OT: New necklace in profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Oct 27, 2006.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Well howdy, everyone.
    I know it doesn't look like much, but it's my first necklace attempt with GROWNUP materials! *gasp* Only after I was finished did I realize I didn't have quite all the parts I needed yet, but that's okay.

I'm not sure it's safe for public wear yet because I only handtied the knots and it's beading wire, but I'll fix that part in a few days, or whenever I get to the craft store again.

I was just so excited I finally made a real one that I had to share it :D

Now...if only school would grade on getting a necklace made and actually washing up dishes without being asked...
  2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Aww, thanks, Livn. Well, I was going to make some for gifts, but I think I'm only going to make one like that for my gramma for Christmas, because good beads get pricy O_O But I make hemp necklaces as well, and I'll probably make those for my friends and my cousin.

It's really hard though, because I would almost HAVE to make a necklace with beads that I DON'T like because I get attached to all of them ;)

I have to blame my mum for making me start jewelry-making. She wanted me to do SOMETHING besides sleep all day so she got me one of those 5$ hemp necklace kits at Wal-Mart and well...let's just say I had a TON of fun and went out and bought my own stuff that following weekend.
  3. mindbender

mindbender New Member

How can you sleep all day with all the stuff you have going on? (profile). Are those fancy beeds or are they really chocolate chip cookies?

Just reading all that stuff on your Bio wore me out. Now I'll need a nap, thanks.

You may not believe this but I know what you meen about how you feel when you listen to Apocoliptus.(sp) I'm 41 now but I get that way listening to Mega Deth, continuosly.

Keep up the good work. How do you find the energy?

mind
    .........b
    ...........e
    .............n
    .............d
    ...........e
    .........r
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Ahaha, they are really just fancy beads. I would've been upset had they been chocolate chip cookies. ;)

Hm, energy. Well, a lot of the stuff on my profile is stuff that I WANT to do, so it's always a lot easier to make time/energy for things like that. Except for the filmmaking. The last one I made for my dad's birthday took me over nine hours and I had to cut it short because I was getting too tired to go on. A lot of it too is stuff I can do at night quietly when I can't sleep and everyone else can. The bad part about the writing tho is I'll get so wrapped up in it and just keep going and going until *ding* it's 4 AM. Oh noes. I like to keep myself busy tho, I hate sitting still.

I think if I ever lose mobility in my hands that will be the end, really. As long as I can keep myself occupied, I'm pretty happy.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looks like the kind of jewelry they sell in trendy boutiques.

Do you ever go to Thrift stores? They sell lots of cheap bangles and beads. (That's an old song.)

Could give you the raw materials to turn into your own creations.
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Rockgor, I loooove thrift stores. They have lots of nice big fluffy sweaters and so on. That being said, I never thought of buying old necklaces and so on there. As a matter of fact, I'm going to a thrift store tomorrow to buy parts for my halloween costume...hmm...thanks! :D