OT: Man it is snowing hard....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Feb 11, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

...here in WV. I live in central WV so far we have about 5 inches or so.

For anyone who is awake and on the board:

Where are you?

Is it snowing?

How much snow so far?

Do love or hate winter?

We're up so lets "talk"...hee, hee! :)

Thanks,

Karen
  2. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

No snow, but a cool 50 here in Southern CA...for us, anyway. Thinking about my sister in DE. I'm sure she's getting it, too!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it has been in the low 70's in the day and gets into the low 40's...

it is not snowing here...but it does snow in california in the mountains///

i don't miss the snow i lived in for 23 years in michigan...thenmoved down to alexandria virginia for another 4 years then back up into the upper pennisula of michigan..

i don't like winter here in california cause it rains...you can't do much of anything in the rain...in michigan i used to love t ice-skate. snowmobile and ski...

now i am to injured to do any of it for if i did i may not get up again...

jodie
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

Nice to "meet" you both. Thank you for responding. I would much rather have snow than rain. I am just a big kid at heart and everyone teases me because I always want a "snow day". Well I do not have to work for the next two days so....I am having my snow day...woohoo!! My darling one works for the state dept. of highways and I am home alone...Love it!!!

Thanks again,

Karen
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

5 inches is a lot of snow for you! I am in SE Wisconsin..and although you would EXPECT snow here..we haven't had too much this winter. Yesterday, we did get a few snow showers...but , although the sidewalks even got white..it was warm enough that it all melted by the end of the day. Hope you have some one that can shovel for you!
  6. jakeg

jakeg New Member

We have about 15" here in Macungie Pa and it's still coming down. Love the snow.

I guess I'll be able to see if I can still ride the snowmobile without being in to munch pain. I have 2 new Yamah RS Rages (05) just waitin to be riden. I have to see if the wife wants to go for a ride today.

Looooooooove that snow.

Jake
  7. lin-z

lin-z New Member

so far in central jersey...I think we missed alot of it. My husband just asked me if I'd like to help him shovel...hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahah. He was kidding...I used to tho, and my side always looked better and was done quicker than his side :(
  8. FM58

FM58 New Member

Well here in Jersey, it is most definetely a blizzard! We have around 20 inches now, however it is not supposed to let up til late this afternoon.

My poor little Bichon- who normally loves romping through the snow, will only step foot in the shoveled parts of the snow. He's so smart, he knows it's waaaay over his head & he would get stuck. I tried to coax him to play in the snow, he looked at me like I was nuts! No way-he told me!

Be safe everyone!
  9. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

It's been a mild winter in central Indiana but today we are really getting the snow.

Fun post!

Lindy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
  10. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

We were on the fringe of the storm. We had 5-6 total. It's been a mild winter in comparison to other years here-so I can live with this.

Have a good day and stay warm.
  11. kjfms

kjfms Member

...who responded. This is a pretty big storm. I live in a location in WV that is always hit when it snows...although we have had it pretty easy this winter. We have about 6-7 inches now it is 2:24 P.M. The storm has moved on for the most part, we are going to get 1-3 more inches and then it should be over by tonight.

I used to love making snow angels. I am sorry that I can't remember everyones name...that short term memory problem, don't ya know!

My poor "baby" had to work all night, he said it was comming down so hard they just couldn't keep up with it. He is sleeping, has to go back to it at 6:00 this evening and will be working on the roads until 6:00 in the morning....so I am making him a very good dinner. I am making homemade bread...this is my first try at this (I usually suck at cooking...but have a few thing I do up nicely...LOL

Also so having steak..my own little recipe...I sear the meat on high heat(makes a pretty good mess) to seal in the jucies and flavor and to make it look pretty, then I put it in a pressure cooker for about 30 minutes...melts in mouth...tastes sooo good you want to slap your mamma (just a joke)...LOL. That along with what I call dutch browned potatoes and corn.....yuuummmy!!! :)

Thanks you guys, after reading some of those snow amounts, we are really having it pretty easy here....19 inches!!! WOW...would I love that. :) I am an idiot-I would just get in my Jeep and go for a drive...

Sorry so long...I have been left to my own devices for too long...LOL.

Karen

12. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Here in Staten Island New York, not sure how many inches.

I walked my dog and he loves snow, he was hopping around like a bunny rabbit, really funny!!!

Take care, Ritatheresa