OT: I've lost my magic wand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Will someone please help me find my lost magic wand?

You know, that thing that I can wave so that all of us will become pain-free, happy, and healthy immediately?

No one will ever again look at us and say "What do you mean, you are sick? You look okay to me?"

If we have to move from one house to another, no help will be required. POOF! and our belongings will be transported intact...and each thing will be where it is supposed to be.

If the "pain-free, happy, and healthy" spell doesn't work, how about one that makes it so our drs don't think we are, and treat us as if we are, nothing but malingering drug-seeking junkies?

We need a spell that makes it so nobody asks "Why are you sleeping so much?"
    or
    "What do you mean, you can't sleep? Just go to bed!"
    or
    "Why can't you do [whatever]? Sunshine Sue across the street can do it, and she's older than you are!"

We need something that makes it so we don't feel like crying all the time, or depressed 24/7 or ____________ fill in the blank with whatever you choose.

About that "feel like crying" one...I would have said it is not possible to cry while sleeping.

It's not so. Just this morning, I woke sobbing as if my heart had broken. What's up with THAT, anyway?

Please, someone help me find my magic wand! Oh, and while you're up, would you please hand me a kleenex? Thanks.

Lea.

2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

You are talking to the wrong person here. I have fibro fog and I am still looking for the MONEY TREE I am sure I planted in the back yard! LOL

As soon as I find it I will help you look for your magic wand and the kleenex box.

Sorry you woke up crying. What a terrible way to start the day!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  3. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi Marion, and thanks for the reply.

I think I'm in big trouble...found a stick, you see, that I thought would be a great magic wand and now I'm afraid I took your money tree by mistake.

If I can find seeds, I'll send you a grow your own kit.

Okay?
    Lea.
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

You are welcome Lea.

Magic wand,tee hee, thank goodness we can laugh!I thought your post was very funny.

I know how you are feeling somedays I just want to sit down and howl!

But all I would get out of it is a stuffy nose and red eyes!

My doctor thinks I should just take an antidepressant and get back to work! What a smuck!

I wish I could take your magic wand and give my FM to him for a while and then see what he says!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)

5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Marion, you are right; your dr is a schmuck. Tell him to take his own d****d anti-depressant and be glad it's not a pineapple. Shove it, in other (not-so-nice) words.

There's no way to give our drs these d'ds; I'd have done it long before my magic wand went missing.

But: what about if, as a part of trying to treat us, they had to stay with us 'round the clock and see what we went through? Sounds like a great idea to me....

Aside from sleeping when my tired ol bod says it needs to, doing what I can when I can and that is all, pouring in vitamins/supplements and such as if they were free, and believe me, they AREN'T, I have pretty much given up on trying to find any treatment for myalgic encephalomyelitis because it seems the only dr-accepted "treatment" is anti'ds and shrinks.

Big surprise: anti'ds make me more depressed and I would never have thought such a thing could be possible. IT IS.

I still don't get how seeing a mindbender can help. They want to shove anti'd scrips in my hand, tell me I have several screws loose (such as the wonderdoc who claimed after talking to me for about 10 minutes I'm schizoid, psychotic and bipolar...), and prescribed horror-pills for all those things...no thanks.

Well, gee I started out in a whimsical mood, well, sort of...and this post turned into a whine/rant. Sorry!

Lea.
  6. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

What???? That was a magic wand? I thought it was a bone and burried it underneith that tree, and you said that was a money tree?????????

Forget giving you that kleenex, give it to me, not only did I throw away a magic wand to cure me but I'm still broke!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2006]