OT My Boy Is Gone A Year...Memorial In Profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Apr 20, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Wanted to share this special day with everyone here~'My Family'

For those of you that know me, my furry kids are my life.

I lost my youngest boy a year ago today...Feels like yesterday that I held him and kissed him goodbye, yet it feels like a lifetime that I've missed him...That's grief!

I had the local paper publish this today...I used to own/operate a pet grooming salon and many local people knew Moose so I wanted to share a poem I wrote for him on his 7th birthday...

Hope you like it...It's simple, but it says it...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia

***Be patient, seems to be taking a while to load***[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2006]
  2. TFD

TFD New Member

MamaDove,
    I can't see it in your post and I don't see an address for it. Am I overlooking it?

I too have furry babies, Abbey - a white Westie and Chance -a choc lab and they truly are my babies. Having said that, I have also, lost babies as you have and it is heart breaking.

Tammie
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Thanks for sharing. I know how we felt when the first dog we bought after we were married died. We had him 16yrs. I love my fur baby (Pom) so very much. And a grand furbaby (Yorkie). Bless you.
  4. street129

street129 New Member

5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Your Moose is beautiful and obviously very missed by the heartfelt poem you wrote in his memory, It brought tears to my eyes.
    I have a 13yo Persian cat who is my absolute best friend and my constant companion. I realize as she gets older my time with her is getting shorter, I dread the day I can no longer see her.

I understand your pain, Sometimes there is a deeper bond with a certain pet and can never be with another pet as long as you live, because they are so special. I feel that way about my cat and dread the grief I will feel when it is her time to leave me.

My children asked me the other day if animals go to heaven, my only response was I hope so because I couldn't bear the though not having my cat waiting for me there and seeing her again. Then they asked who would take care of her until I went to heaven and I said that God has a special angel to take care of them until their owners arrive.

Sincerely
    JL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2006]
  6. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

When I got sick, we had the most amazing Golden Retriever who was only 2 years old. My future-ex worked 60-70 hours a week to make up for my loss of income for the first year while I was pretty much bed-ridden.

"Remington" saved my sanity in that time. Although he was young, he never left my side while I was alone. If I was upset, he would climb onto the bed and lick my tears. I talked to him constantly since he was the only "live" companion I had most of the time.

He was a "puppy mill" dog, and had three surguries for hip dysplasia, but he had the biggest heart of any animal I've ever known.

We lost him five years ago, but I still shed a tear for him now and then.

Have you seen this website? It's a beautiful tribute to pets that have touched our lives, and there is a wonderful story about how we will see them again..

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

God bless you and may He comfort your heart...

- julie (is free!)

All I know is
    love can heal
    what nothing'
    else can heal.. - Radney Foster
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Wonderful tribute, oh, how our animals improve the quality of our life!

I just have our German Shepard now and when she is no longer with us, we cannot get any more animals due to my allergies.

What a loss....

June
  8. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

And I haven't cried once...yet.

It seems that I have gone through all the 'firsts' of grieving for my boy and tomorrow brings me back to day one without him here...

I think I can finally say it's getting easier...

Hubby took me out shopping...for him...needed ammo for skeet shooting tomorrow and I got out for a few hours...Glad to be back home, it's 'TOO MUCH' out in these BIG BOX stores. Bright lights, too many people going way too fast for my slow brain and then there is always someone to rev my engine...I now know to just walk away but still, where do these people come from? And these are the people we refer to as 'normals'...yikes!

Thank you all for visitng my profile and seeing my boy and for sharing your thoughts and stories...

Love to all~Alicia
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

That is a beautiful tribute to Moose. I just near cried when I read it. I lost a beautiful furbaby back in 2000. Her name was Miko. It was April 8 so you can imagine I am feeling sad this time of year too.

Furkids are so special. Miko was one of my beloved Welsh Corgis. She had Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia, we spent over 2,000 dollars of treatments for her but she did not respond and we ended up helping her to the Rainbow Bridge. I still miss her.

Peace to you,
    Michelle
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

What a beautiful tribute to your special friend, Moose.

I can relate to the feelings you have today.

Love....Mari
  11. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I still miss my departed kitties. They were both very different but they were both with me through tremendous ups and downs in my life.

I hope I do get reunited with them one day...

What a beautiful tribute to Moose.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie