OT-my son's football team won his league title

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Nov 12, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i made it to the game, i am still flaring. oh well.

now on the football they have to get seeded in for north coast section. then if they win they play other teams from other parts of california, down in L.A. home depot center. 12/16/06.

i need to try to finish my term paper. it is only supposed to be 5-8 pages. and i revised it down to 3 1/2 pages. and then i need to put in 50% of those pages research. then the final 25% summarization what i experienced based on my life compared to the research.

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Jodie. Be sure to post it here so we can all benefit from your efforts. (I'll be happy to proofread it. Just have your secretary type it out.)

Been a long time since I was in school. Is it still true that the best way to get a good grade is to paperclip a $20 bill to your paper?

Haha. That sounds like something MrDad would say.
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had a question for you, if cody's team has the chance to compete for state title it will be at the Home Depot Center in carson. what football team plays there?

i am assuming it is a pro field. is it a covered dome?

i still need to finish up that term paper. i had to take some excedrine migraine just to get a little relief.

then i will work on it later.

are you serious you would be willing to proofread for me?

my son is really good at grammar. and thank goodness for grammer check.
    i'm just worried about my presentation of the introduction of it. i know i can print it out and the teacher said she would be willing to meet w/students during her student hours.

got to go.

thank you

jodie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i figure turning anything in is better than nothing. and i have the download of the apa style format that it is getting printed off from. and the spell check and grammar check comes up as well..

jodie
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa! Cody!

Marta
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

69mach1:

Hey, good news, but take care of that flare now.
    I hope you feel much better soon.

nyrofan
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he still has another year of high school. i called his dad today he said he ordered his varsity coat. 500.00 dollars. he will get it in 6 weeks. so he still has more track and football.

marta i am going to save to put him through u of m football camp this summer. he went there a couple years ago. they have alot of college scouts at the camps.

i would love him to play for u of m. but not sure if football is on his college list of things to do.

we'll see what next year brings. he already had college tuition and books plus monthly stipend paid for from va here in california. and every state has different benefits for dependants of disabled vets.

so his big mouth father told cody about it some years back.

so he isn't worried about how college will be paid for.

jodie
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

How neat...I'm so so so glad you could make it to the game...and hope you feel up to the next one, too!

I have a suggestion about your paper: I like to look back at the ending of my papers, then rewrite the beginning so they "connect" and then the paper feels complete and at least gives the impression I had a goal and then accomplished it in the paper.

Run your grammar by a friend or fellow student, everyone likes to be helpful, I've found, and they feel good by being asked, ok?

Good luck!
    findmind
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have spell check and grammar check w/the windows. so far so good. and then i will have my son proofread it. the teacher will even go over my paper as well.

this an apa style research paper, not mla. so it is a little different but i downloaded the format to make it easier to make less mistates. and so far ok.

i just need to make sure i do what the teacher wants out of the paper. friday night i stayed home and i did 5 pages of the 25% personal stuff. too much so i had to re-edit it.

well it will fall together.

donieal-sorry about your son's school. but there are always student loans as we both know. i just hate to see a person go to college and have to work like i did when i was in my late teens.

parents wouldn't pay or help w/a penny. didn't qualify for financial aid. etc.

so i worked full time and went to school full time. so difficult.

cody's for game is thanksgivng weekend on saturday, 11/25/06.

so he has practice this week and next. they are number one seeded. i just recieved an email about it.

also they are having a team dinner and wanted people to volunteer food and time. i don't know if i can do that time. maybe i will help out. i have a hair appointment that day.maybe i can have a friend come help us out too.

jodie
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I never heard of the Home Depot Center before. I searched. It is a 125 acre complex that cost 150 million dollars. Don't know if it's a covered dome.

Apparently next to a branch of Cal State University, it is used by all kinds of teams including Olympic. I tried to cut and paste the URL, but it wouldn't work.

Just search for Home Depot Center. You can call or e mail for more info.

Yes, I am serious about proofreading, but I didn't really think you would want to type it here. But maybe you can scan it?

You are amazing. I don't how anyone w/ these DDs can do what you do. Cody sounds like a great kid; he is lucky to have such a wonderful mom.
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i tried to google it myself. but maybe i was too darn tired to see straight yesterday.

if cody's team goes all the way, that is were i will be on 12/16/.

i don't know if i will be driving or flying. i can't imagine driving and sitting for that time in a car.

you never know i maybe able to get a decent plane fair ticket.

the football tickets for the cif bowl are only $15.00 better than what i thought they would be.

as for posting my paper it is really about my exhb and his conditions. cody and i just have/had to live with him and all of his nonsense. and i just worry some everytime cody goes to his fathers but maybe that is what helps him stay grounded from time to time.

i have nothing to hide you and i both know about toxic and dysfunctional family members. i just think i am getting a little wiser from it.

gordon is lucky to have you in his life.

love always

jodie

p.s. i don't have your email address. but sometime we can do that.

12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it doesn't appear to be enclosed.

that's ok that is what umbrellas are for.

i need to get ready for my math class it starts at noon.

i'm in my jammie's still. this rainy weather knocks me out. well not all the way. i need to find a man that happens to be a massage therapist/dr/dentist/manicurist/weight trainer and of course a psychologist. do you think my standards are too high? i left out the chef and house keeper.lol

maybe in my next life. but i am going to try finding it now. i have learned to not take scraps when you can get the whole thing.

i think i met certain people in my life for a reason.

jodie
  13. boltchik

boltchik New Member

How wonderful for your son, that is exciting! I love to hear the good news that comes from people on this board. I am also a proud sports Mom, supporting soccer and dance! It is so much fun! Good luck on your schoolwork, you are quite busy! Take care, Kim :)