OT My Daughter is Engaged & Finished Her Medical Residency!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, May 15, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I just wanted to tell everyone that my middle daughter is engaged to get married!!!!!

She will also be finishing her medical residency next month!!!!!

Her residency is over with on June 30, so during the month of July--her only free month before joining an established Family Practice group 30 miles from our home--she will be going to St. Thomas for a wedding on the beach, moving back to our area to a new house that her and her finance just purchased, and letting me and her father throw them a wedding reception/celebration party!

She has worked soooo hard all of her life in school, college, and medical school and has strived to be the best physician that she can be. I am so terribly proud of her!!!

Even during all of her busy days, she has always taken a few minutes out of each evening to call and talk with me. She is concerned about all of my health problems and has always been my "second opinion"!!

She even told me last week that during her month off in July-- before starting her job, she will dedicate at least 4 days to doing some "serious" cleaning for me--taking down curtains, washing windows, moving furniture to clean behind it, etc.

She is a model daughter!! Also, her patients-to-be will certainly be fortunate to have her for a doctor!!!

Sorry, but just had to brag a little bit!!!

Love,
    Janet
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2006]
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Sounds like a very proud parent.
    My daughter is getting married in July less than two months away now. She attends college to be a teacher.I am also very proud of her. She started full time college while still in high school Fellowship Program and she will graduate next year. So I understand where you are coming from. Best Wishes to your family ! And what a beautiful wedding place !!
  3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Always heartening to hear a success story, and a true blessing to have our grown children happy.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Congratulations to your daughter on her pending wedding and her starting in family practice. I sure wish I was closer to you as I would surely go to her.

I hurt my back dragging a tree limb that broke off during a storm on Friday. It was pretty heavy to me, but I was determined to drag it under the oak trees where the mulch is to get it off the grass. Was a bad idea. I didn't realize how heavy it was until I got into it.

We need to watch Lost on tape tomorrow afternoon as I wanted get on my new laptop tonight and hubby went to sleep during the show.

Anyway, so happy for your daughter. You have every right to be mighty proud of her. :)

Love,
    Faye
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

What an utter and complete joy! What an amazing daughter you have! And I thought I was the only one who had a model daughter.
    Mine is a special education teacher near Austin, Texas. She just bought a house and has been redecorating it. She came home for Mother's Day with a beautiful card for me she had made herself. Also she had something special to show me.......an engagement ring and she had the young man with her, what a doll!
    My heart runneth over for sure. Let's just lavish ourselves in this joy!!
  6. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

What great news and what a great accomplishment for her. It is so great when we can brag about our children.

Off the topic, how have you been doing lately. I know you have had a very hard time lately and we have missed you on the board?

Gentle Hugs
    Granny
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Congratulations to both of you. She has completed a big task. Good for her!!!!!!!!!!!

Kriket