OT: New Game: Where in the World was this photo taken?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Aug 13, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I haven't posted a new game in a while.
    As usual, click on my profile to see the photo.

Kholmes
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Dncnfngrs: Maybe that's the problem. I'll check.
    Honora: Glad you're glad to see the game back! I haven't been on as much lately. But feel free to request a game anytime!

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2006]
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Great guess! But you'll have to be much more specific than that.

Kholmes
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well after calling Kashmir, Cashmere, dare I post again!!!!!

I have no idea where this is but what a lovely photo. Isn't nature great.

Will be interested to see. I should show Dan as those sort of formations are his field.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have seen this on the History Channel is it the Antelope Canyon in Arizona?

I remember because it is so beautiful!

Thanks,

Karen :)
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I have had ME/CFIDS since the late 1980s and for almost two years now, have been completely disabled and largely housebound by it. While I once used to hike in places such as that in the photo, I now need a wheelchair to go anywhere.

For many of us with severe Fibromyalgia or ME/CFIDS, Off Topic posts can provide things as essential as medical information: laughter, humor, warmth, updates on how we are doing personally, thoughtful reflection. They can also provide a connection with others that can be woefully lacking for those of us who are housebound or bedridden.

For me and many others on the board, this geography game provides a glimpse of natural beauty and a way to escape, at least for a little while, the extreme limitations, frustrations, and dismal physical ailments that these illnesses impose on us.

This is as much a community and support ("Immune Support") board as it is an information board.

Please ignore all OT posts if you don't find them relevant.

Kholmes

[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Congratulations, Karen! It is Antelope Canyon. It's near Page, in far northern Arizona, just south of Lake Powell. You have to hire a Navajo guide to explore it, since it's on the Navajo Nation (which Lukro correctly identified). It has to be one of the most beautiful canyons in the world.

Thanks for playing!

Kholmes

8. kjfms

kjfms Member

and did not do a search...a first for me...LOL

Ken,

I just want to thank you for doing this game I for one always enjoy it. I also agree with every thing you said in the above post. I am so sorry that you and many other her can not get out of you homes.

I have FMS and work part time on my off time I do study and spend my time in bed and here.

This board is great therapy for me and others. I particularly love the OT games being the competitive trivia nut that I am...LOL

So thank you very much,

9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I do indeed intend to keep the game going.

But only places you've been?
    THAT might be a tall order. You've been everywhere!

I've been off for a while because we've had some company lately; good friends visiting.

By the way, I saw another neat Bollywood film called SWADES (WE THE PEOPLE) and thought of you. It's long (2 hours) but is beautifully done. Check it out on IMDB.com.

Namaste, my friend.
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Very kind words; and I'm impressed that you recognized it.

Kholmes
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It does look like a Utah canyon; there are quite a few canyons in southern Utah that look a lot like Antelope.

And I'll bet there are a lot in the middle east (i.e. Petra) that look very similar.

Thanks for joining the game, and I hope you're doing well.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2006]
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

you are very welcome. I have to admit I am rather proud of myself for not doing a search it will probably never happen again-I haven't traveled very much...LOL

Thanks,

13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

up, and now I find a game has come and gone w/o me. Isn't that just the way life goes. And for once I was sure it wasn't Tibet.

Actually I thought it might be North Africa.

Glad you started this game, Ken. Re: this month's book, I am waiting for the library to produce same.

Was at the library y-day. Book sale in progress. Bought a dozen paperback books for $1.20. When did you last buy something for ten cents?
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Did I say 2 hours? I actually meant 3 hours!
    My two favorite Bollywood films are LAGAAN (3 and 1/2 hours) and SWADES. I rent all sorts of films on Netflix.

It was great to have friends over. I was very glad I was up for the company, but it took a lot out of me.

Learning Hindi? I like that idea. How about some conversational words. Hello, goodbye, where is the bathroom? How much is the chapati? Is that spicy or mild?

KH
  15. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Hope you had a good nap. Sorry you missed the game.

I just got my library copy of THE LIFE OF PI yesterday.

Hope you found some good paperbacks. A dime each, no less. That's fantastic. Any good titles?

Kholmes

16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Just wanted to let you know that although I always miss the fun (Europe time) I still enjoy looking at the pictures you find to post in this game.

It's amazing to get our minds working on something fun for a change instead of trying to find the word for....you know,.....that thingy!!

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  17. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I have no idea where this is but I love to read all the guesses. I am most impressed with your no. of posts. Your next will be no. 1000. Keep up the good work. I love to read your posts,

Arlene
  18. ckball

ckball New Member

I missed the game because once again this week (4 times) I have had no phone service. Living in the country has it's positives but I guess the string on my tin cans need to be upgraded.

It almost looks like a painting, the person looks more painted in. Where do you find these wonderful places. I know once you posted your favorite websites, but I didn't write it down.

I look forward to a new game soon, Thanks Carla

19. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Nancy B: Glad you enjoy the photos. Where in Europe are you? I'll have to post a game in the late morning sometime, to match European prime time.

Arlene: Just wrote my 1000th post! Thanks!

Carla: I've had the good fortune to have travelled to a lot of beautiful places. I also found a beautiful book at the library called A THOUSAND PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE (or something like that). I also type in names of places on Google Images and find beautiful images that I like.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

Broke the board 1000 posts.Thanks for the pointers, as a artist I am always looking for inspiration.

Honora the last post shows 10:13 am, yet you posted at 2 something. It's 6:30 est . what do you suppose happened. Carla