OT...Mikie Have You Talked With Shirl Recently?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi Mikie!

I hope you are feeling better. I read you've had testing done for your gallbladder. Have you been having bad stomach pains, or anything else?

It has been awhile since I've heard anything about Shirl. i cannot imagine what she, and her family have experienced. I think of her so often and keep her in my prayers. As I do with everyone here...

Just when you feel up to it... let me know about the questions above, pretty please!

Take perfect care, Mikie

Love,

Kim

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No, I haven't felt well for quite a while and haven't called her. She is almost never online. Ever since the hurricane, she has been having a rough time of things. I am way behind on calling friends but it is all I can do right now to keep up with myself and my doctor appts.

I've been sick since Easter. Frist, with the Red Tide and bronchitis. Then, this gastric thing started. I've been having tests and seeing docs ever since. I had a lot of pain but it is much better. It is the exhaustion which is getting to me right now. Thanks for asking.

I always tell Shirl that she is missed. She sometimes posts on the Worship board but I haven't been there for a while.

I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Oh, I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I haven't been on the boards, quite as much and have missed that you are sick.

I don't know your symptoms, but when I had severe IBS and stomach pain; they thought it was my gallbladder. After having it removed, the symptoms were still there.

I had an uphill battle with my so called doctor, and finally diagnosed myself with gastroparesis. Thanks to help from those on this board, I kept pushing for the tests!

Praying you will find an answer and relief very soon..

Love and prayers,

Kim
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate it. All we are trying to do is rule out the gb. The pain and stomach upset are getting better. If I could just get some energy. Ah, this too shall pass.

Take care.

Love, Mikie
  5. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

Sorry to hear you havent been doing good. I can relate to the no energy.

Hows the grandbaby?? Love Brenda
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your kindness. Andy is fine--getting into everything. He's 15 months old now. The kids came down when I had my endoscopy and I had a chance to see him. Wish I had the energy to keep up with him :)

I'm supposed to go up to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and will get to see him then.

Take care. I hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She has been having problems with her lower back and cannot sit at the computer so she hasn't been online at all.

I've told her how much she is missed here.

Love, Mikie
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thanks for letting us know how Shirl is. Also, thanks for letting her know we miss her!

Hugs,

Kim