by. It is really starting to get old.

Oh well, thanks for listening. Just needed to vent a bit.

bozey
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

I hope you read this again. What exactly did you put in your dire need letter. Did you tell him stuff like the amount of your house payment and how much your husbands check is and it doesn't cover bills?

I'm glad you got approved! I am so hoping for approval. Don't know what I am going to do if I don't get approved.

We are sinking.

Thanks for the reply.

bozey
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Hope you dont mind me jumping in here..

First off, I'm praying for you...I hope you hear something soon and it's good news!!! I know how hard it is to wait and wait to hear something.

But, ggiggi is right..A "dire need letter" could help speed up the process of hearing something sooner(I pray a Favorable decision)..

ggiggi can tell you more of what she put in her letter..

But somethings thats good to put in there is a list of all your bills and if your husbands check does not cover all your main bills like mortage, lights, food, heating, etc.., that may be a good thing to put in there as well, how much he makes (or a copy of his pay stub).

But some of the most important things to put in a dire need letter, if you have any past due bills on your mortage, lights, anything thats a must Have etc... make copy's of all past due bills to turn in with your dire need letter. Explain your fininacal(SP fog) situition in your letter to the judge. If you find, your have hardley any money left to buy grocery's and things of need..explain this in the letter. List and cost of medication and dr. bills etc...

Hope this helps a little...I did have a copy of a dire need letter for example...if I have time..I'll try to find it...I have company coming in today..I may have(not sure) put a example in my post "For those of us Applying/Fighing for Disability" you may want to check there,...

((Hugs)) & Good Luck
    Bluerose
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I thought there was a time cap on the length of time after each process that they had to give you an answer, and I thought it was 60 days. Please go to the SSA website and check on that because if I remember correctly from my own experience they have a time frame protocol they are supposed to follow.

I know in each of my filings (initial, reconsideration and hearing) they took exactly 60 days to give me a written answer. I did receive a Fully Favorable bench decision but I was reluctant to celebrate until I had EVERYTHING in writing, which took the full 60 days. They then had another 60 days to overturn the ALJ decision if they chose to. They didn't, THANK GOD!

Hang in there waiting is sooooo hard and the process is so frustrating and at this point I know you just want the whole thing to finally be over so you can breathe, relax and have the security of knowing you'll have some money coming in.

Sincerely
    JL
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

call our congressman's office to get help from there to speed up the process congressional inquiry. i just called for mine today. i was ruled fully favorble 9/15/05-no letter in the mail yet and mycase got selected for a random review , i hope that doesn't mean it gets overturned.

my last closed case they still owe me 11k on it still waiting for them to get off their duff on that so i have woolsey's office calling about that as well. she told me if bu nov.1,2005 i don't hear from ssdi then call her back and then they can get an emergency release of funds.

when i had my hearing on the closed case it took from 7/8/04 to 1/20/05 to receive my money in the bank, but they still owe for my son over 11 thousand dollars.

so don't let them just tell you something to pacify your , you have to be persistent.

and when it is in the payment center it still takes up t five months to get the money. that is w/o getting the squeaky wheel oiled.

this time around i am using the congressman's office, then november 1, 2005 i will call ssdi again then call my congressman's office and see if they can release some funds. i just don't get it they know they owe me this money and then they say i owe them an overpayment so then explain to me how can i pay them if they have my money? simple mathetics you would think.

well keep calling and ask to speak to supervisor at your local office, congressman's office request emergency funds if needed. anything you can do, do it they allways seem to make you work for it.

keep going everyone!
  6. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

My attorney sent a 'Dire Need' letter to get my hearing speeded up since my ex evicted me - it still took 2 months to get the hearing!
    And it took 43 days to get the verdict - Fully Favorable.
    But I was struggling financially, emotionally, and physically so it was the LONGEST 43 days of my life!

Char