OT-my Keani Parents rotten luck..... :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Feb 7, 2006.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

They are very good friends of mine and when I moved here they "adpoted" me. I work with both of them. Well some may remember that in December he had a massive heart attack then had to get pacemaker put in, a surgery the docs where not sure he was going to make it.....

Was finally able to return home on Christmas eve. He had just started working a little bit these last couple of weeks, made life changes, and he was doing well. Of course this made things less stressful for his wife.

Well yesterday they were going to "The Big City" for a doctors appt and on the way (about 1 hr or so) they were hit by a bus. He had another heart attack and his lungs filled up with fluid, and apparently she got banged up pretty good - as the last word I heard was they were both recovering.

Just had to get that off my chest - it was weighing me down. Such wonderful sweet people to be going through all this stuff!!
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for you and your friends! Love, Terri
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I will say a prayer for your friends and you. I wish them a speedy recovery.

Janet
  4. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I did get to speak to her last night and today. The roads were extremly icy, and she had gone to the side of the road so she would not go into oncoming traffic. She figured she would put the car in the ditch.

So there they are and around the corner a school bus come, they see that he does not have control of the bus, and sit there like a sitting duck, and got side swiped by the 20,000 lb bus.......she wasn't banged up but did get wip lash, due to tensing - she said it was all in slow motion.

But someone was looking out for them, because behind the bus was one of those BIG Uhaul trucks, she said he really had to work at keeping control of the vehicle.

Also - she never realized how remote some spots are on the highway until you are sitting there waiting for and ambulance as your husband is drowning!! But they are both home now and are doing better.....they are sueing, as the driver admitted his chains would not deploy!!!