OT-Need help with income ideas. Desperate!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Dec 31, 2005.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Do anyone know jobs THAT WORK that one can do from home? Something you did yourself, not a scam or bogus deal. I need to get off the DSHS route and all the impossible demands they have (to make their paperwork look good?).
    They really don't know what to do with you while you wait and look for the help yopu need with your (sometimes undiagnosed) illness. I can't do what they ask me to do because I am seriously to sick to, but there must be something I can do from home, on my own terms??? Please, if you know anything, give me a reply. I am one of those who worked too much, too hard and never took time off. I can't do that anymore, my mind wants to, but my body don't. You all know the deal.
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm sorry you are having all these problems.
    Working is a hard one for me too, as I'm ill also.

I opened up an estore on line with WAHM (work at home moms). I taught myself to sew and I'm glad I did but..I've been to sick to make anything lately.

The store costs me $7.00 a month to keep it open-you work at your own pace. I'm not getting rich but it does bring some money in:) If you plan on making enough money to pay bills you will have to work hard at this.

The trick is to find something to sale and add your special touch to it. Maybe you are good at making hair bows? It is best to make whatever you are going to sale. Don't depend on others. Make it small and light weight for shipping. It is best if it fits in the Prioity Mails smallest box. This will save you a ton of money-shipping costs are a big loss in the online stores.

I'm trying to share with you the biggest lessons I've learned in running an online store for about 1 1/2 years now.

Take care and Happy New Year!
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2005]
  3. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

www.wahm.com is a great site to go to for help with finding a job out of your home. They also list businesses you can get into. The people there are always happy to help you with whatever. Go to their message boards and then to telecommuting jobs and read the first couple of posts for the job listings and then read all the others. There is a lot of info there. And yes nti is a great one too.
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Thank you all! You are an unvaluable source!

Many New Year hugs

Lena
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

$200-300.00/month is all I need to get around. Have anyone tried to become an ebay seller?