OT: Jodieplace, how are you tonight?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Apr 14, 2006.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I hope you are having a good Good Friday :). I've been worried about you. Sounds like you may have hit a rough patch with that yucky landloard.

My son is with his dad for the first time in quite a while. His dad had college courses at night so was too busy for visitation. However, he gets him for Easter because I had him last year -- ugh!

Anyway, I'm going to try to get a couple little projects done. Fight off the bees nesting in our yard; put up the blinds. Little things.

I hope you are having a good holiday weekend :)

elastigirl
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have been dealing w/landlord...i still need to decide if i want to move, sign a 12 month lease or just stay month to month..

i went to a tenant meeting...they had a county worker from the tenant union there last night...i had a translator for the first time in my life. it was cute actually, the lady from the county said to i speak spanish? i said pique...she said ok we will translate...i was the only caucasion there only latino's there...we all laughed..because it is usually the other way around...

manager is doing some no no's from what i understand...

i emailed on a couple of other places so i will see...i don't know if i can qualify finacially most places want you to make alteast 2.5 or 3x more than the actual rent...well rent for a 2 bed starts out around 1300 or more a month around here...

i don ot have my section 8 voucher yet...i will feel like i won the lottery when i do get it...

i have been going to the dr's..i am running a fever since atleast since wednesday night...that is not what brought me in..the muscle spasms and the should pain..etc...so they gave me some tender point injections...

i just got back from dr's, new one for me..he was really kind and understanding and brought up things that haven't been to me before...i may very well switch to him as being my new primary dr....

he seems to understand fibro as being a neurological problems and causing pain...and said would i be upt to trying another medication or two? i said what do you have in mind? he said, klonopin for longer sleep than the ambein..and sulindac for anti-imflamatory and pain...he said i could take everything except the ambien i am taking...told himabout how they are weaning me off from vavactil and sinemet i stopped because it was keeping me awake at night and a horrible taste in my mouth...

he said ok try this and he will give me up to 6 months of more i this works...

he seemed so much more calm and not rushing me...like my pcp usually does, plus if you remember back she told me if i wasn't going to go back to work, then stop and go get a gun and go use it when i got home and get it overwith now...

i was distaraght...i just didn't change dr's becasue of my ssdi was still pending a decision and you know from what you have read how the system is....

well sorry you don't have your little man over on easter....
    are you going to do a dinner or something special w/him later?

i am going to attempt to cook dinner for sunday, early one noonish...and the ex will be coming up for dinner...

we are not having any sexual contact, not since xmas...
    i'm trying to deal with my problems and if he can not or wants to be in denial then he can be...

we do not have any family here in california all of ours is back in michigan...

i'm jealous you have to deal with bees...it has been wet and rainy here...

so far two days in arow w/o rain...yippee

well you have a wonder easter and take care of yourslef do something special for yourself...

i need to get some dinner out of the oven... i swear i do not have much strength to even cook now days...throw it in a pan and close the oven door...hopefully i'll get out..

i'll be in touch with you and thank you for thinking of me..i'm still running temp..i guess from the fibro stuff..i hope it isn't anything else...

oh a couple of deaths in my ex's family side..hi grandma died on the 8th...she was 88 years old..i knew her sincie i was 18 years...then cody's aunt's mom died of a brain tumor she was 63 yrs...her daughter is due to delievery a baby on the 28th of this month...oh boy...and i guess nicole has been sick w/viral thing...

i knew themother from a little girl...i played with her oldest daughter michelle...

oh well guess i am getting up there in age where people will be moving on to another place on this earth..

hugs to you

happy easter

jodie
  3. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

So glad to read you have tenant meetings. Any apartment I lived in in my past never had any kind of tenants' association. We had to wing it on our own :).

Do you have any low-income housing options? I know some are located in bad areas, but in Michigan, some are also located in good areas. Also, in Michigan, FIA will subsidize some of the rent/utilities for low-income families. (My particular subsidized situation is based on nationality, but if I didn't live here, the FIA would help me out -- a little, anyway :).)

So sorry to read about your fever. I hate when that happens. Seems to be just one of those things that goes hand-in-hand with this illness. Feeling any better this morning?

Sounds like you found a 'good guy' doctor :). Wow! I wish there were doctors like that around here.

No special plans for Easter. I might go church, then to lunch at a place in town, then a movie; might do nothing at all.

Heard my dad is going to my brother's place for Easter -- I was not invited, never am, SIL hates me -- but as my mom invited said brother (after his wife decided to leave town with her mom) to Easter dinner, they've made quite a mess for themselves.

Brother accepts invitation, then tells Mom Dad is coming, too. Mom's second husband is just thrilled, LOL.

I turned down her invitation because I just needed some quiet time alone to do my thing. Son hasn't been going to visitation, so I rarely get to be alone lately :). This is fun for me.

I hope your Easter dinner goes well. For me and my son, buying a gourmet frozen pizza and popping in the microwave is really quite a tasty treat as we can't afford those pizzas every week :). This has become our 'holiday' meal.

My son left a construction paper carrot with me to hang on the door so the Easter bunny won't miss him :). They are oh, so cute when they are this age :)!

I'm going to the dollar store to fill up a basket with toys and coloring books. He already has too much candy, and I didn't even buy any this year :)!

So sorry to hear about the deaths in the family. Even when you separate from the ex, deaths in their family still touch your life.

I know when my ex's mother passes, I'll be affected for a long time. I loved her so much, but ex is so unpredictable, I dare not associate with her. I don't want her to get hurt as I've witnessed his verbal abuse of his mother. She's 76 I believe.

Hope your son is coping well.

Happy Easter to you and your family :)!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]