OT Need Help Huge Mosquito Bite

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Jul 31, 2008.

LISALOO New Member

I've been getting mosquito bites all summer, but now I have one on the back of my leg, felt myself get bit two nights ago.

Now it's about 4" x4", and getting bigger, I've used hydrocortisone, took benadryl. Nothing helps, any advice?
  2. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

Can you take a picture of it? I'm wondering if it's a lyme rash.

You can google rashes or bites to see if it looks similar.

Just to be safe...
  3. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

...it's a mosquito bite? Sounds like something else, unless you're having an allergic reaction because of too many bites. I would google pictures of bug bites and try to make a match. (or spider bite?)

Did you try a baking soda paste? Just mix baking soda and water so it's pasty and spread over the area. It certainly couldn't hurt anything.

Keep us posted.

LISALOO New Member

I was outside at 11pm and felt a sting. The area itches like a dang mosquito bite and the color is even all over, the bite you can feel on one side. That makes me think it's a mosquito and not lyme tic. Plus it's on my upper thigh and I was standing the entire time.

I put the picture up, it's hard to take one of your leg. The red spot is where I got bit and scratched.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2008]
  5. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Might I suggest this since it works for me and I'm super allergic to mosquito bites ( got a lot in GA): Soak a gauze pad in Witch Hazel and sit or lay with the pad on your leg for a while. It takes the fire and itch out of the bites. Just really soak the gauze and keep it wet while it's on your leg.

LISALOO New Member

thanks, I'll have to check the closets

LISALOO New Member

thanks, will watch for those things, unfortunately as I said to my hubby, simptoms to look out for sometimes kinda match CFS - fever, pain.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2008]
  8. hensue

hensue New Member

I have seen so much of this year it is scary!
  9. lea

lea Member

you may get tested for or checked out for Lyme Disease.
  10. pasara

pasara New Member

Apis Mel is a homeopathic remedy that is really helpful with bites and stings.