OT: My neighbor act weird

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jun 1, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I live in a 3 unit house. In one of the units there is a family, father, mother and 3 kids. The two oldest kids play alot with my older son, and they have a great time.

I have learned thru the years to be friendly with people even if I would not normally choose them as close friends.

Now, the mother is 26, the two older kids are her fiancee's. He is nice and talk to you normally, we giggle about the children and let them play with water and dirt outside the house.

I spoke to "mom" of the house and all seemed ok, she wouldn't come out as often as he, and wouldn't let the kids out as much either. It is always dad that let the boys play games in either home when she was not home. She have so far not let them play when she was alone with them.

Well, forward abit. She suddenly started walking by me without speaking to me, walking pass like I didn't exsist. Seeing me but looking pass me.

Doesn't that kind of stuff drive you bonkers? I mean the silent treatment? What good does it do? I get flash backs as my ex. husband often did this,,,LOL!

If the kids were'nt goodie friends I wouldn't give a rats-ass. I've seen it so often, I have no idea why people act like this, and I prefer straight stuff. This kind of stuff is sooo dumb. I have always been nice, never really spoke much to her besides neighborly talk.

I guess I'm just venting, or maybe hoping for some good advice? Maybe next time she's working night and I see her dear fiance I could ask him nicely if he knows why she won't say hie.

What do you guys think?

Anyway, it felt good to vent!!

Hugs
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

I think HE has said something that makes her jealous of you, and she thinks if she ignores you, you'll go away LOL!

Actually, unless I really have a good reason to dislike the person, I make it a point to go out of my way to make the person respond to me.

"HI,----, are you ok? I noticed you haven't said hi or anything to me lately, have I done anything to make you mad at me?"

"Hi, ------, I am so glad to see you, I've been wanting to ask you if you know anything about (make something up!), but you seem a bit distracted lately and I don't want to bother you."

Confront the problem head-on, but know too that some people are very, very private or into themselves and accept her just the way she is if there's no overt problem.

It has taken me about 4 years to get my next door nabor to say hi if she sees me outside. She's very very extroverted with family and men, but with me she just freezes, and I have no earthly idea why, LOL. I'm a pussycat.

Good luck, let us know if you "thaw" her out!

findmind
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Kill her with kindness... She won't be able to handle that.
  4. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I second the comments by findmind - perfectly said.
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

great advice, everyone.

Although it makes no sense on my end, what you say may be true.

I remember a day in between her sudden change in behavior when she was leaving in his car with him and the children.
    I tease people who ignore me by waving wide and say "Heloo!!!" with a big smile.

I did this as the car passed a few feet from me. I waved to her, and looked at her. She gave me a stiff wawe back. She wouldn't have done it if she was alone, I think. She might have done it because she didn't want to act this way in front of her soon-to-be.

Anyways, it's no fun to be ignored when you treat people well. I am 13 years older than her, and so not interested in relationships, short-term or long. I am done in that regard and happy with my life as a single mother. Maybe burnt too many times, who knows.

Either way, there's no burning sparks going on at all from either of us (neighbor father and me), he couldn't care less wether I was female or not, to him I am just a neighbor, and to me- he is just a neighbor.

Then I am used to 10 uncles and 2 brothers, and two half brothers. One sister only. I seem more comfortable talking with males, and may be rough mouthed too,,,LOL!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]