"OT" Need Quick Easy Chicken Pot Pie, PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Sep 5, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I know there is a post somewhere with many quick recipes but I'm looking for quick dish for (1) with these ingredients:

1 piece chicken breast, cream chicken soup, or celery soup, frozen peas/carrots and bisquick.

Help???

any quick easy ideas???

Thank you ALL,

BlueSky555
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I don't have one but go there they have plenty.Thats were I get my reciepies for bisquick.

Sue
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

How about this one.

2 cn VegAll
    1 cn Cream of celery soup
    1 cn Cream of chicken soup
    2 lg Cans white chunk chicken
    2 Deep dish pie shells

Add all ingredients together and mix. Pour into deep dish pie shell. Put other pie shell on top and seal around the edges. Cook 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve and enjoy!

Love, Ann
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

WONDERFUL!!!

Thank you both so much; suzetal, I looked at bisquick and found some recipes to try.

Also, aeronsmom, I like this one; looks super easy; I think I'll cook my chicken and try to Dr. up this one to fit what I have now but will get these ingredients when I go grocery shopping. It does look so simple.

Yummy!

WOW, turned TV on to Foodnetwork and she is cooking "chicken mug pie" or something like that; same as pot pie, loL!

BlueSky555
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Here's one:

1-2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, cut up
    1 can Cream of Potato Soup, with 1 can milk
    1 can Cream of Celery Soup, with 1/2 - 1 can milk*
    dried minced onions, or 1 fresh diced onion
    1 can peas, drained
    1 can carrots, drained
    salt and pepper - to taste

Bake in 350 oven until good and bubbly.

NEXT:
    Bake a pan of Grands buttermilk bisquits according to directions.

TO SERVE:
    Cut bisquit in half and dish pot pie on top of each half.

or

Set bisquits on top of pot pie just before serving, and let everyone dish out their own portion.

-----------

* If your mixture looks like there is too much milk and you think it might be "too thin" compared to what vegetable you have in it, you can decrease the amount of milk that you add.

6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you ALL so much for the "quick" recipes. I was in such a hurry but pulled it off; I just craved that chicken pot pie, lol!

I'm glad I posted this because I saved and printed out all of these recipes and plan to try them all. I don't know about all of you but when I begin to crave something, it will last for a while, then I will get tired of it.

I'm also sorry that I didn't get back sooner but got on last night and couldn't stay awake.

sassy2, those apples surely did look good; did you make any of them? I just love those cooking shows.

Again, thank you ALL!

BlueSky555
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love pot pies I'm saveing this post Thanks
  8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I've been craving it since I read this post and went to the Bisquick website for the super easy recipe.

Can't wait.

Thanks for posting this. I could use a little comfort food.

Sue in Ontario
  9. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

1. Go to grocery store freezer section.
    2. Place frozen chicken pot pie in your cart.
    3. Return home & put it in your oven following package directions.
    4. When timer goes off on oven.....enjoy!
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

MMM I know that craving. Our local whole foods bakery sells both chicken and turkey pot pies made from scratch and organic ingredients for $4.50 a pie but they are pretty large, enough really for two. They also make a soup now and then called Chicken Pot pie Soup, that they serve with a biscuit. Taste is very similar.

They also make the best Spanokopita and a bunch of other healthful foods, soups and veggie dishes. It is a sit in or take out deli. Their bread is wonderful too and they sell their dayold half price.

One of the perks of living here.

Love Anne
  11. sascha

sascha Member

sorry- couldn't resist- it certainly is the easiest chicken pot pie i can think of- but you want a genuine cooking experience.

i've started cooking roasts that last for days. that way, it cuts way down on meal preparation. sascha
  12. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

OK, PLEASE don't get upset because I brought this back. I wanted to thank everyone that I didn't thank for their recipes for the pot pies.

lucysmom2, cromwell, and sascha had the most simple recipes, LOL. I thought they were cute. Buy, heat and serve.

If you have tried these recipes, I'm sure you found them to be very good. I tried 2 of them.

Another "tasty" item to add is a dash of nutmeg. It makes the pot pie taste like Thanksgiving; seriously.

No matter which you make, just add a little, except of course the 3 simplest ones, LOL!

Again, thank you all for these,

BlueSky555