OT Mikie and others who reply to my posts..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I just want to thank you all for the times you reply to my posts and I don't come back with anything. I often pop in on the board in the middle of things and pop out again, back and forth some days and some days only once. I later put my name in search and see if I missed anything.

I DO appreciate each and every reply, and I am sorry I don't always acknowledge them. I am running after a herd of Chihuahuas all day as well as a geriatric
    Schnauzer, try to do all my chores now that I can, get a nap (a must) and keep up with friends on the web..same as everyone. I HATE it when I don't see the
    replies though and don't take the courtesy to reply back. I DO read them later and I DO appreciate them.

That's all but I didn't want to seem like a total nudge that doesn't care. I DO! Thank you again!..everyone!
    Sincerely, Bambi
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, this board moves very fast and when we are busy, it is difficult to keep up. I'm glad you do a search and can catch up with replies. I have found this the easiest way to do it. Still, every now and then, something gets by me too.

Thank you so much for posting this. It is very sweet of you. Hope you are doing well. Chasing dogs can wear one out. Heck, some days, doing nothing can wear me out :)

Love, Mikie
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

taking a lot some days. Today was one of those when I'm not exactly flaring full out, but knew I had to really pace to keep from getting into trouble.

The dogs are just too much for me when he's working, but I love them all and just can't bring myself to find homes for any of them. I would never stop worrying or thinking that they felt abandoned as all are a year or more now.

When his Chihuahua had puppies with our male I really intended to sell all but one. I had people lined up or I wouldn't have done it. Being her first litter (and only) we thought she might have one to four, normally two is about what happens first time.

Well she surprised the heck out of me. She had SIX..three males and three females. I purposely didn't let myself get too attached, didn't name them or anything. But when 9 weeks approached and it was time to make the decision which to keep, my husband decided ALL were staying.

I knew it was too much for us and me
    in particular but what do you do? He has never said anything like that before and rarely has ever been able to make a big decision we both didn't
    agree on. SO they got named and here they are. They were a year old in December. They're good little dogs
    and good natured and loving, but seems like I am forever letting them in or out, changing their beds, washing their bedding, feeding..you name it.

Oh well it gives me a reason to stay active all day, besides the other things I do. I'm just grateful because two years ago I couldn't do much of anything, couldn't hold a pot to cook or remember to watch it. So I'm just grateful I'm able now to do
    what I can.

Thank you for posting! I appreciate it! Love, Bambi
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

BUMP! BUMP BUMP BUMP PLEASE!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad you are better. I am too but, like you, I have to pace myself.

You remind me of Shirl with her dogs. She calls it the "changing of the guard" when she is letting them in and out.

I live in a condo upstairs and I know that I could not walk a dog on my bad days but I do enjoy other people's dogs here. My old cat died six months after I moved down here and I've just decided that I'm not going to get another pet. I like to be able to go up to Atlanta to visit my grandson and this way, I'm free to come and go. I'm just trying to keep my life simple these days.

Your dogs sound adorable. Enjoy them.

Love, Mikie