OT, My New Favorite Movie, What's Your's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I just finished watching, the new movie, with Antonio Banaderos (sp is probbably off).
    It's called, "Take The Lead".

It's about Ballroom dancing, and it's based on a real person life.
    It was great, but I had to hide my dancing shoes, lol, so I wouldn't hurt myself. ;o)

Has anyone seen the X-Men 3? Is it as good as the others, I think it's out on DVD?

Todays a good day for a Movie, but I am sick of laying in bed.
    Staph Infections do not go away easily,

sharonk
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I hope you feel better soon sounds like you have been pretty ill -- sending you good thoughts for a speedy recovery with the infections.

Well I am really behind with new movies I just last week watched Stars Wars Episode III which I really enjoyed.

I am wild for Sci-Fi :)

Thanks,

Karen :)
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

and my boys watched X-Men 3, and they said it was just OK- not as good as the previous ones.

My favorite newish movie is "Pride and Prejudice" with Keira Knightley.
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Last movie I saw in a theater was Cindarella Man. Gotta love that bad boy Russell Crowe.

Watched 2 movies this week: North Country and Walk The Line, both were very good.

But my all time favorite movie is(and might always be) The English Patient. Love the story, the music, the cinematography and Ralph Fiennes.
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I hope you're Staph Infection goes away soon.

Too hard to narrow it down to one, but my favorite films at the moment include:

VERTIGO, an Alfred Hitchcock film with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. It's dark and moody, but I get more out if it every time I see it.

MIDNIGHT RUN, a comedy/road movie with Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin.

THE BIG COUNTRY, a classic western with Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons, and a great musical score.

RULES OF THE GAME, a classic French film by the great director, Jean Renoir.

SWADES, about a Nasa scientist who returns to the village in India where he grew up.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2006]
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Sound of Music
    Hunt for Red October
    The Game
    Anything by Alfred Hitchcock
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2006]
  7. Callum

Callum New Member

My favorite movie of all time is "I've Heard the Mermaids Singing."

Other favorites:

Ordinary People
    What's Up, Doc?
    All About Eve
    Stage Door
    Educating Rita
    Schindler's List

And every Christmas - The Alistair Sims version of "A Christmas Carol"
  8. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I guess we will be watching X-Men 3 this weekend, DH wants to. Besides who can find fault with Hugh Jackman, ;o]

Some of the Movies you all listed, I have seen also, and the Older ones, mentioned, sure brought some good Old Memories.

Like Vertigo, that was the Movie they showed us, as a treat, when I Graduated from 9th. We got to skip class to see it , what fun
    I am also afarid of Heigths, so I really enjoyed it.

Well tonight is no mystery as to what I plan on watching, its Dancing with the Stars, should be very interesting tonight. ;o)

Thanks for answering my post, and I will check out the Movies I haven't seen yet.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  9. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

Just for the everyday things that happen (and don't happen) in ordinary life in a North Dakota accent. Love it!
  10. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I have a few distinct favorites that come to mind.

V for Vendetta: Loads of violence (which personally I don't mind in a good movie >_> <_< ), but it made me think. I love movies that make me think.

Star Wars Episode 3: ...Why not? :D It's Star Wars!...I just pretend to forget episodes 1 and 2 ever happened though. Return of the Jedi is still the best.

aaaand...

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: Amazing movie for a good laugh or two. Features Hugo Weaving, one of my favorite actors. You may want to look up the subject matter on your own though, definitely not a kids movie ;)
  11. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Have you seen The Ringer? This is a fantastic movie. I have probably watched it 10 times and still am not tired of it.

Of couse my older movie that has been my favorite of all times is Tombstone!!!

Hope your staph infections clears up soon.

God Bless
    singingirl
  12. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

My all time favorite two are old ones. Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby. No one can sing White Chistmas like him. The other one is Brian's Song (the orginal one). That one can still make me cry and that is the only movie I have ever cried over. lol.......SueF
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

14. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Man of the Year with Robin Williams

its funny but not his best

If you are into Deep Heavy Thinking ,I loved his movie "What Dreams will come" because I related to his wifes mental breakdown.