OT - MEMORY FOAM TOPPERS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Feb 24, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

FYI - "Overstock" has a 4" memory foam bed topper - (all sizes) on sale for $199. normally $399. Premium grade foam 3 lb density.

This is good price for a King size.
  2. marw

marw New Member

Is "Overstock" a company on the computer? do we just type that in the address bar? I have long wanted one of these! I have a Queen bed.

THanks
    Margaret
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It will be comfortable the first day but it gets even better once more air gets to it.I take Mine everywhere.I use the pillow when I have neck problems,otherwise I use a feather pillow.Oh well, rambling on,,,,long night last night.Linda
  4. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am glad somone brought this up. I would like to see some more replies on people that have bought the foam toppers and if they like or dis-like them.

I have problems with hot flashes durning the night and was wondering if the foam toppers would make me sweat even more?

Thanks,
    Cindy
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I have one of these and I do like it very much .. I used to have conventional foam and it would wrinkle almost permanently .. the memory foam does not ! .. and it doesn't seem to hold body heat that would make you uncomfortable .. I can get way too hot way too fast .. so this aspect is not a problem .. then again I have a fan going constantly all year round in my room ...
    I bought mine from our Shopping Channel in Canada and it was a better price than any store here.
    I think you will like it !
    Good Luck !
    Fudge : )
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have a 2" that I got from Linens and Things and then added a 1" from WalMart. It is very comfortable, but my hips still hurt when I get up! I would love to get a Tempurpedic, but it is way out of my price range.

Love,
    Sonya
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have Tempurpedic memory foam and it was never hot.

This seemed like a good deal because it is 4" thick.

Yes overstock is on the web. Use Google search and enter overstock - you should find it.
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

reduce shoulder and hip pain during the night, so I sleep better.:)
    Claudia
    P.S. My dogs love it too! I have to fight to get space on the bed now.:) I guess I could sleep in the dog bed, since no one else is.:)[This Message was Edited on 02/26/2006]
  9. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

It was comfortable ,but must be wearing out, I feel something is poking me.. It is prob. my bones. I am feeling. I am sure not skinny.. But, pressure on the hips, and shoulders, hurt......

I would love to try the padding, but I am short, and I already have a high bed. I nearly need a ladder now, 4 " , I know I would, but would love to be comfortable, when I get in to bed. Maybe then, I could sleep, really well........
  10. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I had one before i got married on my full size bed. I loved it. It helped so much with my FM, you just wouldn't believe. I miss it!!! I bought mine on QVC.

I bought one at Belk for our bed though, and it was awful. We had to take it back. I think it depends on where you buy them.

Just my opinion.
  11. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

I bought one of them from [url removed as per rules] during Christmas. I really like it but still have hip pain during the night. I love napping on it in the afternoons! One thing I wished I had done when I ordered it -- We have a queen size bed and I wish I had bought the king-size foam (they're all the same price). It's a little short for the bed. Also if you're a member of [url removed as per rules] you can gets points for ordering thru MyPoints. And if you can't afford to pay all of it now, Overstock is a member of the "Bill Me Later" plan where you pay a small amount every month. Hope this helps!

12. shirl517

shirl517 New Member

I have a 2 1/2" memory foam topper that I
    got from overstock and I LOVE IT. I live
    in North country, so memory foam and fleece
    sheets are SO NICE! I just love it. I bought
    one for my daughter and now all her friends
    are ordering them. Nothing like it for me.
    Definitely helps me with pain. Overstock
    has the real deal too and the prices are very
    reasonable. I want a 4" next time. You
    just melt into it.
  13. Bambi

Bambi New Member

has a 3" and she swears by it. She says it is SO comfortable. I use two
    feather beds on top of a waterbed that we keep the water fairly full so
    it's firmer. I love the feather beds but would like to get the topper for
    the second bed.
  14. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Do any of you have sensitivies to smells that might give you headaches or itching from the offgassing of the memory foam's chemicals?

I'm extremely sensitive & I really need to be careful about how long these foam pieces are sitting wrapping in plastic in a warehouse.

Has any one or even their sleeping partner had any reactions, even for 1 or 2 days after opening up from the packaging?

thanks.
  15. patches25

patches25 New Member

I bought a 3 inch memory foam but after a couple days realized that it was why my eyes and mouth got so dry. My mouth got totally dry and tongue swelled so big it was lucky I didn't suffocate. Had I gone to a doctor about the dry problem he probably would have diagnosed me with Sjorgen(sp) since it was so bad.

I looked up info on memory foam and found that lots of people do have problems. But for those who it helps, it must be wonderful. E.
  16. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You can use the Bill Me Later.

I use it and LOVE it......They bill me by email ....You can make the min. payment or pay it off.......It is 90 days no interest.....Try it you will like it I think....I do.

Makes it easy to shop online.....

Im going to order one right now....Thank You for letting us know........I always wanted one.

Sue
  17. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Its only 79.99. I think I will get that one in king size.I have a very thick matress.It is very hard to find deep pocket sheets.

Thank you again

Sue
  18. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Yippee and it came with 2 free pillows mf. It was only 129.99 and 1.00 shipping and no tax.....

Again Thank You for posting it...

Sue
  19. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Patches25 do you remember where you ordered your foam that gave you a reaction?

Thanks for this info. I know only a few of us have the reactions, but I'm sure I'm already one of the minority
  20. ephemera

ephemera New Member