OT: Need tips on romantic ways to give my wife a new ring???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gamecockfan04, May 8, 2006.

1. gamecockfan04

gamecockfan04 New Member

OK, my wife and I had our 6th anniversary on April 30th, but I had surgery on 4/26 to repair a Hernia in my groin(ouch) and was not up to (no pun intended, lol) doing anything and actually just made it back to work today. I got her a new wedding band today, because the old one doesnt fit good anymore and she said she liked the look of a wider band with her engagement ring. So, I want to give it to her on Mothers Day as a Anniversary/Mothers Day present, but need help on a good way to surprise her with it, so help me out please!!!
  2. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I am impressed that you heard what she said about the wider band. Very well done!

I am out of creative ideas for ways to present it...my husband put one on a stuffed animal for me once.
    Not matter how you wrap or present it she will be thrilled that you listened to what she said she liked.

Maybe someone else will have some creative ideas for you.
    Best wishes
  3. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

On your Anniversary... (Mine was April 29th and 6 yrs also!)

I kind of like the chocolates in a wrapped box idea.

I also thought of one...you could go get a 'prize' out of the bubblegum machines at one of the stores near you, take out what's inside the bubble thingy and replace it with the ring, then give the bubble thing to her and tell her it's all you could afford. LOL
    She'll figure it out really fast that it's the real deal. ;)
  4. gamecockfan04

gamecockfan04 New Member

Thanks for all the replies and keep em' coming!!!
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

When hubby proposed he did it in an unusual way. It was Christmas Eve. He came to my house with a bunch of gifts, all wrapped. First he gave me a small box...the ring box...with a "rock" in it, from his garden. LOL

The next gift was a bath sponge in the shape of a bunch of grapes. (I was always locking myself in his bathroom soaking in his tub, and my favorite color is purple.)

He had opened the cellphane on the sponge, placed the ring on the stem, and reclosed the wrap.

Took a couple of minutes for me to see the sparkle from the ring and realize what it was.

Then he went and got my Mom to witness the proposal. (I was living with my parents at the time.)

How romantic!

We were married on April 5, 1997.

Your wife is lucky to have a man who really cares about the "little" things...like presentation. And to care enough to come on this board to learn about her DDs. You must really love her.

God Bless.
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

This way, your kids can "help" with Daddy's surprise, but you don't actually have to tell them about the ring until the last minute so that you don't give them the opportunity to "accidentally" tell Mommy what Daddy got her!

The absolute mushiest mush heartmelting of all time for me is seeing my girls with their Daddy.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  7. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I think the ring and flowers is a great idea. Kids are always so excited to do something special for Mom or Dad that their excitement will make it that much more special for your wife.

If she feels like it and you can manage to arrange brunch at a restaurant, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help out in the surprise also! You would just need to get the flowers and ring to them the evening before.

Best Wishes!
    Pam
  8. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I have to say, with all the ideas already here... I got all mushy inside just thinking about it and reading what you said as well.

I really like the flower and ribbon idea too. I know that if and when I do get proposed to I would love it if it had something to do with how my boyfriend and I originally met. I don't know if that is possible for you but I think that would be so romantic. Or since you are going to give it to her on Mother's day, you could bring her breakfast in bed and instead of a pat of butter on top of her toast, you could put the ring there to see if she notices... I think that would be romantic. Or the same idea if you were to take her out to brunch, have the chef do that idea.

Good luck!
    Shananegans
  9. gamecockfan04

gamecockfan04 New Member

Im also going to get her one of the Memory Foam pillows as a gift to her from the kids along with getting them to color some cards for her, so maybe I could think of a way to link the ring with the Pillow, or something? All I gotta say is she better like all the trouble Im going through for this moment, lol. Maybe I'll gt rewarded, WooHoo!!
  10. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I would try to draw on how you proposed at the beginning and gave her the first ring...this shows you remember how special the memory is for you too and us women love that kind of mush... :) Only you know how you did this so...

I was thinking- (if it's not too hard for you - I assume you have CFS or Fibro)- that you could do a little treasure hunt of clues...make the clues little love letters, recollections of special times you've shared together over the years, what she means to you, what you love about her, thanks her for things she has done for you....with each clue plant a little gift...maybe try to relate each gift to the clues as you go along eg you could have a note that reads something like 'You are beautiful to me' and put a red rose with it or her favourite flower...etc you could use things like photographs, chocolates and just little things you know she likes...if you have kids thank her for giving you such beautifu children as one of the clues...if you have anything like bootees etc or a bib put that with the clue...

When she gets to the last clue say the thing that means most to you ...you could write something like 'I love you more than ever...' and get her something like her favourite perfume...she'll think 'Wow! My favourite perfume' and then have the ring in the lid of the perfume...if she doesn't spray straight away ask her to put some on cos it makes her smell so good etc..when she opens it the ring will come out! Da da!! Surprise!!

Well, that's the best I can do!! Shelbo

11. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I think she will be very surprised and happy no matter what you do. If my husband ever bought me a surprise, even one rose, I would die of a heart attack anyway. That is sweet.
  12. shelbo

shelbo New Member

the original proposal setting/method etc... :)
    I think that's the way to go!!
  13. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

getting her the memory foam pillow...I would make a card that says somethign to the effect of 'Thanks for the precious memories, I look forward to making more with you" and make the pillow a "Ring bearer" pillow...and give her the poem/card with it.
  14. gamecockfan04

gamecockfan04 New Member

Since this is not an engagement ring and just the wedding band, it would be great to have say my son bring the pillow to her just like at the wedding with the ring on top. Then I could take the ring off and slip it on her finger and say something mushy like part of the vows again(traditional). I should get some big time points for this (although Im doing it because I Love my Wife and want too make her happy)!!!
  15. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Take her to her favorite Restaurant and order Wine or her favorite drink, before Dinner.Then put the ring in the glass of wine when she isn't looking.When she finds it,EVERYTHING else will taste better---including YOU!!!!
    Have fun
    Shirley
  16. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

This isn't romantic but it was soooo cute.

My uncle bought my aunt a coffee maker!!! She was so disappointed and it was in front of everyone. He insisted that she go try it out as HE is a big coffee drinker. So she did, and inside the filter/coffee area was the ring box. My poor aunt nearly had heart failure.

It was really neat, cuz my uncle didn't have a romantic bone in his body,.....or so we all thought.

Maia

I wouldn't care how it came, personally, I would just be happy the thought and love went into it.
  17. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This is so sweet.When my husband poposed to me 33 years ago he took me out for breakfast(picked me up at my parents) to a big boy's and afterwards drove to the mall and got the ring.What makes my story is, this pass year 33years later, we were back home and got up for breakfast at that same big boys.Afterwards he went back to the same mall and got me a 1k princess cut diamond with diamonds around the stone and on the band.My dream ring.We could not afford it back then ,LOL we cant aford it now, but our credit is much better.lol I had been going thu alot of stressful things and lost my dad a few months before and he just wanted to let me know hed do it all over again 33 years later.I'm glad he didnt wait till our 50th wedding Adv.
    Your wife will love that you are so sentimental. Try tieing a beautiful ribbon maybe the color that was in your wedding with a long stem Red Rose, around the pillow you get with the ring hanging from the ribbon.Buy a satin ribbon about 1 inch thick.If she has long hair she can use it as a head band later she will remember everytime she sees a ribbon how special you tried to make it.