OT: New Update on Katemac/Any Day now!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Jan 25, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!!!!!!!!!!

Okay just got back from OB and he said it really is any time now.

He said it could be tonight or it could be next Wednesday!

This is soooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and love!!! I couldn't have made it without you guys!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

kate
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Kate,
    That's so exciting! Hang in there. With all the good thoughts and prayer from this board, you should breeze through it all.

Wishing you the best
    Kathy.
  3. bphayes

bphayes New Member

YIPPPEEE!!!! ENJOY IT!!! it flies by. my baby is 6, my oldest 12 and somewhere in there i have a 9 year old. i can remember the day they were born like it was yesterday.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

This is so exciting. You must be dilating more. It is going to be one of the highlights of your life when your son is born. It is just incredible when you see their face the first time, knowing you brought them into the world.

Continued thoughts and prayers,
    Sandyz
  5. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Get your camera ready! You are in for a real treat. You will not believe how you feel the first moment you look at that little darling.

Indescribable!!

Good luck and you know, we all want to see pics!! Make sure that you take lots of them, I just don't think you can take enough. I love the ones I took of them sleeping or of their hands or eyes or feet.

Good luck, keep your jaw relaxed during labor... it somehow helps the contractions work better.

Dani
  6. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Your about to have the most wonderful, indescribably exciting moment of your life!!! I am so excited for you!

Be sure you sit back and enjoy your last little bit of "freedom" with you and hubby though. Babies are high maintenance ;)
  7. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

Hi Kate,

Are you ready to welcome your handsome son to our world?

He'll have a great start in life as he will have a loving
    Mom and Dad :)

Will be thinking of you-remember positive thoughts. God will watch over you and Landon.

(((((((BIG HUG TO YOU, KATE))))))
  8. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

OMG! You guys are just the greatest!!!!

I just want to thank all of you for allowing me to share this special time with each and every one of you!!!

Your love and support throughout my pregnancy has meant so much to me and I really could not have made it through the tough times without you guys!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Okay so now for another update...

I am contracting and they are getting more intense but they are still pretty sporadic. AND...my water has not officially broken either.

I am all set and ready for the hospital when the time comes so that is a relief but I am still a little scared!

But I know whatever I go through in labor, difficult or easy it will all be worth it when I hold Landon for the first time.

We still have some home projects that haven't got finished so hopefull Landon can hold out until Saturday! I know that we will be able to get most of what is left done by then.

There is still the living room to paint and the drywall job to be finished but hopefully those can get done soon!!!

Other than that things are smooth sailing from here on out!

I am trying really really hard to rest but it is soooo difficult!

But my husband took me to Shogun for lunch today and it was a very nice little treat.

LOL It was so funny though because the entire time we were eating all I could think about was that this was going to be our last lunch date for a long time. But I thoroughly enjoyed our "date"!!!

Okay well hubby just served up dinner so I gotta go!

LOVE AND HUGS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kate

9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

with you doing all the hard work, that is. The time seemed to fly by and now you are ready to deliver.

Don't worry about labour or having a hard delivery, you've already been through so much, nothing is going to knock you down at this point, you're a winner.

I used to fear the pain of childbirth so much, but now that I've had FM for so many years, I figure "bring it on", what could be worse.

Jeanne
  10. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

big hugs to you.

What a wonderful thing you are going through.

Try to remember to rest rest rest o.k.?

My sister insisted she had to clean everything in her house right before delivery. Doc said she was just to tired and wanted to know what she did. We told him about the cleaning. He had to use forceps because she was all pooped out. She doesn't have fibro but every lady needs to conserve energy for birth.

Let hubby finish up what he can but you REST.

Can't wait to see his little face. What a wonderful time your going to have.

M

p.s.
    out of 7 births my water only broke one time by its self
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

I bet you won't wait until Saturday!!

It does seem like this is "our" baby (everyone here!!) LOL

I wish I could hold him when he's born. It's been soooooo long since my grandsons were babies.

MY baby is 25 and 6'4" -- not much of a baby anymore!

I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy, uneventful delivery of a precious baby boy!

How far is it to get to the hospital? We always had a 40 min. drive, which always made by husband soooooo nervous when he was driving me to the hospital.

Hugs and kisses,
    Janet
  12. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Squat as much as you can, holding onto a chair, your DH- whatever. Squat, focusing on the pressure of the baby's head helping to dilate and efface the cervix. Once you are in a good, deep comfortable squat- relax and sort of 'drop into it'. That helped me so much with my second baby. Not at all with the third, so... it is SO worth a shot, though, b/c my 2nd labor was by far the best!

Finally, try to hold your body in a forward-leaning position as much as you can. Forget lounging with your feet up for now. If your feet are up, lay on your left side, leaning a little forward. Do the cat stretches and even the 'child's pose' if you are able. Try leaning forward with your arms and head on a countertop, then relax your back and abdominopelvic muscles. These maneuvers will help to encourage Landon to 'assume the position' more readily and are important during labor, as he shift his presentation coming down the birth canal. My first birth was 'sunny side up', which resulted in an excruciating 3 hours of pushing. Too little, too late: found out later that the mandatory bed rest I'd been on was a heavy contributor- I did almost NO leaning forward.

Trust me Kate- I've been there three times on your end of it, but I've assisted with more births, childbirth classes and breastfeeding classes than I can count.

I am wishing for you abundant blessings and praying for Landon a calm, relaxed entry into this world. For you, I pray that your body continues to speak to you in the language you understand and that you have the courage to follow your instincts... and have a magical experience free of any undue pain or complications.

Ask if you can access the internet while you're in labor, so you can give us the play-by-play! Okay, now on that one I was just kidding! I'm an EMT with our local rescue squad and it's been a while since any of us have had to actually deliver a baby on our own. We are all trained to perform a clean and safe delivery, but well, without practice...! My crew members all asked if I would call 911 when I went into labor and they could drive me around in the back of the ambulance until my baby was born; then they'd take us to the hospital- Aaaaargh! I can't even imagine!

Peace to you, Kate, may you find your inner light and strength guiding you.
    Lollie

(the smilies' cheeks are flushed from panting!)
  13. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm not sure why it's done the way it's done in N. America, probably most of the modern medical world too, but lying on your back for birthing is considered barbaric in many cultures. Seems birthing is greatly assisted by gravity, go figure, not even birthing can defy the laws of physics. So being on your back for delivery causes so much more work for the poor mother because she has to push that much harder to push the baby up the birth canal. Not to mention, that your muscles work better when you are standing than while lying.

If I ever have a baby, a big if since I'm 38 and get a yeast infection at every ovulation still, I'll make sure to find a doc or midwife that delivers Indian style. With me squatting, either standing or perched on the edge of something.

Jeanne
  14. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

You must be sooo excited! I'm excited for you too! :) Can't wait until the day I see your post announcing that sweet little Landon has arrived safe and healthy.

I'll be praying for you all.

Please give his sweet little baby feetsies kisses for me. :)

Love and blessings
    "Auntie" Mar
  15. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I was just thinking of you this morning but I couldn't remember your name. Thanks for reminding me! LOL I wish you luck and am very glad to see someone so positive about their life right now. IT MADE ME EXCITED TOO!!! I hope to hear from you soon!!

PIRT
  16. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Hi Kate,

Hope all is going well.