OT/Manhunt near my house

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jun 9, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

They are having a manhunt near my house right now. A man robbed a place and a local officer just stopped him here and he shot the officer through the window, but missed. They spiked his tires and he is now on foot near my house. This is a little scary. I am keepimg my doors locked. Hopefully they will catch him soon.

Kriket
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

that he tried to run over the officer too- he ran into the side of the police car. There is a helicopter and search dogs near. My dad is in the middle of it all. He works for the sherrif's dept. Worry!Worry!Worry!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2006]
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

last time i was on my lunch break and went home for lunch...man robbed the bank accross the street..i was unaware of it...i came in my house and my young 11 yr. old son at the time was hiding behind the kitchen doorway w/a knife...

it scared the bejesus out of me..wondering why he had a knife in his hand...then he told me what was going on....the neighbor came accross the hall and told him to stay in the house etc..

so do what fight says...

they will hopefully get him...and if you have any guns in your home keep them with you know...

and don't hesitate...then call 911...

jodie
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

and am trying to listen to all that is going on.

Kriket
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Any update...is everything ok?

Nancy B.
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

WorryWart here. Kriket, are you OK?

Looking for update.

God Bless...and keep you safe!
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Everything okay, Kriket?

Kholmes
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Sorry that I left ya'll last night with out checking out. I was at my boyfriends house last night when all of this took place. The computer is at his house. I went home shortly after I posted this.

I live about 4 miles from my boyfriend and believe it or not the guy they were after got about a half mile from my house and was knocking on people's windows trying to get them to come to the door, but they did not go to door.

They called police. To make a long story short, he got away. So, I think he is still somewhere close by. He is from around the area and has family here. I was so scared last night after I went home. I kept loaded pistle by me at all times. I was so scared that he was gonna knock on my window or door.

I did not go to sleep last night till about 4:30am this morn. then I had to get up and go to work. It is a full moon and it seems as if everybody is out of control.

Thanks guys for checking on me, but I had no way to communicate with you guys after I went home. Everything is ok, at least for now.

Kriket
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

well you did the best you could with the situation...

glad your ok...

they will catch the bugger..

jodie
  10. jenemc

jenemc New Member

Kriket...where in east texas do u live? I live close to Linden..about half way between hughes springs and linden out in the country...hope they catch the person...i heard there had also been an escapee in la again..he is wanted for manslaughter...

jennie
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

I live about 60 miles east of Dallas. I found out more of what the suspect did. He approached two women and robbed them. One of them he beat nearly to death. Then he stole their car. After that he fled and police spotted him and stopped him.

He then tried to shoot officer but missed. Then he tried to run over officer. Again was unsuccesful. They then got into a pursuit with him and had to put spikes out to stop him. He ran over the spikes and then took off running in the woods. They still have not found him.

He has been seen though. He just got out of the pen and looks like he will be going back for quite a while I hope. Has been heard that he says he will not go down easy. I am afraid that he is gonna kill someone before it is all over with. I am pretty sure that he is still around the area. I hope that they get him sooner than later.

Kriket
  12. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I live in TX, as well, and the violence and the stuff is getting ten times worse, as thought it wasn't bad enough before.

The carjackings and robberies, where they follow women from ATM's and other things, such as at carwashes, has me scared to death.

I have considered getting a concealed gun permit and a gun, because I use my scooter quite a bit and that makes one a sitting duck while in the process.

My therapist suggested that I get a taser, instead, saying he was afraid I would shoot and kill someone. Darned right. Attack me and I would shoot to kill. One does not shoot to wound in a situation such as that.

Many police, FBI, ATF and others I anesthetized through the years told me, don't get a gun unless you are willing to use it, and if you do, shoot to kill.

I am not blood thirsty, but threaten me or my family, and they would be sorry.
  13. kriket

kriket New Member

I agree with you 100%!!!! The way I look at it is they should not have put themselves in the situation.

Kriket
  14. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I agree with you... tazer my arsk... if they attack you or threaten your person you need to kill the sob's. Then we do not have to fork over the millions to try to rehabitilate them (yes some do change but many do not and the crime only escalates as they get braver and more daring.

Best crime prevention I can think of is to actually make someone responsible for their actions.

I am a death penalty advocate and even more so now that dna testing leaves so very little room for getting the wrong person. If the penalty is high enough then the crime will not pay!

I speed on the roadways because 10mph over the speed limit is only a 150.00 dollar fine and my chances of actually gettin caught are slim to none... now if the fine were 1500.00 with still the same chances of getting caught I would never speed unless it was a death race to the hospital. Make the punishment for the crime be stiff/ swift/ and certain and you will see those crimes stop! Give them a free meal and tv and gym for workout and the lazy bums will continue to do the crimes just for the free meal ticket/motel! Make them get out on the roadside and sweat for their bologna sandwich and you might not see them behind bars again! Honest people work from sun up until sundown for their meals...why should criminals lay around in air conditioned rooms and do nothing...what kind of punishment is that?

So all I can say is get your gun and your permit and use that gun if you need too!

No reason for honest folks to be living in fear. Especially in Texas...pffftttt

[This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

They finally got the crook. Early this morn. he stole another car and police got into a chase with him again and he run on foot but they got him this time. I feel a lot better now. Maybe this time he will go down for a long time.

Kriket
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

she had called me up and found out they had a man hunt going on in her neighborhood....

robbed a bankd and killed a cop...the get away car license said
    "flyinfun" well they did stop the fun for him and caught him as well..

but she was freaked out too...guy ran in her back yard...her dog was barking and her husband had his gun ready for him...

this should be on america's most stupidiest criminals...have car license personalized fly in fun...

jodie