OT - I've lost more weight and so happy!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I am finally below 200 pounds!!!!!!!! I can't tell you guys what this means to me.

I had gastric by-pass in 2002 and I lost a little weight and then put a lot back on. Earlier this year I have my surgery repaired and revised and I had not been losing, but all of a sudden I'm down to 198. I've weighed twice at about that weight, I don't really count it until I get three in a row though.

O.k. this is what happened... I stopped alcohol, caffeine, and haven't had much of an appetite. I got on a timed schedule with the protein shakes I'm suppose to have and my vitamin and minerals that I'm suppose to take. And I've been drinking lots of water.

The other thing is that I've been on the prednisone and I think by taking away a lot of the inflammation I had, it freed my body up to lose some weight and I don't seem nearly as swollen as I was.

I wanted to share some good news with you guys, my friends.
    Tigger
  2. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

Way to go! I know what an acomplishment that is. It is so hard for me to lose weight, so I know that when you do, it's because of all your hard work. Keep it up.

Regene
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

And with all the stress I've had from not being able to find a job.

Tigger
  4. ckk

ckk New Member

TIGGER- THAT IS SO AWESOME! YOU SHOULD BE SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOURSELF. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. HOW GREAT DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF RIGHT ABOUT NOW YOU SEXY MOMMA? DOESN'T IT FEEL WONDERFUL THAT YOU DID SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR YOU? JUST WAIT. AS MORE WEIGHT COMES OFF THE MORE CONFIDENCE YOU GET AND THE MORE YOU BREAK OUT OF YOUR SHELL. YOU WALK WITH AN EXTRA SPRING IN YOUR STEP AND WHAT A HIGH IT IS. CAN YOU FIGURE OUT THAT I LOST A PRETTY LOT OF WEIGHT? LOL. I JUST RECENTLY LOST 50.LBS. IT TOOK ME A YEAR AND A HALF BUT I DID IT, AND CAN I TELL YOU HOW WONDERFUL YOU FEEL? I AM SO PROUD OF YOU I REALLY AM. GOOD FOR YOU. IF YOU EVER WANT SOME ADVICE LET ME KNOW OR JUST SOMEONE TO TALK TO. BEEN THERE. TAKE CARE AND I WILL TALK WITH YOU SOON.
    CKK
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It's kind of funny you said about reverse effect because most meds have the reverse effect on me... Benedryl makes me hyper.

I know I was afraid to get on the scale because I thought I would have gained.

I feel very proud, but the thing is that not only the weight, but I still feel like a whole new person since the inflammation is gone. It's so amazing.

Now, I know I'm repeating myself, but if i can only find a job. Except that my interview clothes are too big. Shoot.
    Tigger
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I know what it means to lose weight. I've been trying since May and have only lost about 14 pounds. I just seem to be stuck there and I have a long way to go.

I have diabetes and take insulin and that makes losing weight even harder. Having terrible problems at night with high sugars and it affecting my feet and now, tonight, hands. :(

Haven't really slept in 2 nights. So staying up tonight some. Took a pain pill just now for the neuropathy pain.

It's odd you have lost weight on the prednisone as I heard it made people gain weight.

Good luck to you in your continuing weight loss. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

WOW!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!! I lost 30 lbs, last year and had 30 more to go. I made it through the holidays and everything and then this year I gained 40 lbs. and feel like crap!!! Now I am 202, the highest ever. So I think what you are doing is GREAT!!! Keep it up!!!

PIRT
  8. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

How Exciting for You !!!!

I'm new here, but this is something I've been working on too. I'm at about 205. The scale at the gym isn't very accurate, but I go to the doc at the end of the month. I'm hoping to finally get below 200 pounds too. I've been working on it since last Dec. and have lost 50 pounds maybe a little more.

You'll just have to find a sewing maching and take those clothes in or buy something new to interview in. It sure feels good when your clothes get too loose doesn't it.

Congratulations again!!!!

Jeanette
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Congratultions! I'm so happy for you and proud of you. Enjoy.
    Hugs,
    Terry