Ot Light : Have you ever Watched "Dog the Bounty Hunter "?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I have a college degree and usually read history and classics . I have to admit I watched "Dog " the first time because the charcters seemed so ridiculous and
    bizarre .

Now I find myself thinking that Mr. "dog " is a jewel of a guy . He is respectful and kind to the crooks and shows enormous compassion for their fallen state and foolish choices . He is attentive and complimentary to his wife , and always protective of her . I think they really seem to value each other . dog also seems to
    love his son and to treat his coworkers with respect .

Has anyone else here tuned in to this crazy macho man show ?
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

annxyz,

My son watches him all the time.....he is trying to get into the Bail Bonds business...I have watched the program with him...he does seem very respectful.....to live in Hawaii would be great...it seems a dangerous business though.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I love the guys! They are very good to the "baddies". I have to forgive them their appearance, they are so 80's and it's probably hard to let go, it has also become an image for "Dog" as people sherish his ways. He is apparently VERY good at catching up on people, he was once on the criminal track himself and "repented". He is repaying the society by being a bounty hunter.
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

I don't know if it is a gimmick or if it is true but I saw a newspaper article where Dog, Leland and Mrs. Dog are going to be arrested for false arrest. Maybe it will be on this weeks episode.
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I think that's Tuesday.
  6. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I watch the dog all the time,i love him and beth and their family they care about eveybody and beleave in second chances.angelkisses
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

when beth put on her tourist lady disguise that did
    NOT disguise her at all !! It actually drew attention to herself !

I think it is funny that she is kind of prissy and tries to look sexy , though she reminds me a lot of Ms Piggy , a plump girly girl .
  8. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

They had a marathon of the show over the weekend and watched a few episodes and enjoyed it. I love the wife, she is a girly girl and a rough woman too.

Dog is the Bounty Hunter. Anyway I have been loving that show lately, he looks tough for a reason so that people will not even think of messing with him.

I really enjoy that they talk to the criminals and tell they okay well you need to change and grow and think of your family, etc. It kind of is in my field of sociology and gives me some ideas of what I would like to do when I finish school and if I get to work. Now a Bounty Hunter sounds dangerous but it is interesting to me. Hehehehe...

[This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I never miss a episode!! ha ha. I guess you heard on 9/14/06 Dog was arrested along with his son Leland and his brother I believe.

Apparently "Mexico" has a warrant for his arrest stemming from his capture of Andrew Luster in 2003. Dog went to Mexico and captured Andrew Luster (who is now serving 124 years in prison here),and brought him back to the US instead of turning him over to the Mexican authorities.

In Mexico, bounty hunting is illegal. Dog was arrested in Mexico and released on bail. He was supposed to show up for a court hearing in Mexico back in 2003, which he did not do.

Last week, the Mexican government requested his extradition, so US Marshals showed up at his house at 6am on 9/14 and arrested him. Dog was released on a $300,000 bail.

Tomorrow night on the A&E station he is supposed to have a special show to explain his side of this whole mess. He has said he is very upset at how he was treated during the arrest. He is nice to the people he captures, and they were really bad with him.

Maybe you already knew about all this....
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]
  10. libra55

libra55 New Member

I love Dog! But my husband who's a cop thinks he's a jerk. We have had some interesting discussions at this house lemme tell you. My daughters love Dog too, and his family members.

Hawaii IS beautiful...I have spent time on 3 Islands...the Big One, Maui, and Oahu. i would go back in a heartbeat.

Michelle
  11. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Thanks for sharing the story about dog's arrest .

For those who have not seen the show , watch it once at least to see the kooky but likeable characters . They are as funny as the Beverly Hillbillies .
  12. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I love Dog! The first time my DH turned it on I thought he was nuts! Now I'm hooked. They had a Dog marathon this weekend so we watched it a lot.

I am really interested to see the show tonight to see what the familie's take on the whole Mexico thing is. The paper says Tim Chapman is no relation but on the show's intro he is shown as Dog's brother. Could be just the "yo, bro" kind of brother.

I always thought Dog was tall. He's only like 5'4"! He wears platform boots. Don't care! I think what he does with criminals makes him a big man. He wants them to have a chance to be rehabilitated like he was.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  13. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I've watched the show several times, sometimes it just amazes me.

I have a good friend who is a bail bondsman and he has met the "dog" and his "crew" in person. He has pictures of him with the whole gang.

And yes, he dresses like it's still the 80's and acts ALOT like the "dog" does. I think it's cute!!!!

Lis
  14. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

did time himself for killing someone. I think one of his sons is still in jail right now. I believe his daughter died recently also. I think he's a good guy. I saw him on Donny Deutsch talking about his son that is in jail.
  15. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

post here. I was looking at celebrity news on Yahoo and founf this and thought I would let you know since I saw this post here about Dog.

Copy from Yahoo:

According to the cable channel, the 53-year-old bounty hunter will tell his side of the story to his fans in a one-hour special titled Dog: The Family Speaks set to air tonight at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

And don't forget Croc Hunter Steve Irwins memorial is on animal Planet tonight at 9pm.
  16. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Everyone has to make their way in this world. Having bad teeth, being overweight, and not having the latest fashion sense, does not make someone less valuable or lovable.

Dog is a Christian and seems to try and live his principles.

Sometimes looking at someone's heart, you see them as the most beautiful people in the world, even though the outside may not be the same.

Sometimes, looking at the most outwardly beautiful people, you later see a very ugly person.

No offense to anyone venting here to the contrary - just expressing my thoughts.

(by the way, I think Dog did get his teeth fixed. I noticed recently they look much better).

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2006]
  17. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I have to say that I did not know Dog was a christian, BUT every time I watch him I think " this guy has the kind of heart Jesus talks about " .

He does not act like he feeels superior
    to the losers / crooks that he captures . He seems to genuinely want them to find a better way .

When you look past his unflattering hairstyle and
    weird clothes , you really do seeem to see a kind heart .
    It is encouraging to see how much he seems to love his wife and son too .

God's people come in all kinds of flavors and packages .
  18. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

At first my hubby wouldn't, but now he loves the show too.

"Beth" reminds us of a great friend we have, who is built like Beth.
    So she dress's as sexy as she can, which sometimes is so funny, she says, "If you can't Hide it Decorate It."

I have a young friend, who is a Bails Bondman, and he gets a kick out of the show too.

Remember when, Lee Majors, was in that TV show, about a Stuntman and Bounty Hunter. ? That was afun show , too.

sharonk
  19. 143alan

143alan New Member

I saw the The Family Speaks last night which was about the arrest of Dog, Tim and Leland. As much as I loved the show,I did not like Beth and feel that she aggravates some of their capture situations. However, after last night I have a new respect and admiration for her. They are genuinely in love with each other and she would go to jail for him if she could and that speaks volumns. I can't imagine why our government would let the Mexican officials extradite him when their government hides our fugitives from justice. Like the animal dog went down there to get. Also, it's very suspicious that this is occuring when the charges are misdemeanor offenses.

I glanced through an earlier post about some events in Dog's life. I've seen the show since the pilot debutted. I can't even remember what compelled me to watch it and there are times that I stop watching when they get too pompous and use such foul language that to me it sends the wrong message than they are trying to send. Even at that I've seen the same episodes in the reruns so have watched them all. Dog went to prison in TX for murder because even though he did not know what was going on in the house at the time and he did not murder the person he knew a crime had been committed and in TX you're just as guilty by association if you were with the offender. I think he served 18 months.

His son is in prison for 16 years w/out parole for buying coceine. I've heard him interviewed and he seems like a really neat guy that has learned and is using his position to educate others while he's in prison. One of Dog's daughters that lives in Alaska w/ her Mom was killed in a car accident the day before Dog and Beth were married just a few months ago. The other daughter from Alaska is "Baby Lisa" who moved back to Hawaii to live w/ Dog and Beth about a year ago and she's now a licensed Bounty Hunter.

Ok that's my Dog trivia input. They're an amazing family. OH, I don't think it's on their website now but when they 1st started their bios were on their site and if you ever find it everyone needs to read Tim Chapman's bio. This poor man was so brutally abused as a child and has seen so much evil in his life I am more impressed with him than anyone else on the show. How we can come out of that situation and do the good things he has done with his life is a story more powerful than Dogs' and yet he stays in the background.

Sorry, for the long post.
    Take Care
    Nancy
  20. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

My husband and I watch this show sometimes. We get a kick out of how Dog, Beth, Dog's brother and son dress, but we think they are good people at heart. They definitely show compassion toward the criminals they work with.

One of the women that swims in my water therapy class told me that Dog has been married four times and that he has twelve children! I think he and Beth have two or three kids together and the rest are from the other marriages. He and Beth just got married this year, I think. It was sad that they got married just a few days after Dog's daughter got killed (I think in a car accident). They decided to go ahead with the wedding ceremony.

Ellen