OT: New picture of son in doublet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wish_to_be_healthy, Oct 31, 2006.

1. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Hey folks,

Finished the doublet at 6:00pm...Pants didn't get finshed, but some warm leggings, and a long chemise/shirt worked fine...

Now I have till next August to finish his costume, when the Renaissance Fair comes round...

Going for a much needed Epsom salt bath, Ah.....

Suz

Thanks again for your support...Your posts helped me feel grounded...Will post more later (Hugs)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2006]
  2. jole

jole Member

Great job! You have much more talent than I have, for sure. Lots of love involved!
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

great costume & great sewing job!

all the best,
    Victoria

4. wish_to_be_healthy

I'm glad that I got it doublet done...that was the thing he really wanted, that and his sword that he got on ebay : )

I am really tired after a week of pushing thru to get it done...I hurt all over, and my brain isn't working too well, but my son was really happy...so I'm glad for that.

There are so many things regular "Mommy" things that I'm not involved with becasue of my health, that I really wanted to do this for him.

My husband is into sci-fi and fantasy books...so he really liked it, but he said he'd feel self conscious wearing a costume...even though he likes looking at this stuff, and going to the Renaissance Festival...He's kind of shy about these things.

Anyway...I'm rambling...Brain is tired...

Suz
  5. wish_to_be_healthy

...Was responding to your posts and my computer dropped it...Bummer when you are tired and wrote a bunch...

Will get back to that in a while...Thanks.
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

Look at that detail on the doublet! No wonder you're wiped out.

Take care of yourself.

Callum
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

costumes online, if you can keep up w/the orders. and your body can handle it.

jodie
  8. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

for a handsome son. Beautiful work, and it will be outstanding for a Renaissance Fair. Thanks for sharing.
  9. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Wow Wish!

What a wonderful doublet. What kind of material is it made of? Your son looks perfect with his blonde curls!

I used to do a lot of sewing at one time, did alterations for people out of my home when the children were small. I wore my sewing machine out.

I would love to get another one but hestiate to spend the money since my neck and shoulders and also my eyes aren't happy with close work anymore.

When my children were small I loved making costumes for Halloween. The kitten costume of of orange and black fur remenant with a cool tail to wag!

I made my daughter a princess dress out of an old dress of gold fabric that her Gran used to wear. The dress had the slashed sleeves with the contrasting fabric pulled through like the Ladies wore back in the old days. She would have looked great with your son in his doublet and sword! LOL (It poured rain that Halloween so the raincoat and rubber boots took away some of the effect, LOL)

My son had a beautiful Ninja Turtle suit I made for him for fun. Had a wonderful time making a stuff shell and criss cross bands over his chest to wear his shell!

Thanks for posting and reminding me of the wonderful fun I had when my children were small!

hugs Redwillow
  10. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I used to sew my kiddos costumes when they were little. It's so rewarding and so much fun. You do lovely work.

Sees
  11. wish_to_be_healthy

Callum...Thanks for appriecating the detail...There are dark brown and rust colored leaves embroydered as well as the gold ones on the fabric...it looks like leather, but it's not. Each of the tabs has leaves on them (the ones in front are the easiest to see in the pic)...The inside is lined in brown corduroy...the britches are the same fabric, but I won't be working on them now till after the new year!

And Yes, the epsom salt bath was great!!!!

Jodie, I once wanted to sell these, and I did custom work, mostly bridal... I think if I took on a project to sell online, it would be something smaller like funky bags, or hats.

I love how the finished project looks, but right now, it is hard to do with my level of health...maybe I can again someday, if I get healthier.

Star, thanks for posting! I think my boy is pretty great looking...(both of them are...but I'm a bit biased ; )He's been growing out his hair like his dad...I cut his bangs, knowing he was going to dress like this for Halloween, and to keep his hair out of his eyes!

It's hard to see the little one in this pic. He's got white blond short hair...He's kind of hidden under an IKEA Rooster costume...well, just the hood...

I'll post another of both of them soon.

Redwillow, This is the first costume I have made the older one since the birth of his younger brother...so about 5 yrs...It is hard to do all of that handwork, and bending over the sewing machine w/this DD!!!!

It was nice to read about your sewing and costumes...My mother was telling me today that they didn't get many kids this year, and that they weren't dressed up in costumes...When I was little, my mother one year made all 3 of us girls rabbit costumes...I wanted to do that for my boys...make them costumes.

In CA when the older one was 4-5 I made him an Angel costume with great feathery wings...he has white curly hair...I wanted to dress the younger one like that, but he has Autism Spectrum, and is particular about stuff...I don't think he would go for the wings being on his back, but he sure would look cute!

Sees, Thanks for the kuddos! I'm glad it brought back some good memories : )

Suz