OT: Need Easter basket filler suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Apr 14, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm having some major fog and need some suggestions on what to put into my girl's Easter baskets. They are 11 years old (twins). I know that's kind of old for Easter baskets, but I remember getting them even in high school, and I liked it.

So far, I've gotten one book for each. I'm figuring a bit of candy, too (of course!). They already have tons of hair do-dads that they never wear. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    Katy
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

and I love to put bracelets.. and little pieces of jewelery in it.. I also like to put lip gloss or yummy smelling chapsticks in it.

Disposable cameras and stickers and scrapbook pages too..

ok so there my girls are spoiled lol...
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

How about a small cross necklace for each. They don't have to be expensive and it would be a symbol of what the holiday really is about.

My girls liked little picture frames, they started getting lots of school pictures of friends at that age, although my youngest likes herself best and used most of them for her own pics!

Little nail care sets with the clippers, file, emory boards and such. No nail polish if you don't want them to wear it, but they would learn how to take care of their nails.

Maybe a $10 gift card to Wal-Mart so they could go shopping.

Hope that helps.

By-the-way, my girls are 21 and 28 and they will be getting Easter baskets. My mom still does one for me if she remembers. She has alzheimer's so sometimes these sort of things slip her mind. I will do one for her though!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

pretty or funny socks, and my grandfather always gave me and my sister a pansy plant...we kept them in our rooms for a couple of weeks then set them out...a flower is such a pretty reminder of Easter.

My sons are 37, 35, and 30..I still send them a big chocolate rabbit...now I have wives to give something to, usually a small box of nice chocolate decorated for Easter, and grandchildren get little chocolate rabbits.

Jana
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I love all your suggestions!!! Thank you so much!!

Do you guys still hide the baskets (for the younger kids, not the adults!!)?

Do you use that cellophane nest stuff? Any ideas on other things to "nest" the goodies in?

Thanks for sharing the info that you still do baskets for your older kids. That's so fun.

You guys are awesome!
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We've never hidden the baskets, just left them in the living room.

I hate that grass they sell in the stores! If the dog or cat eat it it can kill them.

Do you have a paper shredder? I used pastel colored paper and put it through the shredder and used that. It was pretty. One year I used bright colored paper and I think the kids liked it better.

I love the cellophane! It just makes it so festive!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  7. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Katy:

Some things I used to do when my stepchildren were young.

Nail polish, nail files, cute socks, wallets, change purses,
    gift card Blockbuster, Macdonalds Burger King etc.Movie Theatre.
    CD's, jewelry, disposable camera's, frames, photo albums, diaries, pens,highlighters, body lotions, soaps, lip gloss.
    Handheld games, puzzles, scrapbook supplies with a blank book.
    If they like crafts, go to Michaels, you can always find things. Also the dollar stores have lots of pens and notes pads etc. Walgreens same thing.
    T-shirts or tops (roll them up and tie with a ribbon)

For boys:
    Handheld games, marbles, balls, gift cards, models, planes
    t-shirt, cars, and some of the same things as I suggested for girls. My stepson was harder to buy for and I made them baskets until adulthood.

For guests:
    Take a small clear plastic drinking glass. Poke hole on top on each side, and put a pipe cleaner in and twist it to hold it in. Fill with grass and jelly beans and candy. On the outside use Easter stickers. Write the persons name on it and that can be used at their place setting.

Happy Easter.

M J
  8. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

My Aunt always put a combination of candy and little lip glosses (for little girls), nail polish (if you them wear it), pretty nail files, pretty little earrings, and I always got a cross necklace, bracelets. I was really into jewelry (still am) and girly things so I always looked forward to getting my Easter basket.

My Aunt put some of my jewelry and little stuff in plastic easter eggs. That was always fun to open each little easter egg, and dig through the basket for my gifts. I never knew what I was going to get.

I got an Easter basket up until a couple of years ago, and I am 29!

Happy Easter!!

Deena
  9. TFD

TFD New Member

I still get my 25 year old daughter, my 21 year old son and my 54 year old husband Easter baskets. Here are a few things I've done in the past..

Finger Nail Polish
    Makeup (even when my daughter was young, lip balm.
    Body Lotions
    Videos
    Fishing lures
    Stationary
    Gift Cards
    Bath salts
    perfume
    Golf Tees & Balls
    Gift Cert.

to name a few...and of course, candy.

Hope this helps!

Tammie
  10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thank you all so much for the wonderful ideas! I'm printing this out and hitting the store on the way home from work.

Hope all your Easter baskets are filled with fun stuff, too!!